Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Marth experiment is valid or not?

Reborn2020Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

What do you think?

Comments

• Aura_babyyAura_babyy Member Posts: 575

Link?

• Reborn2020Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

But then they lost to nurse when using comms. Doesnt it mean that she s extremely overpowered and needs to be handled?

• finitethrillsfinitethrills Member Posts: 380

They lost to a few killers in there, including a pre rework Freddy, iirc. The point of doing 300 matches is to have good data. Pulling out one match is pointless. Nobody ever doubted that nurse is/was the strongest killer in the game. Considering that they blew up most killers, it can easily be said that nurse was the only killer that stood a chance, using your method. In reality, nurses still averaged less than 1 kill per game. They did average the highest number of hooks per game. The only two killers who averaged MORE than 1 kill per game? Freddy and Pig. So I guess they're the OP ones.

edited March 24

I mean they were using comms that completely breaks the balance and nurse still win. Im wrong? How many games were against nurse at all?

• SupaSlay3r20SupaSlay3r20 Member Posts: 76

If nurse winning is an outlier in the data, then you really can't draw any conclusions from it.

• DehitayDehitay Member Posts: 1,277

LMFAO, I love the way you pretend it's been nothing but killer sided patches. But the irony is that if that's true, and then Marth comes back and does the experiment again and still destroys killers, then I guess that would mean survivors were just completely overpowered to begin with if they still have the upper hand now. Of course, the reality of the situation is that you're wildly biased, and a replication of the Marth experiment in today's DbD will only be even more devestating for killers. Hell, I'm currently rank 2 and a survivor and rank 9 as a killer even though I play killer more often. And trust me, that's not because of all the major killer buffs that have been happening.

edited March 24

Stats by Killer Total Number Of Ratio Avg Kills/Game Avg Hooks/Game Avg Pips/Game

Nurse 31 15.50% 0.87 3.10 -0.68

Billy 54 27.00% 0.93 2.04 -0.85

Huntress 35 17.50% 0.83 2.06 -0.99

Freddy 15 7.50% 1.20 2.73 -0.73

Sorry, formatting doesn't really translate. These are from the 200 perkless/perk games, excluding the 100 hero squad games.

Also, I believe pallet vac was gone before the EXP took place.

edited March 24

Just to be clear - in the comms/no perk experiment, only 4 out of 100 killers got a 4k. 1 EA of Freddy, Myers, Nurse, and Huntress. Huntress moried 3 of them. Myers had tombstone and one of the Survivors lost connection. Nurse had a mori and was also incredibly lagged. Freddy was the only one that didn't use a mori, and Freddy's dream state at the time was brutal vs Survivors not using any perks, esp self care.

There was also an experiment where few nurses lost with ebony mori? I guess mori is balanced then?

Also so called "no comms" experiment is laughable. I mean they still knew each other and most likely had a plan to follow before games. Which also is the reason why he refused to make another experiment with me as a killer.

The questions are:

If the game is really such survivor sided why the heck would you need your friends you were playing with for so long in swf to prove the game imbalance? Why the heck you need toolboxes to prove ridiculuos gen times? I know they went with no items in one of the experiments but they still had comms which would compensate for everything.

If you ask me its not hard to win when you play in a team you know so well with toolboxes with addons that insanely increase those gen times against random killers.

The entire point was to show that playing survivor optimally was what was broken, and that either using comms or using perks made no real difference - Survivors that play to win WILL win in a massive percentage.

They didn't redo the experiment because they were all sick of BHVR blowing them off completely. 2 bailed completely because there was nothing new to show and they'd just be beating their head against the wall. The other 2 were willing, but not so much that they'd bother finding another two.

Yes, they had a very basic plan for playing - do Gens, only safe unhook, and gtfo.

One experiment used no items, the other banned the most ridiculous add-ons like bnp.

Here s what he said:

"No thanks. Most of the group moved on after BHVR played there hand they dont care about balancing this game at all. There business model is money > game health. So i just accepted it and gave up trying to advocate for change.

And trust me that experiment is still very valid. We as killers are just lucky survivors are boosted apes"

So apparently he needs his old team to prove games imbalance😂

• SunaIIanuSunaIIanu Member Posts: 227

As far as I know the experiment (or most of it) was in March 2018, the vaccum was removed when Clown came out.

Here s what he said:

"No thanks. Most of the group moved on after BHVR played there hand they dont care about balancing this game at all. There business model is money > game health. So i just accepted it and gave up trying to advocate for change.

And trust me that experiment is still very valid. We as killers are just lucky survivors are boosted apes"

So apparently he needs his old team to prove games imbalance😂

This does seem to be correct. For some reason, I thought the vac was removed earlier that winter.

• SunaIIanuSunaIIanu Member Posts: 227

I think they announced it quite early and showed video examples, that might be the reason :)

Could be. I have a vague recollection of them fiddling something with pallets over the winter, maybe they tweaked some stuff before doing the full Monty on it. My memory is not good enough for that sort of length these days.

well doesnt it make sense to challenge the one who put that experiment in the first place?

edited March 25

Guys by the way Marth also believe a simple math in this game.

I quote him "This dev team gives no shits about balance so im not wasting my time. Plus its simple math and apparently half the community plus you are bad at it, and im not gonna sit here and explain it in details to a passive agressive keyboard warrior".

So he believes that 4 survivors means 12 chases in order to win.

Not really, unless you plan on playing 100+ games against them.

All challenging them to a specific game does is massage your ego if you win, and show nothing if you lose. Further, it completely sidesteps the live test method, as in the live environment, a swf knows that they are a swf, knows what they are bringing, and knows their plan. The killer doesn't get to have the foreknowledge.

Your quest for some sort of rematch is simply for your own benefit and has nothing to do with trying to show any sort of empirical evidence of their experiment being true or false.

If you really wanted to discount their findings, you'd be organizing an experiment of your own.

If you just want to prove you're better than any given swf, go get on discord and find some opponents. There's tons of them dedicated to playing in swf, and there's a lot of players out there that are better than most of the depip squad.