Home Dead by Daylight Forums Share Your Work Media Lounge

If the Devs don't care... why should we?

13»

Comments

• NFTiger115NFTiger115 Member Posts: 8

Don't say the devs don't care. They are paid to make this game as good as they can but I don't think you understand that fixing everyone's needs is not an easy thing to do. The devs try their best but a new issue will always come around to ######### with the game. Y'all needa stop hating on the devs for trying their best to fix everything y'all are complaining about.

• DanielLeonis309DanielLeonis309 Member Posts: 13

Agreed. There are many bugs within all PvP games not just this one. The Devs cannot be expected to sit down and immediately fix all the comments they get on bugs or gameplay, as they must also consider how one change will affect multiple other aspects of the game. As a player of both sides, I can say from my point of view, they are pretty balanced. There are some things that could be a little bit better on both sides, but I agree that saying the Devs don’t care about their own game or community is definitely too much. They do care, but it’s almost certain they get all types of differing opinions on what should be nurfed or buffed. For example, one of my favorite Killers the Legion, I feel could be slightly stronger. While his ability to run faster and inflict the a continuous damage affect on a survivor is a fun tactic to use, while also tracking other survivors with a heartbeat monitor when one is hit, I feel his status affect to do continuous damage should be buffed. I only feel it should be buffed a little bit, to make it more drastic on survivors to recover themselves, since often times as The Legion, you hit one survivor and immediately run to another to keep the chain going. But from the survivors point of view, I agree to an extent that Toolbox’s have far less of an effect. I will not say they are useless in any aspect, because they definitely help with Gen movement, and keeping the Killers hook’s at bay. But they too could also be given a small buff maybe in perks or just in effectiveness. But we are not creators, and must consider that those hopeful small changes could drastically affect other aspects of the game.

I personally agree that if you find the game to be upsetting or boring, maybe you should take some time away from the game to just process and play something else. But I will also be honest and factual when saying, we as players find all games to be upsetting at times. That is the point, and the Devs of this game are not saying they don’t care that players are being frustrated, because why would they put changes in at all if that’s how they felt. The Devs are simply saying, that they will not change their whole buffing and nurfing process, because players feel one side is too weak or strong. They have to consider both sides at all times, in order to keep everyone happy. It’s a tough job programming and making a game into existence, but to also be consistent in considering two separate sides of that game, is a challenge in itself. All I’m saying is, If you do find enjoyment in this game, even though it frustrates you, give the Devs and creators time to fix the game and improve it. You can’t complain about something, and then walk away from it without offering the creators the time to make up for problems.

• the_casualthe_casual Member Posts: 1

I feel like more and more we see what is bad, then what is actually good in the game. A handful of toxic people ruin the fun. That's frustrating. What I see is a game with full potential to be fun. But people want killers and or survivors to be powerless because it's what they want. We are being impatient. The game is far from perfect. So we are going to have to wait.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 3,997

I agree more or less. I do feel like some bugs are taking a bit too long to fix though, and that some dev teams probably would have been able to fix these bugs sooner. But that#s just my guess, I don't know for sure.

But yeah, not having the devs implement the changes you think the game needs and then crying and blaming the devs of not caring for their game at all is just a but laughable and immature.

On a side not, I personally hope toolboxes don't get any buff, I think they are in a good spot. But it's a good example of how devs get different feedback on a bunch of stuff.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 3,997

Just because your viewpoints aren't exactly maintained and agreed on by the devs doesn't mean they don't care about their game. Obviously if more and more people stop playing killer the devs will have to do something. I'm pretty sure they do realise that maps and weaker killers need some looking into, though. If they buff more of the weaker killers in particular, it will most likely get more people to play killer again.

Also, for me on PC, queue times for survivors have been very good at the moment. So maybe it's not as bad as some people make it out to be. And the more killers that get improved to the level of killers that are already viable, the better.

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 3,007
    edited March 2020

TrU3Ta1ent is not that good. He's just insanely popular. He's rages so much on live stream then edits it out for YT videos. It's clear he no longer enjoys it either. When I first saw him vs now he made a lot less mistakes and didn't make the same excuses every game.

He's not someone I would suggest watching you can learn more from other less popular and educational streamers. For some reason people mention him like anything he says is the word of god.

• CosmicWookieCosmicWookie Member Posts: 1

I love the game but it is getting boring. I would like more then one map to come out each time. A increase in shards would be a little nice. The Devs do need to slim down the perk list and get rid of useless ones, ones that are like others etc

I'm sure someone will get pissy but these are my 2 cents.

