Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

rework god damn Dead Hard

Aztreonam78Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 788

ALMOST EACH GOD DAMN RED RANK SURVIVOR RUNS THIS [BAD WORD] PERK.

It's too strong and, most importantly, unhealthy for the game:

1. It allows expirienced Survivors abuse lots of pallet and windows loops, what they successfully do. Dead Hard at loops is a natural additional Health point
  2. It makes Survivors feel too safe and comfortable while Injured
  3. It works too well against certain Killers (jumping through Trapper's traps, avoiding phantasm hits, dodging Nurse's blink attacks)
  4. Also, it is too unreliable perk due to Dedicated Serves. Lots of time it doesn't work when it should

As I said, this perk needs complete rework. Devs, please, listen.

Comments

• YoshisCookiesYoshisCookies Member Posts: 19

DW its not strong cus u have the sheeps saying it dosent work xdddddddddd cus dedicated servers laggy servers :)

• Aztreonam78Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 788

The most problematic thing in this perk is how it works at loops.

Even with dedicated servers you can perfectly see how Dead Hard is strong and unfair.

• tactictactic Member Posts: 130

I’m fine with the invincibility, but the added speed boost automatically allows survivors to extend a chase to ridiculous lengths.

IMO it should be reduced to just invincibility, not invincibility + speed.

• OicimauOicimau Member Posts: 735

You should had posted it in the feedback/suggestion subforum.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 2,502

I disagree. It's extremely easy to play around it and requires very good prediction and timing to be used decently.

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 1,241

You want to rework a perk that you say yourself is unreliable?

I mean I'd say it works maybe 50% of the time. I'm all for getting that to 100%!

• xBEATDOWNSxxBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 347

Nah. On a good killer, Dead Hard only works one time. Once they see you use it mid chase, they will simply bait it out and then put you in the ground.

Hell I'm not even a good killer but that's what I do.

• SquirrelKnightSquirrelKnight Member Posts: 595

My only issue with it is dead harding through traps. What kind of badasses are stomping on a bear-trap and just powering through it. Otherwise i just get in real close and smack the thicc and its good.

• MPUKMPUK Member Posts: 357
    edited April 2

It works too well against certain killers???? If you don't bait the dead hard it will work against any killer. Going over the trapper's traps. Well they can't even be sabotaged now so you expect a down every time you chase a survivor and they go near a trap?

Why should a phantasm hit be guaranteed just by triggering a trap?

It gives an extra health point but at the same time people are too comfortable being injured???? Well if they don't heal because they feel so comfortable then they don't have an extra health point they have the same as if they had healed.

Dead hard at loops is unfair???? So a perk being used as a perk is unfair?

What's your idea for a rework? Anyone who uses dead hard is immediately teleported to a hook?

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 2,065

"Abuse loops" is quite funny. Actually it is strong when you manage to not "abuse" a loop, but just do your 3 rounds before you drop the pallet and then go for the next safe spot. If you use Dead Hard to make the 4th lap, then you exactly won one lap which might be 5 seconds extra time with that perk. It is stronger when you try to maximise your chase without Dead Hard and then use it when you notice "damn, can't make it this time, now I need dead hard". So actually this is can be seen more like a training perk for optimal chasing to catch miscalculation. People already good at looping can "abuse" it to get even stronger, but that counts for every other perk as well.

Most or half of the times I just see people turning 180 and rush into me with Dead Hard or use it in the open to bait a hit. Both is predictable and easy to outplay and on second it mostly doesn't even help them to get to the next loop. Use it yourself for 10 games and see how OP it is. This is actually one of the most balanced perks imo. Hard to use and can be from pretty strong to pretty weak. The only thing they need to change is dedicated servers.

• BigTimeGamerBigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,067

ah yes, lets make an easy to predict and buggy perk even worse

brilliant idea

• Kai6864Kai6864 Member Posts: 317

Although it is strong, it is the only exhaustion perk that requires some amount of effort, besides Head On. The others have simple criteria that gets you away from the killer.

1. Dead Hard is ineffective versus Instadown killers and perks (There are currently 5 killers and 6 perks , discounting addons) unless they choose to stay injured, a huge risk.
    2. Making survivors feel "safe" and "comfortable" is in no way a reason to change the perk.
    3. Easily baited and bypassed by killers like Huntress, Nurse and a Plague (with Corrupt). I will agree however that being able to not trigger Trapper traps and Hag traps should be looked at.
    4. I agree very much with this too, extremely unreliable. However, if it is used as intended, to avoid a swing, that might buy you what, 3 or so seconds. Much more effective using it to extend loops.
  • GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 1,340
    edited April 2

^This^

Also, Dead Hard really isn't that strong if you know how to bait it out and anticipate it. Treat it like DS, everyone has it until proven otherwise.

