Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Killer mains/people who play both sides whats your opinion on freddy?

Comments

• CallmehandsomeCallmehandsome Member Posts: 529

I think you got answered by a lot of survivor mains. Personally he is quite fun to play as, strong but not oppressive. He has decent ability to slow looping and also map pressure. As a survivor he is quite annoing to play against IF you get bad team, but then again every killer is hard if you have potato team.

• DisappointedUserDisappointedUser Member Posts: 420

Freddy is incredibly strong as a killer. But something about his play style and what he does makes me dislike playing AS him and AGAINST him.. I know they reworked him and he'll likely never get another re-work, but he's likely my least favorite killer even though he is one of the top killers ATM.

• GrannyonAcidGrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

I play Freddy frequently now. He's one of the best that's for sure. Probably the killer I best perform on. That being said... I can't like chain play him. It might be a couple of games and then he's just boring as hell. Really doesn't have interactive powers. He might be the biggest basic M1 killer in the game. Really the only thing I really enjoy about him is being able to run discordance and teleport to generators that have multiple people on them. It allows him to be in a chase from the start of the game till the end. I think stuff like that simply make him strong. He's kinda like a Hillbilly that can hang a survivor and chainsaw across the map to find people for another chase instantly. Think Billy and Freddy are pretty much at that same level because of that.

• cricketscornercricketscorner Member Posts: 1,029

Remove microsleep and he wouldn't be so braindead. Doc's passive was removed, same should go for Freddy. He'd still be boringly strong without it.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 3,598
    edited April 2020

Personally I hate fake pallets. Unless you memorize every pallet location in the map they have no real counter except praying, especially since in the first chase you don't even know which power Freddy is using. That makes fake pallets very frustrating to face, but also too boring and braindead to use for me.

As for the rest of his kit, snares are a bit too spammable and his lunge animation is very misleading, but otherwise I find him ok.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,876

I don't play as him frequently enough for me to give a proper opinion. However from my experiences with him he's alright just really dull.

As for playing against him as long as I'm not playing against the super slow down Freddy I'm fine if it's super slow down Freddy then yeah that is a major no

• KellieKellie Member Posts: 1,328

He's stupid easy to play and gets stale quickly on both sides. I can't imagine maining him, theres just no such thing as that.

• TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 1,725
    edited April 2020

I like playing as, and against him. However, I hate Red Paint Brush and Swing Chains. I have no issues with Snares or Pallets.

• BigTimeGamerBigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

i play both at reds

hes an m1 killer that actively allows people to bloodlust instead of mindgaming

zzz

• jokerdude23_jokerdude23_ Member Posts: 102

Fine as is, very powerful, I enjoy using him and facing him personally

• Demogordon_RamsayDemogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

Extremely unfun and uninteractive to play against his dream snares and constant sleeping.

”Haha loser, I put down three dream snares, now this loop will kill you.”

”Well maybe if I run to this one instead—“

”Haha no, I don’t suffer from any penalties while placing a dream snare so I can punish you for abandoning the loop that I turned into a death trap by holding M2 three times. Don’t you feel so outskilled?”

Add on to that his formidable map pressure and it’s a cycle of him constantly getting you into a chase and said chases not lasting long at all because Dream Snares are so brainless. And THEN you forever Freddy who slows down the gens by an insane degree by just playing the game and... it’s not fun.

Playing as him is just as boring. Why go through the effort of mindgaming or anything like that when you can just hold M2 near a loop you don’t like and win for free, then teleport and do it all again?

Overall, boring as hell to play as and against.

• Reborn2020Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

He s fine. The counter is that you need to have one person to do secondary objectives just like with Trapper, Hag. By that i mean that one survivor needs to stay awake and wake up the rest of the survivors then Freddy is barely able to use his power.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I ######### love him. Second favorite Killer after Doctor.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,578

Quite the deadly Killer, but not over the edge just yet.

Since the Snares are the standard, i don't like his base gameplay.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,052

He's fine. He has plenty of counters that survivors tend to ignore. There's a weird logic that people have towards waking up. "I'll be dead by 3 gens, but at least I didn't cross the map or fail a skill check to wake up. That would be inefficient." The biggest problem I have with him is how strong he can be relative to how low his skill ceiling is.

• SchmierbachSchmierbach Member Posts: 468

Freddy's fine

• katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 2,309

If you think about it, it kind of ironic considering prework freddy had wallhack. How the tables have turned.