• SL33PYSL33PY Member Posts: 71

I’m finishing the battle pass then not going to play the next one, I like the rift and times but it’s burnt me out. It’s not that fun anymore as a killer, gens go way to fast on most maps because the maps are horrible. Can’t even chase survivors for 30 seconds without 3 gens finishing

• unholy_d420unholy_d420 Member Posts: 5

I seriously hate the devs for this game. They are the most ungrateful, most hardest people to contact. There was two games in a row where the killer left and I sent in proof and asked for return for me and my teammates as we lost 4 pips all together and obviously didnt get any blood points. They didnt even respond. I sent this to multiple ways of contact and not a single response. They are seriously the WORST DEVS FOR ANY GAME I EVER PLAYED. EVVEEERRR!!! everyone should stop playing this game just to wake them dumb people up as I'm sure they are going to never ever listen to what players want. Guess what devs? You cant have a game and make it how you want when most of the people who played this game doesint even play it anymore. I bet you only have 10 percent of your players who first played, still play. Its seriously terrible. Every single thing they do makes ZERO since and ALWAYS has a down side. The devs are definitely just doing lines of coke and just saying forget everything let's have some fun pissing people off. That's this game in a nutshell. Seriously agian not only the worst devs for any game iv played, but the worst support BY FAR. The games TRASH. It's FREE and people STILL dont play it. Nuff said

• WitherrrWitherrr Member Posts: 85

We need to do something that will give the devs the idea that their game kinda sucks. This meta is so stale because there's only like good perks on either side and like four killers that can actually take a good team on. Tell me how long people have been using dead hard and borrowed.. If ruin didn't get nerfed people would still be using it eighty percent of the rounds, the devs literally had to ruin the perk just to get killers to run different perks because killers feel like they have to use it (and for good reason too). These devs can't continue to make these biased minor changes that aren't doing anything to fix the primary problem with the game, which doesn't take fourty hours of playing the game to see. The game is stale, people are either getting bored of it or frustrated with it, the community is separated between people who play survivor and people who play killer and they constantly just hate on the other side of people. Survivors are sick of versing stridor spirit while killers feel like they have to play her just to have a good round. No matter what either side does, one side isn't having fun, and that's why the community is so toxic. This game is always unfair for one side. And the devs are going to lose their audience with the decisions they're making. I think it's about time we did something to get the devs to maybe play their game and actually see what's wrong with it, I think it's time they realize we don't want a battle pass or cosmetics, we want a fixed game where both sides can have fun and become friends, a game that's fun to play and constantly something to do. A game where people can run something other than the same four perks each game. And I apologize if this was horribly explained, I'm not good at speaking my mind.

• GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,186

They just did a survey about the archive)/rift where he could b*tch at them to his heart's content, since that's been his biggest issue for a while.

The thing is though, he wants the devs to do what HE wants. When they don't, which is basically all the time, he complains. It's actually kind of annoying and I stopped following him a while ago even if he is an amazing Hag.

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 1,326
  • GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,186
    edited March 2020

Lmao talk about petty.

Pips mean -Nothing- now. They literally do not affect who you face or reflect how good you are.

Expecting "compensation" for a killer leaving is such a Karen move I have a hard time believing you are serious.

• MegaGamer_01MegaGamer_01 Member Posts: 172

I agree. Also why play a game where the devs don't care about the people who made the game popular and gave there money?

• Creepy_Chloe_lolCreepy_Chloe_lol Member Posts: 22

In the beginning of dbd the game seemed pretty balanced with the killer having the upper hand. The only reason why it seems so unbalanced is because there are so many survivers with good perks but the killers are pretty much the same, I can agree that even though it's supposed to be a scary game it's filled with toxic people who like to teabag and get us frustrated. In the end even when you do play as killer you should reflect on the matches you play and think what you did wrong and do better in the next round. If you think of quitting the game then you do you and play some other fantastic games. Dbd is not a game you should take seriously unless you have a challenge or something particularly similar, still whether you lose or win say gg to yourself and to the other players (even if they were being toxic) and wish them well 😀

Someone once said that perks are inconvenient but there are ways you can over come inconvenient

• ThiccumClownBoiThiccumClownBoi Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2020

To Quote Elvis The Alien (just substitute YouTube for DBD): If you have to make a video titled why I'm quitting YouTube, Maybe you should just quit YouTube.

• TricknologeeTricknologee Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2020

The dev's don't care. The dev's along with every other major gaming company is no longer in the business of "fun". That's all over now.. this is a new era of gaming. An era where you are actually the one being played; just as in the same sense the characters we control believe they are the hero's, and believe they are in control. Gaming consoles are now nothing more than mind enslavement torture devices that open you up to realms of reality you could only dream of. 5G, a fake virus epidemic, next gen consoles on the way, martial law, full quarantine, and a ton of video games to add extra stress on the matter in the midst of it all. So is all this frustration & toxic interaction a mere coincidence? An accident?? Or has gaming been taken over by the elites?

The dev's don't care. The dev's along with every other major gaming company is no longer in the business of "fun". That's all over now.. this is a new era of gaming. An era where you are actually the one being played; just as in the same sense the characters we control believe they are the hero's, and believe they are in control. Gaming consoles are now nothing more than mind enslavement torture devices that open you up to realms of reality you could only dream of. 5G, a fake virus epidemic, next gen consoles on the way, martial law, full quarantine, and a ton of video games to add extra stress on the matter in the midst of it all. So is all this frustration & toxic interaction a mere coincidence? An accident?? Or has gaming been taken over by the elites?

• Prasie_AtuaPrasie_Atua Member Posts: 17

If you want to quit then quit its that simple all i see are people complaining and whining in this community yes the game is not perfect but some of you are so entitled and act like the devs have done no good