Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

DCING BAN

GET RID OF IT. I was just slugged, the whole team for over twenty mf minutes, and guess what? I cant leave while the freddy AFKs in a corner of the map.

Comments

• GhostwithafaceGhostwithaface Member Posts: 399

Looking it up. It seems to take only 4 minutes for someone to bleed out. Which well, i have no idea if you are playing on console or pc. If this is happening to you, my best advice would be to go watch a video or something while everyone bleeds out to death. If the killer is not hooking you and no one has a perk like unbreakable or already use it to get back up on their feet. That way you can at least do something that entertains you while waiting to get a few blood points.

• NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 7,180
  • The_Bootie_GorgonThe_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 985

how did the bleed out timer last for 20 mins

I think either OP was slugged for 4 minutes or it was a drawn out game where survivors traded downs.

Depending on the killers intentions, it could be reported, there's a lot of ifs involved.

have the devs ever stated an official max length of time for a match?

i'm thinking 20 mins max...but that's just my opinion...

• bobcat946732bobcat946732 Member Posts: 499

I'm almost positive you can't report for any kind of slugging even if they do it on purpose to waste your time. Downing everyone and then letting them all bleed out is only morally wrong as far as I'm aware. Heck, I think even if you constantly pick someone up, drop them, down them again and rinse and repeat isn't bannable as EGC will kill you eventually or you'll find hatch if the killer hasn't closed it yet.

Mori canceling might not be bannable anymore because the timer goes down now. They just seem to be adamant that as long as the game will end it's a-ok. Especially since proving the killers intentions can be rather difficult as well.

The biggest situations I can think of for game stall banning (besides body-blocking which might not be accepted anymore due to EGC) is when survivors play hide and seek and when a killer 3-gens against 2 people for a stupid amount of time. I don't think the Devs have ever been public about any of these specific situations and whether or not they're fine which is where so much confusion comes in.

I wish they'd make an updated list of what is bannable and what's not with more specific guidelines.

Mori spamming is bannable if done for prolong periods of time.

If you're slugging people and the game lasts half an hour, then yes, it's considered griefing because any killer who does this is trying to waste as much time as possible. The game shouldn't last longer than half a hour, that's ridiculous! 😁

• JeonKookie97JeonKookie97 Member Posts: 24

It was drawn out for that long. One or two of us would be up, then down, then up, then down, repeatedly. Only a little bit of the bleed out timer would go down before someone was up, and then back down again repeatedly for over 20 minutes.

My point of the post is the dcing penalty is broken and sh*tty people like this are doing it on purpose to be a horrible person.

This is where you DC because the game is wasting too much of your time. Then, you report the killer for griefing, and if the killer has a record of drawing out games for as long as possible, it could result in the killer getting a temporary ban.

It sucks that you have to DC, but you shouldn't suffer a long penalty, if you play the game responsibly.

Note, I don't endorse DCing, but this is one of those situations where it's acceptable because the killer is attempting to waste everyone's time. I'm surely not going to play 30 minutes of Slugging Championship. If you catch me, you sacrifice me and let me go to my next game.

Fair enough for the Mori spam one though that is a Mod reply and not a Dev. I'm not saying you or them are wrong but I'd feel more satisfied with a Dev directly stating it.

As for Slugging I disagree. I just don't see anyway a Killer could slug that long unless it's a ring around the rosy situation with only 1 slug at a time and no one else is ever doing anything. Time limits are also always brought up by people and while I agree that 30 minutes is a long time and shouldn't ever happen, where do they say such a thing is bannable?

Holding the Game hostage can mean different things to different people and it really should be expanded upon.

edited March 21

@Gay Myers (Luzi) is a Community Coordinator, not just a moderator.

She knows a lot more than what a moderator would know, I'd assume.

Anyways, slugging can become bannable if done to extend the game to a point where survivors have to DC to move on to the next game. If you're making survivors DC because you're wasting their time, that's considered griefing and unsportsmanlike behavior. Imagine the killer told you (s)he will bodyblock you for 30 minutes, of course you're not going to wait 30 minutes so you can leave the game and report him. You're likely going to DC once you find out that the killer is serious about wasting 30 minutes of your time and report them.

