A Question: What do YOU want from this game?
The forums are filled with a lot of people expressing their frustrations with the game.
Killers - gen rushing, Survivor perks, SWF, etc.
Survivors - mori, Killer perks, etc.
While all of us would obviously love to see a game with less toxicity and more sportsmanship on both sides, I've lately begun to notice more and more people accusing the other side of merely wanting an easy win from the game. So now, Survivors and Killers, I'm curious to hear what you honestly want from this game.
Please be respectful, please stay on topic - I feel like that shouldn't have to be asked in every post but I cannot stress how much I am NOT interested in seeing either side use this to just complain. I am asking a genuine and constructive question about the experience people are looking for.
Below I will list what I am looking for but more than arguments for/against my personal interests what I want to hear are YOURS! :) You may think mine are terrible ideas, you may think mine are great. The point of this thread is not to debate other people's opinions but to share what we as individuals value in the game!
- Personally, I really love the chase. That is the main mechanic that makes this game fun for me, without it this game would be boring. What I honestly want from the game is evenly matched skill levels between myself and the Killer/Survivors so that there is challenge in the chase. I want the game to feel 'risky' and 'dangerous' and for the play style to encourage sneaking around, hiding, and cleverness. "Hurry up and get gens done" is boring for me no matter which side I'm playing.
- As a Survivor main the excitement and anticipation of trying to avoid the Killer and then the rush while they are after me is what I'm here for. When a Killer outmaneuvers me or outsmarts me and downs me I often love it because it was cool to see them outplay me. Just as it is really satisfying for me to do something clever and evade them. What is not fun is when it was not a matter of player skill but simply a mechanical advantage.
- I would like to see the game be more focused on player skill and less on built-in perks. And in saying that I would like to go against Killers who are at my skill level (it's not fun to be stomped OR to run circles around them). I think that this would also alleviate a lot of the constant complaints being voiced on the forum about this or that.
- I would like to see moris removed. I know, I know. I almost did not include this because this is such a hot topic, but here is my reasoning. As a Killer I would be furious if there was a Survivor offering which halved the completion timers on generators. Just think about how many complaints there are about tool boxes speeding generators up. The EXACT flip side of that is a mori. It takes the 3 hook requirement to 1 hook 1 down, halving the game for the Survivors. NO ONE wants to wait in a lobby to have their game over in the blink of an eye. I would like to have my lobby wait time valued.
- Lastly, I would like to see keys removed. That's right! In my opinion keys are just the Survivor mori and for the same reason that I dislike moris I dislike keys.