Home Discussions General Discussions

Can We Get A Rift Extension?

Comments

• AnevianAnevian Member Posts: 47

I'd like an extension for purely selfish reasons. I had planned on grinding it out the last couple weeks but with all the coronavirus stuff happening I've been working mandatory overtime (yay for being an "essential" employee) and haven't had the time nor energy to make progress on the rift.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,510

How? How are you people having issues?

You say you COMPLETED the new tome? I still have a dozen odd challenges to do and I hit rift 70 last night.

The entire point of a battlepass is to get tou to run out of time and pay for levels.

However, there is plenty of time to grind it out if you wanted to. I did, and DBD is far from my most played game.

We dont need an extension, and wont get one. Because being out of time and not having played enough yet is what they plan on. Again, it's a BATTLEPASS.

Yeah, because the rift is a [BAD WORD] battlepass.

The archives are a great idea. Tying them directly into battlepass tiers was a stupid [BAD WORD] idea.

• EradikEradik Member Posts: 63

Why should everyone get it easily? I mean, I get people have to work. But people had to work before. We're a capitalistic country--they shouldn't get anything for free--including game cosmetics--because of a [BAD WORD] situation going on in the world. They can figure it out like everyone else, and like everyone did before the pandemic on Rift #1.

If you have to pay for it, it's less likely to be out there. Yes, I want it hard and I hope people won't buy it. I'm willing to.

And I'm talking about the charms. I know the cosmetics will go on the store. I don't think they're going to sell the charms. I value the L70 Lantern and vial enough to make sure I got them. I'm hoping they end up being very rare.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 5,298

So you're saying that the people currently working hard in one aspect of their life to ensure the world doesn't fall to [BAD WORD] should just work it out like the people stuck at home not fighting to make sure the world doesn't fall to [BAD WORD]? Okay got it, maybe their plans were to grind it out and were then interrupted by a GLOBAL [BAD WORD] PANDEMIC but okay work it out lol.

I don't think everyone should get it easily. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying I shouldn't have to sink literally over a day into the grind to make it a couple of tiers. I'm saying the challenges should be more rewarding because they didn't give anywhere near as much progress as last time, even if they're therefore (very slightly) harder to complete. I don't mean grindier, I mean harder.

The rift and the archives were introduced as a way to collect lore and cosmetics just through playing the game, and the cosmetics you collect will be available to all at a later date. If you're willing to commit to it but can't because of, again, a GLOBAL PANDEMIC causing life to go to [BAD WORD] for countries you shouldn't be punished this harshly; I wish bhvr had an appeal Web page where you could submit a valid medical ID and receive compensation on the rift or something.

We should be giving back to the people saving lives. For once, have some compassion, and don't be such a prick.

• DisappointedUserDisappointedUser Member Posts: 419

Play killer. Reap rewards... you seem like you likely never play killer and keep forgetting that you’re only playing half the game. Especially with the way you talk about killers.

But where do we draw the line? By giving it to everyone, it devalues the time of the people that did it legit. I get it sucks, I really do. But they ARE working OT... which means more money... so they could easily buy it if they REALLY wanted it. But I don't feel that nurses and doctors and the like are playing too many video games (even before the pandemic) and I even more so doubt they care about rift cosmetics if they do.

And if you got laid off, I feel for you. It sucks. But unemployment insurance will cover you and you now have plenty of time to complete it in the normal timeframe.

You mention the lore, but the lore never goes away! You can always go back to the previous rifts and unlock the lore and videos. And cosmetics come to the store in 6 months. I really fail to see why this is a big deal.

Don't extend it, let those of us who did it get our stupid L70 charm and be done with it. You can barely see them anyway.

• katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 1,190
    edited March 31

There should be a way to activate multiple challenges like in fortnite and apex.

I do agree with this. Pick 2 or 3 and you can work on them in a single match.

