Home Discussions General Discussions

Some friends and I tried to re create marth88’s perkless depip squad and here’s the results.

Comments

• DwightOPDwightOP Member Posts: 2,329

Rank 15 oni. The hell? Try the same against a rank 1 oni main. I bet you will all die. Just the chicken run after unhooking shows you guys are probably just good at holding M1. As soon as a strong chaser is in the picture the whole team falls.

• ThisGuuy83ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
  • Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 3,091

Nah, the killer must of been bad.

😉

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 1,974
    edited March 19

I mean if someone posted a compilation of 100 games where that happened youd want to see all 100 games fully which would be kinda asking for the impossible. (Just saying this happens a lot more then you think especially if its like a slower killer like clown on a giant map) also its hard because of the matchmaker also being a bitch.

• ermsyermsy Member Posts: 501

I get that the killer is low rank but...he did down someone within a reasonable time and 3 gens got done in that time.

Sure the lack of pressure after that is due to the killers lack of experience but I feel alot of killers would of had to have given up the first 3 gens in that scenario.

• Dr_doom_j2Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 826

Who's going to really do the experiment again? Not that it will matter, the data we got last time was disregarded as "that's not every game" despite Martha and his squad de-piping literal stream snipers as killers and beating every single one except a nurse...

But that meant nurse was over powered and needed a nerf, don't you get it?

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 3,091

There are at least 300 videos that many just dismiss.

• AlonzoAlonzo Member Posts: 151

I agree with people saying that this was done against a level 15 baby killer with lack of gameplay experience. You can't expect a fairly new player to stop the gen rush against high ranking swf. This seems a self promoting video thread to get more views.

It happens vs red ranking killers but lets not make this a huge problem because its doesn't happen every game. Some killers will just play for fun with a low tier killer and will go against a try hard swf squad.

The problem is matchmaking which places experienced players to go against inexperienced players.

• SheldorSheldor Member Posts: 156

Obviously a thread by a killer main who thinks by just opening a lobby he should get automatic 4k results every round. If you make the gens even longer (remember the gen times were way faster in the beginning) you need to compensate to that for the survivors as well - 4/5th of the player base relies on survivors, remember that. If chances are close to zero for an escape noone will continue to play this game.

Alltogether this game hosts the most toxic community I have ever experienced in almost 25 years of online gaming and a company that does a job at game design and coding so utterly poor like BHVR.

• tortradertortrader Member Posts: 301

This video shows how a new player who chooses the killer role will be turned off by the game, and lead to a decline in popularity and lack of killers to go against for survivor mains.

I'm starting to think the player base is slowly killing DBD and not the game developers anymore. Pat yourselves on the back.

• Reborn2020Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

Lets do the same tomorrow with me in KYF mode? about 10 games?

• Sweet_FengSweet_Feng Member Posts: 69

They wouldn't be good against me. Probably would've been one escape through the hatch

• DanuDanu Member Posts: 275

You sound like a parrot tbh

Killers have second chance too

As well as that you shouldn't even conpare second chances on survivor with killer since second chance isn't what killer needs in the same way, killer needs time/information more so comparing the strenth of second chance perks on survivors to time/information perks on killer is a better way to go about balancing the game

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,496

It proves that matchmaking is broken. Not that anyone needed any more proof for that,

• Aura_babyyAura_babyy Member Posts: 581

You guys bullied a baby lol

• Mtom912Mtom912 Member Posts: 582

Wait, are you saying it’s strange a red/purple rank swf, can easily beat a new player? What?

• animalmakanimalmak Member Posts: 320

There were two toolboxes on that squad and one looked like a Commodius with a Brand New Part. Those are designed to make gens go faster. Should have not brought in any toolboxes if you wanted to make a point about gen speeds. I don't doubt that the same SWF team with the same killer would still all escape without them, and I know gens can still pop quickly when a team splits up, but there's too many variables here.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 2,488

Marth and his sqaud recorded hundreds of games and posted the results on YouTube.

I'm afraid one match won't change many minds.

• evil_one_74evil_one_74 Member Posts: 218

Long story short. The game needs to be taken down for as long as it takes to do proper maintenance, and fix the problems that have been mentioned. Test, tweak, test, tweak. When the dev's get it figured out, and put it back up they can find a way to compensate us, if the community sees that necessary..

• CrucifilyCrucifily Member Posts: 2

4 veteran players, regardless of perks and add ons will always beat a rank 15 killer lol what the [BAD WORD] kind of stupid post is this

• DingDongsDingDongs Member Posts: 677
    edited March 20

I like everyone blame and talking <BAD WORD> so much on baby killer instead focus about terrible matchmaking or feel bad for newbie killer that game decide to put in 4 veteran players

How to make more new people stop playing killer and give more loading time on survivor

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 1,825
    edited March 20

Nice, you win against a rank 15 oni who has not found out how is power works. If the killer is doing nothing, its obvious gens are getting done very fast. Insert a godly spirit/nurse and the titel would rather be "slugging is a problem"

• Mr_XMr_X Member Posts: 15

This is not the typical outcome. First of all I only play survivor now, and doing gens is boring. If anything I think they should reduce the speed and make cleansing all totems required or add another objective; something to break the monotony. Just have it be about the same overall time.

This is red ranks against a rank 15, and a survive with friends team. Try playing solo que... Not everyone plays SWF. Often I'll be hoping for Hatch with 3-4 gens left after everyone else dies at red ranks. Probably in at least a 25% of my games, and I'm trying to be realistic and not exaggerate this number.

• Mr_XMr_X Member Posts: 15

I will note that within the last couple months it seems purple and red ranks have a much worse chance of being good players in public games. I used to almost always start get good teams once I got to purple ranks.

• DWolfAlphaDWolfAlpha Member Posts: 758

You just answered your own question. It's not balanced around high rank survivors. It's balanced around low rank survivors going up against low rank killers. A swf group n00b stomping doesn't properly showcase how a typical match should go. Again, at best, it shows how poor the matchmaking is.

• 1saltypug1saltypug Member Posts: 107

Yeah I take issue with the toolboxes and such also, they stacked the odds super in their favor to get the results that they wanted. In most games you can find a way to stack something to gain a cheese advantage it reminds me of hammer bros in monster hunter world to break shara's head super fast when it was meant to take more then 4 dudes with hammers whaling on it like one of those old cartoons with 4 guys hitting a railroad spike

• Rey_512Rey_512 Member Posts: 539

This sums it up.

I think the game needs to make the Survivor “Chaser” Emblem (or elements of it) the most weighed. Players who know how to run the killer are typically much smarter/better players than ones who hide, do gens, and unhook others only when it’s safe.