Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Developers Just Can't Win With This Community

RezblazeRezblaze Member Posts: 843

This coming update, and the last one, are increasing my confidence in the developers and the direction they are taking the game.

No, it doesn't address every issue. It doesn't fix tunneling and camping. But it makes those tactics a little less necessary. It helps killers be able to breathe a little better at higher ranks, and if we don't balance around high ranks, we aren't going to get to a point where low ranks and high ranks meet.

These two updates, I would argue, is the most I've seen them put into the fundamentals of the game itself. The maps and efficiency of generators were both far too much for a killer to handle and easily abusable.

God Loops were soaking up too much time and didn't force a survivor to think on their toes and find new loops to prolong their chase. It was the same loop, no skill, no counterplay.

Yes, the game still has issues, but the major ones are being addressed, and this gives me hope for the future.

I want to say, to all the developer teams, thank you! You do a lot of hard work with little recognition but there are many of us who see and appreciate you. Don't forget that.

Comments

• DeshDesh Member Posts: 1,118

Both bases seem toxic because the people who are toxic are also people who are the most vocal. Just gotta keep pressing on.

• Cancan71Cancan71 Member Posts: 709

I think that some killer and survivor mains have a victim complex, where they see any nerf to their side as the devs being biased against them and then claim that their side is so weak. People also tend to exaggerate a lot. Remember when killers said that they couldn't win without Ruin? Remember when survivors said that DS was useless after its rework? Remember when Doctor was "nerfed"? Remember when sabo was op because of one video of a four man SWF against a brand new killer who didn't know how to counter sabo yet?

That said, I do think this is a good step forward for the game. I'm just gland that Mettle of Man will finally start working as intended.

• RezblazeRezblaze Member Posts: 843

I'll be honest, as a Killer Main, I used to have that mentality of the Devs not caring about "my side". It felt like that for a while. Hell, the Pig being nerfed every update for no discernable reason was a meme for a while.

Then these last few chapters felt like they were going somewhere with it. With the Plague's Corrupt Fountain, the Trapper's ability not being taken from him, toolboxes, Sabotage being slightly less awful...

For the first time since playing this game I feel like its going forward, not backward or stagnant. Small steps, but if they keep this up, then I will like where this game is heading.

Okay what does this have to do with the content we have received? Yes, they haven't fixed tunneling and camping. But we see them fixing issues AT LAST that we've been demanding for years.

Maps are going to be shrunk so that balancing can be done better in them.

This isn't going to fix tunneling and camping but at this rate they are hitting things one at a time.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I'm pretty sure they mentioned nerfing you by name in the next dev update.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,513

it really doesnt matter what they do, if that change somehow negatively affect one side, that sides hardcore players will start crying how "killer / survivor sided the devs are" and that "their side had no tools to ever win a match" and how "unfun the game has become with the constant not stopping killer / survivor nerfs while survivors / killers have only received buffs" and that "they will quit the game now" (but still keep playing cause it turned out to be not that bad at all, who could have guessed).

honestly, ive mostly given up on such people.

both sides have them - and its almost impossible to argue with them, as they dont have any understanding for the other side whatsoever.

i agree with you, the game is in the best state it's ever been in and the devs give their all to improve it whereever they can.

Thank you Devs!

• xBEATDOWNSxxBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

DbD is arguably at its best state right now. Yeah it has its issuses at times (looking at you servers/ lack thereof on Xbox) but overall, it's a much more healthy game than it was upon release.

I'm looking forward to future tweaks.

Now if only the devs could rework Legion for me (Peanits plz)

• memiiekomemiieko Member Posts: 184

I cant get a 4k without pressing the attack button, so I disagree. The developers clearly don't care about us.

• MPUKMPUK Member Posts: 357

Let's be honest here. Camping and tunnelling has ######### all to do with map size any in game issues. It is ######### players taking the easy ######### option to try and win because they're desperate to win irrelevant of how miserable the game is.

