Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Survivor mains.

And I am talking about red rank survivor mains here. how do you actually feel about the new changes to god loops and gen speeds?

Comments

• Slaughterhouse3Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 796

As a killer I enjoy chases like that also! Its amazing to feel like you have a chance and if you fail the chase its on you and the other one out matched you :D

• obamagaming99obamagaming99 Member Posts: 216

i'm rank 4 on killer and survivor and they're decent at best. a step in the right direction but not a big one

• crixus006crixus006 Member Posts: 379

Gens are ok, 12 seconds to do a gen is trash, I have played matches where 3 gens were done in 1 Minute.. I hope this nerfed can help killers because I was boring from escape every match even killers never saw me.

• hex_genrushhex_genrush Member Posts: 736

I play 6/4 so probably more on killer side but theses changes were needed as jungle gyms were already insanely strong if the survivor knew how to run it properly.

• SoylentPixieSoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,079

Meh, my usual way of thinking is whether it affects my game play or not, I will adapt as I have with every other nerf / buff.

• Slaughterhouse3Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 796

Good to hear! I wish others thought like that lmaoo. As soon as Ruin got nerfed I was like....ok I can work around this.

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,521

I play surivor 60% killer 40%, and i am not sure. While i think smaller maps are better balance wise, it supports fast games, while i like my games to be about 15 minutes long, with lots of hidding, a few chases, many hooks and many gens done. Then, in the end it doesnt matter who won.

So i think the smaller maps are more significant than the gen time change. The god loops had to go balance wise in any way, i belive.

• BigBrainMegMainBigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

It's a healthy change.

I have the most fun in smaller maps anyways.

• KellieKellie Member Posts: 1,328

I don't care. The gen changes are minor and the breakable walls are ok. I'm just annoyed that instead of actually fixing maps, they just slapped the breakable walls on as a bandaid fix.

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Who said the only thing they are doing is "slapping breakable walls"? Did you read the developer update?

• th3th3 Member Posts: 1,711

It’s not really going to bother me either way.

• ZephinismZephinism Member Posts: 418

Rank 4 at the moment and I think it's pretty bad. I rarely ever play Killer (hover from 10-15) but this might entice me to since in most of my games people can't loop the killers or find totems. This'll cut back me survability and lower my chances of escaping further. As it stands, I escape maybe 3/10 of my games.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Jungle gym changes probably won't hurt good runners. Gen changes will help higher level killers and make Prove Thyself a bit more appealing to more people.

Legion change will be interesting. Bloodhound might be made viable on them now how a lot of people say that Shadowborn is for Huntress and Nurse.

• SaitamfedSaitamfed Member Posts: 1,503

As a main survivor... it is great. I never ran into infinites anyway so it won't be an issue for me.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Thats how I feel.

I think the map changes are good because the current maps are not fun for killer but something needs to be done for survivor.

I escape maybe 1 out of 10 games. Normally a pattern where the killer just camps the hook and picks off other survivors that go for the rescue, or they fast tunnel someone out and nobody brings DS to even buy a little bit of time.

Just like the god loops that strategy takes no skill. Sucks losing to people who cant chase or mindgame at all but just sit around hooks, bully potatoes out of the game and of course always NOED.

• RPGWolfGamer23RPGWolfGamer23 Member Posts: 126

I never really ran infinites anyways, I felt them to be a bit unfair. The map changes are great too and seem very adaptable.

• Nemmy_WemmyNemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 782

Why would bloodhound be good on legion?

Can he see blood in frenzy i forget.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Yep. If they can see scratch marks too, then disregard my comment. Bloodhound won't be necessary of they can see scratch marks.

• dspaceman20dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,127

To be honest I'm pretty indifferent to the changes as although I am a red rank I am extremely terrible when it comes to looping and using infinites. I prefer a more stealthy play style to prevent from getting into chases. But if people found it necessary to balance the game then I'm fine with it.

• Angelicus23Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

can't really comment here because I don't main any role, but I spent a lot of more hours as survivor, and I saw these changes pretty fair except for the prove thyself part, I don't think this last thing was needed.

• Nemmy_WemmyNemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 782

No he cant see scratches in frenzy. So if he can see blood that might be a sorta slept on perk for him