Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Survivor = Easy Mode

Comments

• snozersnozer Member Posts: 776

just went from yellow to green rank killer and never lost a game. the stats are flawed and include the wrong part of the player base.

nobody does gens at these ranks, and the devs seem to be balancing around the assumption that nobody does gens at all ranks.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

It's easy if you get a baby killer, or have a full squad who's all 5 ranks above the killer.

It's extremely painful as a solo these days will all the campers and tunnellers about.

If you actually played a season of survivor above rank 15, then maybe you'd learn the truth.

• SadDemogordonSadDemogordon Member Posts: 3

do u ever played spirit?

• Blister987Blister987 Member Posts: 54

Also, yeah Spirit and Freddy (who are 100% of red ranks) are very complex too. These darn survivor who don't understand the ability of having headphones and spamming m2 around loops.

• TheDizTheDiz Member Posts: 241

The only thing I agree with is the SWF aspect but solo survivor is not easy mode because I get killed a LOT. lol...As killer I usually get at least 2 or 3 kills unless I'm just 2 hooking or going against a very good SWF team.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,511

Aaahahahahaha. You mean the tweaks and balance changes? Oh that's rich.

Balanced landing "nerf" or the toolbox "nerf". Which one are you using as your main point. Because neither was a flat nerf. And those are the only BIG changes recently. One of which came with the update making sabotage 10x easier.

And before anyone starts the bs side vs side crap, I play both, more survivor. So....

• LALYTHIALALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

Sure ya do. I gotta tell you, every Killer main who has a survivor sided opinion suddenly plays both and is an expert in survivor experience.

And sure, if by "balance changes" you mean all the nerfs - yeah. Why not? Tomato, tomato. :)

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,511

Nerfs? You mean the two balance changes I literally explained to you but you want to cry nerf because you want easy mode?

How is making toolboxes faster, just with less charges, and able to sabo FASTER, a nerf hon?

Also, heres my CURRENT AS OF RIGHT NOW survivor page. Funny how people who say they play both, actually play both and not just using it to argue with someone who wants to play the side vs side complain card.

So I'm a killer main?

• aregularplayeraregularplayer Member Posts: 906
    edited March 2020

You are a rank 20 survivor, your opinion means absolutelly nothing, I'm sorry. I'm not saying it is harder than playing killer, it's different. Try playing solo queue and grow you some survivor skills to understando the difference. Spoiler Alert: Being good isn't enough to survive, you depend on other survivors and the kiler making mistakes, like tunelling the best looper.

• Zidane_Tribal112Zidane_Tribal112 Member Posts: 4

Survivor is truly easy, the sucky part is just that, being a killer is easier and due to killers being spoon-feed for 2 years now, they just become spoiled.

Survivors used to be easy mode and if you not in red ranks, it can be decent, but red rank is awful, if you meet a killer that isn't brain dead, it will be a 4k for him every game, hit boxes, vaulting and now no toolboxes, I think you guys just need to chill a bit, if you aren't a scrub, you gonna 4 man every game pretty much :o

• NamelessNameless Member Posts: 834

cough Nurse and Spirit nerf cough

Not denying that there has been some balancing in the past that improved killer gameplay though. However most of it, or at least from what I remember, was justified in my opinion.

Because survivors never cry about anything? Oh... they just don’t want to understand the reality in their little world? Ignorant comments like this always end up working both ways, just saying.

This is in my opinion an accurate view of the situation. Solo queue can be a serious pain, but in my experience at least, terrible teammates that go down easily won’t change the gameplay drastically with large maps.

• luka2211luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

Depends. Is it soloQ with good teammates or antimates? Is it swf? SoloQ with current matchmaking is hell at times,if the game matches you with low ranks. Even when there's just one low rank,they most of the time get tunneled then its 3v1.

• kazakunkazakun Member Posts: 581

Well,I'm a moderately skilled killer (green to purple rank) same for survivor,and I agree. I main killer now,and with the way the matchmaking is,SOMEONE is going to escape almost no matter what. It varies depending on what killer I pick,but I'm seeing way more 4s than I used to. I might get lucky and get some low ranks and catch a 4k,but it's rare. I'm usually against reds and have to play so sweaty it's unreal. SWF,forget it.

When I started playing again a few months ago,I couldn't believe how many times I was escaping as survivor. Was like 80% or so. I feel like solo survivor it's easier to escape than to try and get a 4k against higher rank players that are dedicated and know every trick in the book. There's tons of variables,and just my opinion.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

No.

