Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

If you only play one side, your opinion should not be valid..

BlueFirebillyBlueFirebilly Member Posts: 257
edited April 2020 in General Discussions

If you only play one side of the game your opinion should not be valid because you don’t know what it is like to play the other side or what it is like to be in the other sides shoes. I am a neutral player 50/50 my opinion should be valid because I know what it is like to play both sides but say if you only play survivor or only play killer, your opinion will be extremely biased and you don’t know what it is like to play the other side and how unfair certain things are. For example, moris are unfair, keys are too, play killer. T-bagging and Clicking your flashlight is toxic, so is tunnelling and camping.

These are all things that only neutral players should actually be able to tell the truth in because we play both sides and understand what the struggles are and we don’t just play one side trying to kick the teeth out of the other sides mouth.

Comments

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 2,693

I'd say most of the opinions still matter, but you definitely need to play and understand both sides to have more knowledge on everything.

I personally was a survivor main when I started, had a terrible first killer match and hated killer. I complained a lot as survivor, but once I got super addicted to the game, was constantly watching videos and started playing killer, a lot of my opinions changed. You just have to see things from both prospectives, it won't hurt.

• BlueFirebillyBlueFirebilly Member Posts: 257

Yeah, it’s not even if your a 100% main, it’s just you need to see everything from both perspectives or else I don’t think your opinion will be decent or valid

It’s fine as long as the beholder has knowledge about the other side

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 4,335

Yes it certainly helps to see the game from both sides. It makes you more understanding of why a certain tactic may have been used in that situation.

But I feel to truly get it. You have to play both sides competitively. Not just doing dailies or memeing around. But take each side in to at least purple ranks.

• hex_genrushhex_genrush Member Posts: 736

True

yeah you have to have good knowledge of either side, knowing what it is like to play to rank up or have fun games, not just play one side and then do the other side for dailies only

• Deadman316Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

Your post is 100% false. Just because someone only plays one side, that means they can't understand what the other side goes through while reading and watching videos? Or, maybe they just understand the situation by being in trials themselves. I play survivor and I get on BOTH sides about their whining. All you're saying is "when I complain about something, no should fire back with anything if they don't have the knowledge, because I know the ones that does would agree with me and I don't have to argue back and forth". What's funny is that some of the people that's supposed to have the knowledge you're looking for, doesn't know much themselves. You can believe what you want, but I'm still going to voice my opinion, because I don't have to be a killer to understand a situation. Bottom line, Killers that whine about nerfs and loops are bad killers. Survivors that whine are bad survivors.

• CheersCheers Member Posts: 3,426

Exactly. You can be a good survivor but have no clue about killer and be biased. Same the other way round.

I used to think Noed was overpowered when I was 100% survivor, and although I still do think it needs tweaks, I don't get angry at the killer when I see it now.

So let me guess, you are a bad survivor since I’ve seen you whining on here before? But no, the point is you need the knowledge to back up your opinions unless you realize what the real problems are with both sides while playing only one side

• ElenaElena Member Posts: 2,188
    edited April 2020

I feel proud commenting on this knowing I play both sides 😊

In all seriousness though, I think Dead by Daylight has it's variations of what people call balanced and unbalanced. I see a lot of us vs them forums all the time and they say the game is unbalanced when really they haven't seen what it's like for both sides.

For example: a killer main complains about getting 0-1 kills, says the game is unbalanced. For the survivor mains that escaped, they're probably thinking the game is balanced and the killer was just a noob. However if the roles were reversed and all the survivor mains died, maybe one or some of them are thinking that the game is unbalanced and the killers are too "powerful", however a killer main would perceive the game as balanced because he/she got extra kills compared to his previous match.

I think it all just comes down to skill and experience.

• Deadman316Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

If a survivor is good, it's because they've used a combination of perks and skill to become strong. Killers start with a specific power, I'm not saying it makes them instantly stronger, but it does give them a slight advantage. Imagine if they had to select their power the same way the survivors have to select toolboxes, med kits, etc., killers would really have a fit then. However, combine their power with the right add-ons and that makes them seem OP. But once the get beat with their super killer, that's when the whining and nerf requests start.

I've played against bad killers and I've played against great killers. I'm a green rank survivor, I'm not terrible, but I'm not the best either. Just about all perks and powers can be countered in one way or another, so to me, things like NOED are not OP. All of the information that I've gathered from playing, watching and reading, makes me more than capable of sharing my opinion, even if I don't play killer.