Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What are Your Dead by Daylight Unpopular Opinions and Hot Takes?

I did this once before, but it was almost a year ago. I feel like enough has changed so that we'll get some unique answers.

Anyway, what are your unpopular opinions about DbD? Lemme have 'em!

Comments

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 4,287

Pig is OP... but I love it

• KwikwittedKwikwitted Member Posts: 641

And my unpopular take is the exact opposite.

I would give up Mori's in a second if it meant I didn't have to play against keys, particularly when as a killer I'm penalized by the ridiculous emblem system for even using a Mori, as kills are good for BP, but do not count towards your Devout score, meaning it's usually a conscious decision to forego a pip in order to use a Mori, and for what, a moderately interesting animation that 90% of the time is obstructed by some ground clutter cause the cameraman BHVR got to film these things is always laying down or something? Hard pass.

Meanwhile keys not only give survivors a significant boost to their survival score (cause duh, they survived) as well as 5k BP, not to mention they are almost impossible to defend against, you basically have to bring a Mori to counter keys to ensure enough generators don't get completed to enable the key's use.

Keys will never be balanced, and Mori's are really just for one-offs when a killer doesn't care about pipping either out of boredom or out of spite, I would shed no tears watching both get left on the side of the road.

• BigTimeGamerBigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

games should reward skill, not offer alternatives in the form of free wins

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,343

I agree, but that's not at all what I was saying. Still, I said it was an unpopular opinion, didn't I?

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,343
  • KwikwittedKwikwitted Member Posts: 641

I will admit, the ruin nerf made me a better killer, for better or worse. My ability to end chases by default had to get better as I didn't have the luxury of time that I used to have.

I can't say for certain if every game being a sweatfest is a good thing for the killer community as a whole, but most of the time I do enjoy it and there is a sense of accomplishment for succeeding.

And yes the change to Ruin and the current generator rush meta has brought full on chase/kill perk loadouts back in vogue, cause the only way to really get survivors off gens is make them unhook their buddy.

• Demogordon_RamsayDemogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

Legion is worse than Clown.

• MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

Camping and tunneling really aren't a big deal.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,830

People whine too much about Spirit and she has more counterplay than people claim.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 3,763

The "gen rush" problem people these days keep complaining about is the result of years of stripping away from survivors tools to fight back. When survivors were at their absolute peak (insta-everything, double pallets etc) nobody complained about gen rush because survivors wanted to interact with the killer and generators were kind of a secondary objective. Now survivors are much weaker on their own, and their best tool is generators to get out asap.

Also, the Hag needs an overhaul. She's awful to play against and most people suck at/hate playing her.

• BeHasUBeHasU Member Posts: 830

How is DS better now? Then you could use your DS or save it everytime you will get picked up. If you weren't downed the whole game, obv not hooked and you would get down in front of the open exit gates you could just DS the killer and escape. How's this version of DS better?

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 4,335

Top^

• TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 2,066

If exhaustion perks and instant-downs were removed entirely (it would be more boring), it would be a far more balanced game.

• claudeetclaudeet Member Posts: 3

I think ghostface is a boring killer

• DarkPitDarkPit Member Posts: 87
    • DC penalties stack up WAY to much and go down way to slow ( im not ragequitting, i have PC Problems)
    • DS is perfectly fine by itself, ist just surroundings like other second Chance perks or lockers which make it powerful (not OP!)- and this Comes from a Survivor Main
    • Dedicated Servers are worse Thann old Servers, although now there isnt any lagswitching anymore, but this was so rare it wasnt a big deal
    • Archives are a great idea, but most of the challenges are just boring "play-the-game-x-amounts-normally-and-get-your-challenge-done-passively"-challenges, or some are Maybe a bit too hard for newer players
    • urban Evasion and generell the stealthy playstyle are skillless and boring af, but still most of Survivor even in high ranks us them
    • Clown is aswell boring to Play as boring to Play against " oh better be frightened of my power which makes you a bit slower and doesnt let you fast vault for a few seconds"