Home PTB Feedback Archives 2.6.0 PTB
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Coulrophobia buff

RagingCalmRagingCalm Member Posts: 383

Right now this perk is half decent at stopping people from healing off unhooks, or self caring, but is currently very bad at the thing it is supposed to do(or at least, should be the focus of the perk) - stopping SWF teams from picking up their allies instantly. It cannot stop this because the downed survivors can still recover to 90%, and then their friends can still pick them up in under a second.
The change that would stop this can be one of two things - apply the 50% debuff of healing speed to recovery time from on the floor, or make it so downed people can only recover to x%(I would say at most 75%).

Comments

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,294

@ZombieGenesis said:
    So here's a question, what healing effects does the perk impact?

Coming out of the Doctor's insanity?
    Waking up from the dreamworld?

Doctor insanity doesn't count and I'm pretty sure that it won't affect survivors waking each other up.

• ZraithZraith Member Posts: 8

@RagingCalm said:

The change that would stop this can be one of two things - apply the 50% debuff of healing speed to recovery time from on the floor, or make it so downed people can only recover to x%(I would say at most 75%).

The main reason I think both of these suggestions are difficult to agree with, it would hurt the self-recovery efforts of no mither or unbreakable too, and those perks are already very situational; it is rather infrequent killers would leave you on the floor bleeding long enough to use them to recover and attempt an escape.

• weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 1,906

@ZombieGenesis said:

No it doesnt count for Snapping Out Of It. A 20 second action on that would make Doctor insanely strong though.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 5,969
    Yeah I’m not sure how they should go about it, but it’s currently just not good enough. Other perks are just better, and that’s even when you run it with a full terror radius build on something like the doctor. Needs a buff somehow.
  • AftertasteAftertaste Member Posts: 315

Very yes :)

• lxjilyfelxjilyfe Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2018

Once u fail the skill check of "snap out of it", u have to start it all over again. that's why this perk doesn't apply to it, it will just make snap out of it too hard when couple with other perks like Unnerving Pressence.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@Mc_Harty said:

@ZombieGenesis said:

Doctor insanity doesn't count and I'm pretty sure that it won't affect survivors waking each other up.

If insanity doesnt count, then I wont use it. Not strong enough in my opinion

• Luigifan64Luigifan64 Member Posts: 853
    Hmmm, if only there was a perk that would let you see a survivor healing when they’re in your terror radius... 🤔

Oh wait there is one, and it’s helped massively by this perk, you wouldn’t believe how slow healing is at tier 3 and if you’re playing something like Doc, it’s super annoying just trying to heal.
  • NantesNantes Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2018

@ZombieGenesis said:
    This is sort of the new DS situation, it's just forcing survivors to not play like garbage.

How does DS force survivors to play well? I think it's the exact opposite. Played badly enough that you got downed? Fear not, it has absolutely no consequence this time. In fact, your poor play is rewarded. Just flip the bird to the killer and get out free, having wasted his time.

Edit: oh, by "new" DS you mean the DS nerf that is still to come where they'll be unable to heal for the remainder of the match (it's not on this PTB, is it? haven't played survivor there yet). I thought you meant a previous change to DS I was not aware of.

• the thing about this chapter's perks is they call seem to be combo perks that are meant to aid other perks and this is great when working with nurse's calling

• RuniverRuniver Member Posts: 2,095

Coulrophobia is fine the way it is right now in my opinion.
    It doesn't require any changes whatsoever.

• ZraithZraith Member Posts: 8

I'm not sure if any buffs are truly necessary, but maybe on tier 1/2/3 of this perk it would also cause 10-25-40% progress regression on healing if a skill check is failed while under the influence of this perk.

However, given how strong these numbers are already, compare it to thanatophobia, that only provides 15% progress slowdown with 4 injured survivors (although does that globally and on all major actions) and that is the only effect of that perk. Any of the suggestions above in this thread (including mine) would clearly make this one way more desirable than thanatophobia, and it would clearly be a power creep. I'm unsure if this route was truly necessary.