Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Balanced Landing Got A Nerf. Guess What It Needs Now...

1234568»

Comments

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 882

Yes. I hate dealing with the sprint burst on Balanced Landing. I'd much rather face survivors who have a stagger reduction. It gives me so much frustration to just see survivors zoom away to a non-trap zone when I'm playing Hag.

I would push this change above most issues in the game.

• DetailedDetrimentDetailedDetriment Member Posts: 1,009

I do hope you know that no one is going to notice this simply because it's a two month old sub-forum.

yeah, but making new threads all the time clogs feedback, which I may end up doing anyway because of the reason you stated :/

Yeah. It's one of those things where you hope your forum is seen first so that it can make it to the top of the discussions list.

• NullEXENullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

It's now the same tier as Lithe. It doesn't need a buff, the other exhaustion perks need a nerf.

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 6,540

Sprint Burst is the definition of a balanced perk imo.

This is scary. I don't want this forum to revive.

• NullEXENullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

I don't use it because I hate walking around trying to preserve my exhaustion perk. So yes I can see why it is balanced from a survivor perspective. BUT when playing Killer there is nothing more annoying then finally finding someone, and the first thing that happens is they sprint burst into a safe loop - you know full well at that point you're not gonna catch them, but if you don't chase them at that point they are just going to jump right back on that gen and complete, while 2-3 other survivors are out there also doing gens.

It's a gross manipulation of the amount of time the Killer has to complete his objective, and imo should be either reworked or nerfed.

• PredatedPredated Member Posts: 339

Being injured isnt really a cost for survivors tho. Especially since pretty much the main killers used either already cause people to go to their dying state(ghostface, myers, leatherface, billy, oni), or have a lot of other ways to expose survivors. Exposing has been the main meta for killers nowadays. So there is literally no difference between being injured and being healthy other than grunts of pain, which is why a lot of people tend to use iron will.

Compared to Lithe: it's literally sprintburst with the CONDITION that you need to use a rushed vault speed. If you already need to do a rushed vault speed, that 10% isnt going to matter that much.

Let alone that I think that Sprintburst, like Dead Hard actually should have a trigger button rather than just using it. Especially now that exhaustion doesnt go down while running anymore(which im not really complaining about, but the only reason sprintburst was more useful than other exhaustion perks was that you could trigger it twice or thrice during a chase, while for BL and Lithe you needed to look for a place to use it in the first place).

Honestly, if they released a survivor perk that has the old passive as a better version(aka, 80%-95% stagger reduction, which still is worse than the 100% stagger reduction that killers get) in a similar way to how No Mither also is a worse Iron Will. Then I'd be fine with that. But the whole reason why Balanced Landing has the passive, is because its one of the most specific requirements in the game. There were practically no maps where you could drop far enough to trigger the speed boost in general. In fact, the movementspeed boost wasnt part of the perk untill tier 3. There are some spots where you can cheese the movementspeed out of it, but overall, its the hardest exhaustion perk to pull off during or right before a chase.

Dead forum btw

It may be dead for now, but I like to visit the graves of threads I've known and pay my respects to the things that should have been.

• Dead_by_chrissyDead_by_chrissy Member Posts: 64

Yeah because with Lithe it provides a HUGE gap between the killer and you since now the killer has to either vault the window or walk around it. Balanced is just sprint burst but worse.