Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Breaking the fake walls system

Breaking the fake walls is definitly a bad idea there's why : YOU DON'T HAVE TIME

You'll get gen rushed , just imagine a trapper or a hag if they had to trap and then break the walls , that's a 2/3 gen lost

It is a very bad idea

Comments

• CheersCheers Member Posts: 3,426

Don't complain when a survivor loops you for two gens there just because you didn't destroy it. They're only at strong loops.

• TrollthemTrollthem Member Posts: 186

They are only on the new map and excuse me but its a lame gameplay + it still a great loop with the two window Open .

• CheersCheers Member Posts: 3,426

All you need to do is go up to them early game and destroy them though, take about 20 seconds of your time and you've gotten rid of what is a great loop.

• TohmoTohmo Member Posts: 247

Trapper and Hag are the killers that'll rely on these mechanics the least, as they have mechanics that deter them from chasing normally.

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,892

I also don't really like the concept of breakable walls.They are either mandatory to break or useless.

What people don't understand is that its another mechanic added to for the killer so he lose much more time as if he had free time before , they seriously cant give anything to do for the survivors for once ?

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,186

They did not add this mechanic for the Killer to lose time. In fact, breaking every breakable Wall is good for the Killer, because he will only profit.

The implementation of breakable Walls is poor. Thats it. They are either at structures which can be played from the Killers Side, making them only something which makes a Structure useless, or are 100% mandatory to break (like the Walls on the Saloon). Both should not exist, neither should the Killer be able to make Structures braindead by just breaking a Wall, nor should the Killer need to break Walls to make Structures actually playable for him (the Breakable Walls in the Saloon should be doorways all the time).

So they implemented the Walls as a feature to help Killers, but they have done so quite badly. If breakable Walls would be implemented as a strategic feature, they would have been so much better. Like, Killer can break a Wall to have easy access to an area, but opens a good Balanced Landing Spot with that. This would give the Killer a choice (and not just: I break it to have it easy or I break it, because I have to break it) and would be so much better.

What you don't understand is that survivor don't need to get balance landing spot they don't need more advantage in the game and killer doesnt need anymore mechanic in the game , they need to add things for the survivors so they don't just work on gens its boring for the survivor to just M1 and its boring for the killer to just go around gens find a survivor and hope to down him fast enough so you dont get 3 gens rushed in your face.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,186
  • Awkward_FiendAwkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687

How useful the break is really depends on your killer. Hag and Trapper for example really don't need to break basically any walls that they don't want to. An example of this will be the Ironworks wall, they don't need to deal with that.

Freddy and Doctor will most likely have the most interesting choice on if they should break them. Both powers will stop the most powerful loops, but if they don't break the wall then there's less entrances/exits to that location.