Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Killer sided post for the devs and survivors, why do we get punished for doing our job?

notsonewnotsonew Member Posts: 269

This is for the devs, and survivors that complain about being tunneled or slugged and everything,

This is our job as killer to kill you, we have many strategies to make us be able to kill you, some people facecamp, some slug, some tunnel, and some just don't care and eat every stuns you have, but I wonder

Why do we get punished so much for doing our job?

I hook someone, proxy camp/facecamp, borrowed time, punished

I go for the one who's got unhooked, decisive strike, punished,

Leave them on the ground to slug, unbreakable, punished

High mobility killers, hook someone, find another one, hook them, go back, find the one that got unhooked, pick them up, DS, punished

Everyone is too altruistic and I down them one by one, hook them one by one, game is won, unbrekable, punished, game isn't over,

Everything that we are suppossed to do, to kill the survivors, we are punished for it, if we play too good (yes sometimes it happens you down 3 survivors in 30 seconds) we get punished, we don't pip because we killed them too quickly, we get stunned when we try to kill survivors too quickly, we get gen rushed when we try to play by the survivor rule book, when we win we are sweaty tryhard killers, we use unfun killers, "braindead" killers, OP perks/add-ons.

Yet, survivors have every single perks and items to punish us for doing our job and make them survive at all cost

Make a mistake in a loop? dead hard, reach a window/pallet you wouldn't have reached before getting hit? dead hard, run the killer for 2-3 gens and have adrenaline, get unhooked when killer is chasing a survivor 15 meters away, borrowed time, down you anyway, DS because damn you for tunneling me even tho my teammate saved me when you were around, down every survivors with my chainsaw, game isn't over because 1 unbreakable brought back up 1-2 survivors.

No matter what killers do, to do their jobs, they get punished over and over again, why? why are we punished for trying to kill survivors? Why are we punished for doing our job?

Comments

• hex_genrushhex_genrush Member Posts: 736

They mad baby mode is getting nerfed. And it’s sad because not all survivors are like this, it’s just the obnoxious ones that are louder than the rest.

• designatordesignator Member Posts: 124

Why are survivors punished for doing their job, trying to survive? Stun the killer, spirit fury. Break a hex totem, Haunted Grounds. Do all the Gens, NOED.

• ggezbabyggezbaby Member Posts: 403

I like to play freddy to negate BT. It’s a pain in the as*s, I get it.

DS is counterable.. just slug and camp slugged body. Even if they unbreakable, doesn’t matter. Or - don’t tunnel for 60 seconds.

Dead Hard - I bait them by getting close but not swinging, and then after they dead hard, I down them.

BT isn’t really counterable unless you’re Freddy or far away from hook. Anyways, you’re not really being punished. Survivors are just using the tools they have to survive, but you also have the power to counter those things. :)

• ggezbabyggezbaby Member Posts: 403

I like to play freddy to negate BT. It’s a pain in the as*s, I get it.

DS is counterable.. just slug and camp slugged body. Even if they unbreakable, doesn’t matter. Or - don’t tunnel for 60 seconds.

Dead Hard - I bait them by getting close but not swinging, and then after they dead hard, I down them.

BT isn’t really counterable unless you’re Freddy or far away from hook. Anyways, you’re not really being punished. Survivors are just using the tools they have to survive, but you also have the power to counter those things. :)

• FreudentraumaFreudentrauma Member Posts: 1,050

Thing is, that all these strategies while beeing quite reliable are core design issues. Proxy camp/facecamp e.g. is kinda the "weakest" way to secure a kill. It's basicly just trying to be protective as much, leads to almost no action and the fact that one player can't move or do anything for 2 minutes before eliminated from the game.

Similar with tunneling. When a person get's hardfocused on, so the killer gets a kill as fast as possible, it leads to similar frustration and early elimination.

Slugging is similar as well, beeing slugged is a state similar to be hooked with limited playoptions. And while tactical slugging makes a lot of sense. Strategical one is kinda frustrating as well. So Devs decided to give us perks to make it more risky to slug someone.

Killers aren't punished for doing their job. It's more that the Devs wanted to give more counterplay or fix certain game design issues/experiences with perks.