Survivor has always been easy as can be. The only challenge the game has is playing killer. Every decent player in this game knows it.

• VikingWilsonVikingWilson Member Posts: 789

I don't main one side or the other, I play them both fairly equally, red rank each to boot. But, I guess, I "suddenly play both."

Yes, those changes were for balance, not straight nerfs or buffs.

• witelightingwitelighting Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2020

If survivor is so easy then explain how 3v1 is killer sided but 4v1 its survivor sided.the game is actually pretty balanced all i could say is maybe up gen times but max 20 seconds.survivor isnt as east as you want to make it seem because if it was 3v1 would still be survivor sided.to clarify 3v1 meaning 3v1 from start ie 5 gens.

Nurse and Spirit nerf? *blank stare*

I do and don't agree. I dont think killers should be miserable because of SWF groups. I also don't think solo survivors and random groups (the majority of DBD groups and the one I fall into) should be miserable because the game is tuned for SWF and Killers rn tend to be hellacious #########. Yet, here we are. It is very clear to me that more "balancing" is needed.

• PizzamanPizzaman Member Posts: 475

Yeah,

just Urban Evade/Sprint Burst/Self Care while you Genrush, right?

RIGHT?

lol

• NamelessNameless Member Posts: 834

Well okay, maybe the Nurse and Spirit nerf weren't the best example because they're arguably still the strongest killers out there, but you get my point. Changes were made to both roles and neither one is going to like those changes if they were negative changes.

I just hope they rework more maps and make them smaller, while at the same time balancing Solo queue, SWF and killers accordingly as they said they would.

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

it is ez mode because as soon as the game is not ez mode, you just let yourself die on the hook and move on ot the next match instandly, aka ez mode.

LOL @ wanting easy mode 😂 ok buddy.

"How is making toolboxes faster, just with less charges, and able to sabo FASTER, a nerf hon?"

Is this a serious questions? They quickly do a tiny percent of a gen and then are nothing but an eyesore the rest of the match. Its 3 whole seconds of advantage that is nullified if a killer pats your gen before you finish it. They're trash. You are able to sabo faster, which is pointless because hook rates were increased while hook distance was decreased some time ago - so if by some magic you happen to be on the hook the killer was headed to - they can just change course easily without incident. The latest patch also enforced that hooks cannot be 99'd and re-spawn after sabo is a matter of seconds - extended by a max of like 15 seconds at the most with a rare addon. There's no point.

Thanks for sharing your survivor screen - whats your killer screen look like? ;)

• WylesongWylesong Member Posts: 641

I play strictly Solo Que when I play survivor and there is nothing easy about it! I get potato teammates about 90% of the time and most the time I have to do at least 4 out of 5 gens if not all 5 myself only to get killed on my first hook because my teammates hide the entire game and then run for the exit leaving me to die. I don't know why everyone assumes EVERY game for survivor is easy mode or other think killer is easy. Every game is different and yes some or easier then others on both side but every game is different and that is what makes this game fun. It is a gamble of difficulty each round. I survive as a huuuman about 45% of the time. As a killer I actually don't play to 4k but to just have fun and actually just mess around with survivors. I like to make sure we all get points and will not tunnel and let each person do a little something. =) I normally let one or two survive as well. =)

• WylesongWylesong Member Posts: 641
    edited March 2020

I play on the switch and maybe I am lucky but SWF has not become a problem on here yet. I have over 1k hours played and have not dealt with SWF yet. I hate how that is breaking the game and sadly developers really can't deal with it. It is funny because I seen people that use mics say the developers support it. They do not support mics but just can't battle or stop it so their hands are tied.

I will say I do play with friends at times but we 100% HONEST do it without mics. It makes the game that much more fun. It is how it was meant to be played. We will play a few rounds then hangout someplace later and talk and laugh about how bad we did. lol

• MEATSOLDIERMEATSOLDIER Member Posts: 16

I can't put into words why I hate this but I'll try. I think it's the lack of script and rambling. seems like pointless wingeing.

• DCh4rlieDCh4rlie Member Posts: 62

It's easy if you decide to play boring. Camp and pull pallets early, don't go for safes, loop the God windows only etc.

• JohnbleJohnble Member Posts: 175

Rank really doesn't matter. For example, I've been playing for about 1.5 - 2 years. Since I don't play this like it's a job, I'm often in lower ranks but my skills are about mid-rank. Stop relying on "rank" to determine someone's skill because some people do play other games and take breaks from DBD. Fundamental flaw with this community is relying on arbitrary numbers to assume someone else's skill level.