Home Dead by Daylight Forums Ask the Community
Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Sneak peak in chases?

KikkiKikki Member Posts: 536

Hi guy's it is me again :)

I saw a Video where the Survivor was chased by the Killer in a jungle gym and he was sometimes sneak peak what the killer is doing.

So,when I can do this without beeing punished?

Best Answer

Answers

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 7,314

@Kikki

Can you be more descriptive about what 'Sneak peaking what the Killer is doing during a chase" means?

Do you mean looking behind you while the Killer is chasing you? You can do that by switching which key is running away from the Killer while turning your camera towards them with the mouse. So to be more descriptive, you hold W to move forward in a chase when you're not looking at them, than you turn your camera around mid-chase while switching from the W key to the S key to keep moving in that direction AWAY from the killer.

If that's not what you mean, than please explain what you do mean.

• KikkiKikki Member Posts: 536

I mean aomething like zubatlel did in this Video https://youtu.be/dhmUwiZ1RGw

He was running a Jungle gym and sometimes stopped for a little second only to look behind a wall @FireHazard

• YaiPaYaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

if I understood what you said, yes. Sneak peaking as survivor, which I think you mean using (or abusing) the 3rd person cam to see the killer during the chase, is a very common practice. there are many spots in the pre-set loops where you are pretty safe and you can view the killer, if you want I might tell you which one.

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 7,314
    edited April 2020

@Kikki This^

All he's really doing is standing at safe corners to see where the Killer might go next, that's about it. You can use common sense to know when it's safe to do this, since a lot of loops, like the jungle gyms for example, have long walls that the Killer has to go around. All you have to do is stand at the far end of the corner of a loop and place your camera in the right position to view both angles.

It's not really a secret if you review his videos some more. An example of this is at 4:05 of the video you linked above, he stands at a point with both sides in view to know where the Killer might come out of. It's a pretty common practice, it's nothing new.