Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
The 4.0.0 is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Wraith Buff

DeshDesh Member Posts: 366

So it's not really a buff but more of a modification/balance maybe? Depends on how you view it.

Wraith is a beautiful killer who amazing skins and honestly a pretty decent power. But he's hardly utilized in the high red ranks from what I seen due to the major drawbacks of his power. However the statistics provided by the Devs state that his usage is average. I think a way to increase more diversification of Killers among high ranks by adding Wraith to the fold is to make him completely invisible. Like, Spirit when she's phasing invisible.

Now I say this because Wraith with no add-ons is pretty hard to play. Most of his add-ons to begin with aren't even that great either. If you don't have the silent bell add-on, people will hear you coming a "mile" away and run off before you can do your surprise attack on them effectively. Hell, the time it takes to transition out of the spirit world takes a long time and the survivors already see your movement and have sprinted off, making it hard/impossible to catch depending on the area they're located in. Last thing to add, he gains deviousness points for Stalking, but what's the point of Stalking if a Survivor sees you as you come up so you have to immediately uncloak anyways to chase them? Defeats the purpose of Stalking.

So my suggestion simply put:

1.) Make Wraith completely invisible for anyone to see when he's in the Spirit world. Movements in the grass/corn can still cause sound/movement.

2.) If you want to make Wraith completely invisible, his add-ons NEED to be modified as well. No one wants a Wraith that is standing right behind them and IMMEDIATELY coming out of the Spirit world to hit them just to disappear and do it again when Survivors think they're safe. That's just too OP.

There's probably other adjustments you may or may not need to modify if you do this. Like his speed when he's uncloaking or how fast his movement is while he is in the Spirit world.

Would love opinions or better suggestions. But Wraith needs something, his Skins are too awesome and his play is too great to be a (below) average killer.

Comments

• Reborn2020Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

You could just appoach survivors while hiding and avoid those unnecessary changes.

• DeshDesh Member Posts: 366

But you can't. That's the whole of this suggestion. As long as you move and Survivors are actually maintaining awareness of their surroundings, they will see you coming towards them. Unless of course you're blocked by an obstacle but that's not always the case.

• Reborn2020Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    edited March 23

If you hide they will see you only when you close. If you implement this change but rework his addons that make him uncloak faster it wouldnt change anything. The result wil be the same i.e. you wont be able to uncloak and get a hit right away anyway.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 882

Suggestion: The Wraith's uncloak speed curve stays the same for uncloaking when following crouching survivors, but the Wraith has a speed curve going from 5.04 to 4.6 m/s when uncloaking behind a running survivor.

Note: This would be technically determined by whether The Wraith is in a chase with a survivor or not. This requires a change to how the Wraith's stealth works to allow The Wraith to count as "uncloaked" for the purposes of registering a chase in the uncloaking action. This means that The Wraith begins a chase (chase music and all) when he starts to uncloak near a running survivor.

This should remedy the annoyance of the issue for the moment. I think that The Wraith should have add-ons that grant him more invisibility and more silence (i.e. more stealth). Good candidates would be the current Shadow Dance add-ons that replaced the Blind Warrior add-ons. Side note: I would like to see "All-seeing" - Mud make a return.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 882

Note how The Wraith's terror radius can be heard while uncloaking in this video of TrU3Ta1ent:

Imagine that, but with chase music instead of just the terror radius and a Wraith that could have caught Meg before she reached the pallet.

• CheersTCCheersTC Member Posts: 2,183

I'm with Reborn here.

On all maps, although not all gens, you can approach outside of a LOS of the generator. Here it being worked on? Do your thing and attack them. If you don't here it being worked on then you move on.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 2,596

The one buff I definitely want to see is an increase to his base movement speed while cloked, and then to compensate for that, his windstorm addons need to be nerfed slightly.

Not sure if he really needs anything else. Maybe he could be invisible to survivors that are more than 24 meters away from him or something like that.