I'll wait for their response on the Mori thing then. ^_^

Back to sluggin, let me put my point in another way since I'm not saying this quite how I'd like. You can report in game for Harassment, Griefing/Gameplay Abuse/Trolling, Exploits, and Unsportsmanlike at the endgame screen. These reports will do nothing however unless one follows up with evidence in the proper channel where it will then be determined if it breaks the rules of DBD.

Point being what do the Devs consider as Griefing or to be more precise holding the game hostage to mean? Sure you and me could agree that if a killer can slug a game out for 30 minutes then it would probably be griefing. Would the devs consider it griefing though? I've only ever seen the devs talk about holding the game hostage in body-blocking scenarios where the survivor has no choice but to dc or the game goes on forever. That is not the case in the 30 minute game, it's drawn out for sure but the game does eventually end.

Plenty of people consider normal slugging, camping, tunneling, t-baging, etc as Griefing/Unsportsmanlike things worth reporting but the devs themselves do not. I'm just wondering if the 30 minute slugfest or even OP's situation would fall under that same category.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 6,190

With regards to the mori spamming @NMCKE is quite correct, that it is still bannable as it's griefing @bobcat946732 .

Slugging is not something we ban for, especially as there's been the recent challenges to down survivors etc. There's options for the survivors, if the killer is waiting by the survivor to down them and their rescuer - then go work on a gen for example, And as the survivor does bleedout within 4 minutes of being downed, it doesn't hold the game hostage.

Trying to think of a good way to word this, my apologies if this isn't the best phrasing.

If the killer intentionally drags out the game for unnecessarily amounts of time, slugging or not, is that considered close enough? It's not slugging itself that's bannable, but the purpose behind it, to waste as much time as possible (the killer refuses to end the game), as OP mentioned — it took 20 minutes (I've seen far worse). The reason why slugging is mentioned is because some mischievous killers use it to waste as much time as possible.

People like OP probably can't afford to waste 20 minutes per game.

Would that be bannable, or no because the game will eventually end? Sorry, just want to make sure were on the same page. 😄

• OrionbashOrionbash Member Posts: 399

Of course it was a Freddy. Lol. Dude probobly gets steamrolled all the time as any other killer because he's not good at the game so he hops on the only guaranteed 4k killer and starts slugging to take it out on survivors that were just playing the game. Some killers are total tools.

• BeHasUBeHasU Member Posts: 453

why the killer should be reported? He isn't keeping anyone hostage, he just let them to bleed out so he can get 4 kills, there's no griefing in this, it's just his tactic to get kills.

Read my other comments in this thread, I'm super tired right now. 😕

• BeHasUBeHasU Member Posts: 453

aight, just saw the first comment and quote it, sorry

That's what tends to happen, we (I'm guilty of this too) see the first comment and assume that's it. 😁

You're fine.

• theArashitheArashi Member Posts: 883

So are you trying to say that If I down everyone and slug them to bleed out without hooking it's bannable now?

• SnapshotSnapshot Member Posts: 754

As far as I know, there is no way to hold a game hostage other than bodyblock a survivor in a corner or the survivor using an exploit to be unreachable... All other things do not seem to be bannable as the game will 100% end (for example survivor doing all gens or bleeds out)...

• Cancan71Cancan71 Member Posts: 297

In the game Identity V (basically DBD mobile) there is an option for survivors to surrender if all four survivors are knocked down. BHVR should implement a system like that so that killers can't BM survivors by leaving them on the floor. It's not uncommon that I run into a killer who slugs the remaining survivors for 4 minutes just to be rude. That double the amount of time than the EGC, which was introduced to stop survivors BMing for too long.

• SnapshotSnapshot Member Posts: 754

That can be easily exploited from the survivor side then.

• Cancan71Cancan71 Member Posts: 297

How, mind me asking? In Identity V all survivors would have to agree to surrender and the killer gets bonus points for their surrender. Ideally this feature would also give additional emblem points so you don't have to worry about your rank. The killer would still win. The only downside I could see is that if your doing a challenge like closing the hatch and they all surrender, but that can be worked around.

• OtakuBurritoOtakuBurrito Member Posts: 445

Just do what I did and 4% 4HEAD

no but in all seriousness just start running unbreakable and med kits with the purple vial add on. that's why ive been doing and it's been helping alot.