Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.6.0 PTB is now available on Steam. For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231267

as a new player and new killer main 3months I found out how not to be tilted

I'm literally having easy games

1) I just dont go for people who camp pallets and obviously the red rank players in my game you can tell by the way they loop you so I avoid them 100%

2) I just go who i can go for, if the chase is longer than 15 seconds i just go for someone else

3) I avoid bad god loops and pretty much go for people in my rank and I find those people who I ignore often come to me eventually (for points I assume or they are bored)

shrugs

meh rank 11 from rank 8 is my level https://i.imgur.com/DCfbqS1.png

Comments

• YoshisCookiesYoshisCookies Member Posts: 67

I main doctor and spirit super fun Why be tilted over people you cant catch just go for peeps who are actually not going on gens 24/7 also for the gens thing I actually dont mind if i get 4 gens to nothing I come to terms with this that I cant stop it I just que up to farm BP and get kills and wack people and build stacks with save the best for last which is super fun

• KwikwittedKwikwitted Member Posts: 609

So.....basically your solution is "just stop caring and you won't be tilted".

What a new and exciting idea! This has clearly never been suggested before and will solve all the problems with the game!

• YoshisCookiesYoshisCookies Member Posts: 67

Nope, cus I still go after people just not gonna go hardcore and let myself get tilted

• LarikalLarikal Member Posts: 54

So you suggest to go chasing the only one survivor who can loops till the end of the match without getting even hit? What a great idea! I bet nobody ever tried it before... oh, wait, already too many tried. Guess what - it doesnt end well for them.

So i agree with YoshisCookies, if you see survivor can loops and he found infinite loop then dont chase him around that for 10 minutes, just go search for others, and catch looper without loops, he cant spend whole game staying in the middle of infinite loop doing nothing. If he do however then be happy, its already 3 vs 1, not 4 vs 1 :P

Yeah that's not what I'm suggesting, at all.

Also I was responding mainly to this.

"also for the gens thing I actually dont mind if i get 4 gens to nothing I come to terms with this"

So yeah, it's pretty easy to not tilt if you just cease to care. Too bad it doesn't actually solve the problem the game has with map design and gen speed, but I digress.

I'm not in favor of tilting, obviously, I'm also not in favor of chasing one survivor all game to get nothing out of it. The problem with YoshisCookies perspective is it may work in green and purple ranks, ignore the strong loopers and target the potatoes, fine and dandy. Thing is as you go up in ranks ALL the survivors will be strong loopers, so what's the plan then? Just ignore everyone?

Also if you are continually chasing 15 seconds and giving up how is that different from chasing one survivor for the whole game and getting nothing out of it? Sad truth is there is times where committing to a chase is necessary, either to burn pallets and give yourself an easier time later, or protecting a key area or generator that is left alone the survivor will most definitely come back to.

Also just because a survivor is dry-humping an infinite at this moment doesn't mean they're going to stay there the whole time, survivors aren't dumb, when they stop hearing the terror radius they're going to go back to what they were doing. So this idea that it's now a 3v1 is just not true.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,369

How I stop myself from getting tilted? Treat the survivors as bots. Any tactic you can use against bots to win? Do it.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,337

No one is saying the game doesn't have problems or that the problems don't matter, but as long as they do exist, isn't it better to find a way to cope cheerfully than to get yourself worked up and angry every game?

We don't always get to choose the circumstances we face, but we do get to choose how to respond to them.

Again, I'm not advocating for tilting, or raging, or calling someone a bad name if they beat you, you won't win every time nor should you expect to ESPECIALLY if you play killer, but just shrugging and going "lol it's just a game" isn't exactly the best alternative either.

The ideal reaction to losing a game is introspection and reflection, looking at the mistakes you made, where you went wrong, what you could have done differently, how to adjust in the future, and possible solutions. Is your perk build optimal? Are you using the best addons? Do you have some map offerings you could burn to slant a game to a more killer or survivor sided map? These are reasonable reactions to a loss, but just basically saying "lol it's just a game" accomplishes none of this, you will just perpetuate the cycle and not get better, which at that point it begs the question why are you playing? Don't you have to all but learn to enjoy loss at that point?

Think of it like this, how frustrated do you get when one of your teammates on survivor side just is a full potato, can't loop, gets caught easily, goes for bad unhooks getting both you and them downed, all the hallmarks of a team drag. So you get to after-game chat and you try to explain what they did, why it was a bad idea, and the response you get is "lol it's just a game". Don't tell me that's not going to annoy you to some degree, because their lack of caring is now hurting your experience.

At least in this instance killers not caring only hurts themselves.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,337
    edited March 2020

I understand and agree for the most part with what you're saying, but I don't think that not caring if you lose and the ability to reflect on a loss and use it for future improvement are mutually exclusive.

Learning to enjoy yourself even if you lose is a valuable skill, because realistically, most people will lose at least 50% of the competitive games they play, and if you can't enjoy a game regardless of whether you win, you're going to have a bad time. That's what it means to not care if you lose - not that you don't care about improving your skills, but that you ultimately care more about enjoying yourself (and in many cases, improving your skills in the process) than you do about beating your opponent(s).

It's not so much enjoying the loss itself as it is not letting the loss define the game. It's actually a very healthy attitude to have, and for some people, keeping things in perspective by reminding themselves that it is just a game (which, after all, is not untrue) helps them achieve that. And it's absolutely possible to play for fun and not worry about losing while simultaneously analysing your own gameplay, noticing your mistakes and thinking about where you can improve for next time.

• MrPeterPFLMrPeterPFL Member Posts: 632

This game isn’t competitive, take the winning mindset out and have fun

If the game wasn't competitive the game wouldn't include.

1. Ranking systems.
    2. Emblem systems detailing performance.
    3. Pips to associate progress.

Just because the game isn't balanced around competitive play doesn't mean it's not competitive. Minecraft or Mario Paint are better examples of games that are actually non-competitive.