• GodotGodot Member Posts: 278

What?

Dead Hard is broken, and I don't mean it's overpowered, it just never works.

Might be just me and my friends with bad luck, but it doesn't work.

• Sunbreaker7Sunbreaker7 Member Posts: 169

Killers can easily counter dead hard simply by acknowlidging that the survivor has it in their arsenal.

Anytime I am chasing a dead hard player, I simply extend my time before the finishing hit to force them to panic-use it and then just walk up to them to finish off.

If there is a pallet for them to loop, I simply just try to predict the moment when they are going to use it and hold my hit and hit them 0.5 second after they dead hard. This way their dead hard ends to my hit animation still inside their collition box and they fall down at the end of their dead hard.

If survivors suddenly turn around to run past me, I know they are about to dead hard through me, so I just stop, wait and then hit after they use it.

There's many way to play around dead hard, all you need is a bit of practice and understanding in what situations good players often use them.

The only timeI can not do anything about the dead hard is when the survivors are running towards a window or pallet and normally would not make it in time but since they got dead hard, they can boost themselves to reach it to safety. And that is just fine...

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,875

Am I the only one who thinks that it kind of sucks compared to Lithe?

I mean, Dead hard can be annoying, I get it, but if anything it deserves to be fixed before reworking, it doesn't work 70% of the time. Which is why I'd say Lithe is better, since it's reliable, works all the time AND Lithe is just perfect for effective pallet use.

Maybe if DH wasn't bugged it would be stronger, but since it doesn't work for 30% of the time, I don't think it's broken, I think it's quite balanced. As is Lithe and Head on. The devs just need to add more competition, like reviving Balanced landing, and Dead hard wouldn't seem as strong? Plus, even if it does, you can just nerf it.

• Reborn2020Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

No skill to use it. Dead hard allows you to abuse certain loops to the max extent and if you fail to do so you can just use dead hard to drop pallet.

• Reborn2020Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

Dead hard is like Mettle of man on release. Some killers just cant counter it. That aspect should be looked at. Thats it.

• LexilogoLexilogo Member Posts: 265

Using Dead Hard to extend a loop doesn't require much skill, yes. Though being able to accurately gauge how much distance between you and the Killer and when you need to Dead Hard requires WAY more skill than most give it credit for, it is a relatively easy thing to do.

You know what else doesn't require skill? Proccing Sprint Burst, Balanced Landing, or Lithe. They all ALSO serve the purpose of extending loops, and they do it better than Dead Hard. Extending loops is the reason why you equip an Exhaustion Perk, so a Dead Hard used in chase to avoid a down is no more of a problem than a Sprint Burst being used to get some extra distance.

• KaijuKaiju Member Posts: 352

Lmao imagine complaining about a perk that works half of the time and can be countered besides using it for distance

• lunaticlifterlunaticlifter Member Posts: 348
    edited April 2

i laugh when i read: ''It ReQuIrEs sKiLlS FrOm sURviVovRs!!1''.. I agree with you my dude, this perk is bullshit, press e or x to waste even more time in a chase.. in b4 people who complain about being exasuthed on the ground don't know how to use this perk.. you use dead hard to gain distance, to reach a window/pallet, to outplay a nurse, to revert a bad play, to outplay a trap, to loop even more most of the killer, which don't have a good power to deal with some set ups, and dead hard makes those set up even stronger and IT REQUIRES NO SKILLS!. They nerfed ruin because it was the most used perk and it required no effort from the killer, now that balanced landing is nerfed, dead hard is used in like 90% of the games, so it should get the same treatment, because it's even worse..

• ThisGuuy83ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,214

Kinda like how people complain about noed, only it can be countered completely.

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 519

Are you aware that there are only 2 killer's (that I can think of off the top of my head) that force DH to be used as intended? How do you bait something that is being used the exact opposite as intended?

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 519

I agree with you whole heartedly, but do you think it would still be worth the exhaustion slot?

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 1,681

I'd rather have BT and DS reworked before DH, but I have had a few cases where I've had a chase down, only for a DH into a pallet. Can be annoying, and sometimes down right frustrating, but there are other perks that need attention before DH.

• Deadman316Deadman316 Member Posts: 418

Let's see, rework Monitor & Abuse, BBQ, NOED, Sloppy Butcher, Thrilling Tremors, Gearhead, Insidious, Pop Goes The Weasel and all of Ghostface perks. They're too strong!

See, I can do this too :)

• Deadman316Deadman316 Member Posts: 418

And also, are the survivors just supposed to sit and let you kill them? Would that make you killers feel better? Getting upset because Dead Hard extends chases? Dead Hard makes survivors feel comfortable when injured, oh yeah, because there are so many other perks that do the same, lol. You killers are a whiny bunch.