You only have to look ag the numerous threads of "why I camp/tunnel/mori" where they give pathetic excuses. It just makes me cringe, they do it because they're #########. The End. No amount if changes that massively favour killers will ever change that. So let's not pretend it will.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Exactly. I see killers steamrolling a team, no gens done, old ruin was still up and still they tried to hang around the hook and fast tunnel people out of the game. They’ll do it no matter what. Its especially bad against certain regions which I wont name but some are definitely worse than others.

god loops going is great. They took no skill to use and were a cheap way to do well. Now devs need to show they care about survivors too and stop camp/tunnel/NOED combo from being an easy win against non-swf. You see it many games and it always guarentees 2 kills minimum, often more. Only as swf can you communicate to beat it. It takes no skill and needs to change.

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,676

Yeah it was quite a while since devs made some truly bad balance decisions. Some were questionable but not really damaging. If they keep on making updates to both sides each mid-chapter update we'll at least have new things to re-learn and have fun with. I love to finally see real changes to maps. That's addressing the biggest issue that DBD has which is great.

I'm looking forward to more updates like this.

• Foxfire47Foxfire47 Member Posts: 227

I think the devs are taking a step in the right direction with the last update and this update. It seems like they are paying attention to the community a little more closely. I'm almost wondering if they are realizing the problems with the game since they recently did a tournament with the devs vs the community. In any case, This is the most excited I've been for changes since the Stranger Things chapter. I can't wait to see what else they'll have in store.

• ZaitsevZaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

With more gen speed changes, I would be really open to them looking at NOED again. But they would have to slow down gen speeds more or allow exit gates to regress.

Perhaps today, now that 2 gens wont be done by the first hook every game, I wont feel like I have to tunnel in order to make things more even. With a little more, I would be happy to have NOED reworked

You understand that Killing is the Killer's main objective, right? If you have a problem with the game rewarding killers so greatly for getting a kill and the amount of pressure it provides, blame the devs. Playing the game as it is now (In anticipation for the new PTB) really sets in stone for me how much needed to change and how necessary tunneling usually is if you want to have a winning game.

• MPUKMPUK Member Posts: 357

You don't need to tunnel to win a game at all. I have never camped and never tunnelled and I am always red rank. If you're ######### you need to tunnel and camp but don't make up excuses as to how it is because of the state the game is in. You rely on it because it is easy.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

After how the Xbox servers were, I'm not holdong my breath for their return.

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 3,007

I would like them to address the issue of second chance perks being stacked. That's always bothered me since they mentiond slow down perks shouldn't stack.

Depending on how this goes the only thing left for me and my complaints would be Bugs and glitches need fixed.

No you don't NEED to but you can't honestly tell me eliminating one person early doesn't allow for the most snowball potential.

People wouldn't tunnel if it didn't reward them.

• EnlyneEnlyne Member Posts: 429

Tunneling to win is never an option since the smart survivors will exploit that and there you go, gens popped and you leave with absolutely nothing.

I sat for a long while in the red ranks as killer without resorting to either camping or tunneling, trying to justify it from the very start of the match is just nasty and proves why so many people decide to go SWF to screw you up instead.

It wouldn't be cool if you got out of the game within 2 minutes when you've waited in the queue more than 5 isn't it? Some of us are solo trying to have a chill game.

• RepliCantRepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

I hope they atleast feel the praise they are getting from us big-time dbd players. Good job on them for risking the shot, taking it, and hopefully watch as it pays off in the longrun. But yeah, the community will always be upset with something and become vocal about it.

Best changes they've made in a long time though

• Deadman316Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

Ok, see here's where I'm having a problem with what some of you all are saying. You want so called God loops taken out, but tunneling and camping is ok? Looping doesn't take skill? Well explain to me how camping takes skill? You killers finally got your way, so now less matches will be won by survivors, because they're not supposed to complete a gen when a killer is not around. Don't worry though, I'm sure the next complaint will be about the Coldwind cornfields, that nerf will be coming soon too.