• Chan_002Chan_002 Member Posts: 21

In my entire time playing DBD (on pc and ps4) i have not once gone against a freddy

• RespectfulnancymainRespectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

What rank are you and how long have you been playing dbd

• Chan_002Chan_002 Member Posts: 21

Ive been on and off DBD on ps4 i was like 13 or 12, and pc im 14, as for time played on pc it saids 70 hours (feels like more) and for ps4 i played for a few years before switching to pc

• MiniPixelsMiniPixels Member Posts: 528

I've been playing both sides since week 1 of this games release, in it's current state with sound bugs and game balance I do not think there is an op killer in the game, if those were fixed then I would change my mind, but with how fast gens go in rank 1 as long as I have a competent team with me you can curb stomp most killers. As for how he is to play as and against, I hate playing against him, the dream world is annoying and he has little to no counter play, and for playing as him, he is in my opinion very boring to play as, and I would take old freddy any day over him, old freddy was a challenge and was very fun to play.

• RespectfulnancymainRespectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

Guess your extremly lucky. I get freddys atleast 3 times a day

• IvaldiIvaldi Member Posts: 977

He's fine power wise.. but his hit boxes are crazy. Because he and his weapon are so small it makes it difficult to judge how close he is.

• Androuruguayo99Androuruguayo99 Member Posts: 55

Im killer main and i also play survivor. I find Freddy one of the most boring killers to play against and as a killer. I preferred by far the previous freddy and risk making a combination with end game perks. I reach p3 with that freddy, I barely touched after the rework

Now all games with freddy are the same for me. loop, spam snares, down, hook, teleport to generator and use pop. Repeat. Same as survivor I also think that his hit boxing has something strange (and don't come to me with the excuse that all killer's hitboxes are the same). I've beaten survivors with freddy from unthinkable places, and I've been hit in unreachable loops

Anyway, I do not deny that it is an extremely strong killer to use and that he is in a good position. It has everything a killer needs but I don't know if it really rewards skill. Also, it's funny how the best counter to Freddy ends up being genrush and not allow to apply pop

Oh and something else, on ps4 as soon as you fall asleep the fps fall a lot, receiving a hit from freddy awake means that the fps will drop

sorry for my english, is not my native language

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,205

i'm not a big Freddy player myself, but he is a pretty good killer nowadays.

sure, there are better killers but he certainly earned himself a spot at A tier imo.

as a Survivor, i honestly dont really expect winning against Freddy xD dunno, i dont see him a lot and once you are asleep its really just a matter of time until he gets you...

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I don't mind him on either side.

I do actually feel like there is something that I can do as a survivor, unlike when I go against Hillbilly or Spirit, yet still fall if I screw up.

As him, he feels powerful in a sense that you are 90% in control of the match. Snares help with both information and the chase and the teleport is great for capitalising on perks such as Hex: Ruin or Pop Goes the Weasel.

However, his slowdown add-ons do feel like complete BS to go against when stacked. I know they've been lowered, but still. Dying Light and Thanataphobia are enough.

• ToastyyToastyy Member Posts: 224

Freddy is very good but not overpowered, the problem I have with him is how little effort you have to put in to play him and to get a 4k. He has so many tools in his base kit it’s like the win is handed to you on a silver platter. He is very boring to play and to play against because he is so noob friendly.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,112

Fun to play against, hate playing as him. I’ll always miss old Freddy.

• oh_0koh_0k Member Posts: 712

Hes fine but his dream snares suck fun out of him and he becomes boring and a lot of his addons are usless

Dreamsnares:

I would remove his dream snares and replace them with fake pallets

When chasing an asleep survivor all windows, lockers, and pallets gain fake red stains

This makes him mess with the survivors and rely on mind games other than just spamming m2 at a loop

Addons:

Kid's drawing: Gain 200 extra blood points when a survivor falls asleep but fake red stains when chasing an asleep survivors flicker

Fake pallet addons: Now just have the aura reading when survivors throw fake pallets

• Common =4 sec
    • Uncommon = 6 sec
    • Rare = 8 sec

Block addons: Brings back snares but only in some ways

Common = When a sleeping survivor enters a locker a dream snare spawns outside the locker

Unommon = Some fake pallets gain a dream snare but don't gain fake red stains

Rare = Some windows gain dream snares but don't gain red stains

Very rare = Dreams snares spawn at generators you teleport to only 2 gens can have dream snares

• ExerlinExerlin Member Posts: 1,217

Boring as and against. He's one of the few killers I really wish were never added in the first place. His entire existence in dbd has been a complete mess.