Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
The 4.0.0 is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Add-on Bloodpoint cost reduction?

Hi, just curious, does anybody else think add-ons should have a price reduction? If you get an ultra rare addon for 7,000 BP and can't even keep it if you escape without a perk, should the price be reduced on all add-ons?

This includes killers.

IMO, Add-ons should go as follows: (For killer and surv)

• Common: 1,000 BP
  • Uncommon: 1,500 BP
  • Rare: 2,000 BP
  • Very Rare: 2,500 BP
  • Ultra Rare: 3,000 BP

This would moderately reduce grind on bloodwebs and make buying add-ons you'll never use a little less sufferable.

On the same token, I think perks might need to have an increased price to make this seem more just.

• Uncommon Perks: 5,000 BP
  • Rare Perks: 6,500 BP
  • Very Rare Perks: 8,000 BP

I know this probably all sounds very controversial, which is why I want to know what you all think. I want a better perspective on if this is ridiculous or not.

Comments

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 882

That's a bad idea. If anything, add-ons should be more expensive, not less, and perks should be removed from the bloodweb and set aside in a perk leveling area of their own. I can't use all the add-ons I have before hitting the bloodpoint cap and starting the whole process of buying them again. #makeultrarare8000again

I explain in further detail in these comments:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1160856#Comment_1160856

• hex_genrushhex_genrush Member Posts: 736

Yeah do that and remove perk tiers

• PassarinoTPassarinoT Member Posts: 197

I understand your point of view on this, but I feel that you are still forgetting that add-ons are consumed without a perk. Alongside this, I think item costs are fine, but with add-ons basically being one time use now, I feel they should be cheaper. Also, with how quick the devs are releasing new content, it feels extremely difficult to level up and prestige each character before there's already more. I guess that is the idea of the game but still, when you compare BP prices to how you earn them, it feels redundant. As a survivor, you sit on a gen for 80 seconds and can't even afford half of a common add-on with that score of 1,250 from doing nothing for a minute and 20 seconds. I feel that maybe if add-ons are to remain the same price, they should atleast change the rewards for being booted from rounds, sitting on gens forever, or getting genrushed. All of these barely reward you well (except for co-op points with gens) and are just painful to go through when playing a game. I appreciate your honesty and feedback though, gave me a nice view on it.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 882

np, I'll try to write my reply when I have time, but for now I wanted to say that, yeah, I agree that the change to survivor add-ons makes me feel like I should be getting them with more ease now. I would much rather that change be reverted, since survivors have to pay for both the item and add-ons (disregarding chests for the moment). Honestly, the change has made me much more reluctant to use items because if I never get to use it in the match, I'll lose the add-ons, so what's the difference between that and having the add-ons just sit in my inventory?

The posts I directed you toward were in truth more about killer add-ons, but it ends up applying to survivors too just because payment for rarities is the same between killers and survivors.