• JoelwinoJoelwino Member Posts: 546

Plus a rift could probably be just 50 tiers if they got rid of all those useless charms

The archives were added for lore.

The rift was added as a battlepass.

They then, in their infinite wisdom, linked the two.

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,211

I feel the actual non challange grind should be sped up..it takes so long just to grind a couple levels without challanges and it just feels tedious

• dastrudastru Member Posts: 165

its ok guys ill play a couple times during this x1.5 bp so all u charmless people get to see my beautiful and exclusive charms ;D

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 3,651
    edited April 1

Hey, wasn't there an issue that prevented a decent amount of people from playing yesterday or the day before? Why not extend the Rift by a day or two to help them out? It's not fair that they miss out on their tiers because the game decided to [BAD WORD] up again.

• TheOneElricTheOneElric Member Posts: 59
    edited April 1

Someone actually did the math on this:

FIFTY SEVEN additional hours of gameplay ON TOP of finishing the challenges.

Utterly out of proportion. Honestly, it feels kind of like a scam this time.

"Since the challenges can now be completed in fewer matches, you may need to play additional matches after completing the Tome in order to reach Tier 70 in The Rift. "

You MAY NEED is a false statement. You're the devs of this game, I'm sure you've done your math, you KNEW you would ABSOLUTELY need to play additional matches to complete The Rift. If you didn't know, your quality and consumer satisfaction control is horrific. You could of course just admit to wanting to pressure people into buying those sweet auric cells, if that's the case.

Whatever the reason, the grind is just not okay at this point.

• toxicmeggtoxicmegg Member Posts: 662

NO, I want the new rift already

The next Rift won't start for at least a month. Extending this one a couple days wouldn't affect it at all and give you something else to do in the game.

wait what.. if i don't remember wrong, after the first rift the next one started almost immediately? if the new rift doesn't release soon i'll be disappointed lol

The Rifts and Tomes come out with each new mid-chapter. Last year around this time, the mid-chapter patch (2.7.0) came out in May, which would a month away from today. Now Ash did come out around this time, so that might have pushed the mid-chapter patch into May. Even if I'm wrong and the new mid-chapter (3.7.0) releases earlier, it'll still be at the end of April, meaning that we'll have gone at least three weeks without a Rift. Like ZoneDymo said, why not give us more time? There's nothing else happening, so keeping the Rift going until the new one arrives would be a great idea.

oh. thanks for the information. and yeah, if that's the case then i agree, they should keep the rift until the new one starts.

• HakuHaku Member Posts: 553

So we are not getting any extension on the rift ? This is just so sad .... I am literally at the last tier I am not gonna be able to get it. It just takes so much time.... I don't understand why though. The entire world is paralyzed and everyone is at home....

• OkoruOkoru Member Posts: 144
  • csandman1977csandman1977 Member Posts: 1,795

No. You are taking the rift fragments earned and then adding up the remainder of fragments needed without taking into account the fragments earned while playing to complete the challenges. Basically you have to subtract the hours taken completing the challenges away from that 57 hour total. So if it took you 50 hours to complete all challenges, you would only need 7 hours of grinding.

For me i had 2 challenges left when I hit tier 70. I took my time and didnt farm. To be fair i didn't think i would finish it but i managed with decent matchmaking at the end.

• HakuHaku Member Posts: 553
    edited April 1

Dude I played till 6 in the morning last night and I haven't slept almost. It is really arrogant of you tell such thing not knowing me. Some poeple have jobs. Plentty of poeple havent got 70. And I mean in general what the hell do you want with that comment ? Oh look hes not gonna get it let me pew pew on him even more. Ill tell him "play more" and piss him off more cause I am really nice

• OkoruOkoru Member Posts: 144

LOL no. It was was more of a simple answer to your question. I have a fulltime job and have been working during Covid-19 Monday-Friday and I hit 70 two days ago. The rift has been out for months. You most likely had time. Just cause you stayed up all night the night before it ends doesn't mean you did everything you could.