Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

an opinion about the dev update.

Aztreonam78Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 788

Oh God, this is definitely one of the most sweet and charming updates I’ve ever seen! Lets go through the points.

REPAIR CHANGES

Increasing the repair speed reduction for cooperating

This is a very nice decision to penalize gen rush through cooperating. But at the same time you buff “Prove Thyself”.

I think it would be a lot better to completely rework this perk, because if it still removes the repair speed reduction - the situation where killers just can’t even get close to gen until it is done isn’t solved at all. The problem is still here and Prove Thyself, as it is now, should go.

REDUCING THE SKILL CHECKS’ IMPACT ON REPAIRING

Totally right. Making repair times more consistent is good. However, this change trivializes not only “Stake Out” (because of which it will be buffed). This Is Not Happening is also a perk. With this fix this perk is completely underwhelming. It would be nice if it increased Great zones all the time, not only while injured. With the skill check change it will not be op, but it will synergy nicely with Stake Out.

One Question - does this change affect only repairing, or also all the other actions like healing, searching Jigsaw boxes, etc? Will I get 300 BP for greats during those interactions?

Lots of Map Changes

The most delicious thing just made my whole day. The majority of the most problematic issues are solved! YEAH!

No more misery in the Ironworks of Misery! No more groaning in the Groaning Storehouse!

Thompson’s House is probably going to become a balanced map!

Temple of Purgation

BUT.

I do not understand why Disturbed Ward and Mother’s Dwelling (especially the latter one) weren’t changed in size? Mother’s is, furthermore, the most huge map in the game now. Why you decided to keep their sizes?

“Reduced Pallets”. You mentioned only this. Does this mean that windows is the main building of Disturbed Ward weren’t touched?

And I am just a little bit scared about Blood Lodge (aka the Pallet Heaven). Though, it might me changed, it is just not illustrated.

thats it. Some quality of life changes are nice too (maybe Mettle of Man is actually worthful). Not joking, this is a really really good job! And yep, Behaviour, as we could see from the last patch, are not biased at all. Devs are just very careful, very very careful.

we’ll see the entire patch note very soon. Have a good morning, day, or night.

Comments