Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

NOED is....

Comments

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 2,047

I feel like these forums get more toxic as days go by.

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

If the killer plays fair, then NoED doesn't feel too bad. Like if they don't camp, they don't overtly tunnel, and they aren't using ridiculous add-ons that make it hard JUST to get the generators done. Of course most of those players hardly ever use NoED to begin with. They don't need it.

But when the player doesn't play fair. They camp, they tunnel, 'Just do Bones' is essentially 'Just pressure gens'. When they camp, tunnel, and use stupidly powerful add-ons, you just don't have time to 'do bones'. And most killers who use NoED are THAT kind of player.

If you're in an SWF it doesn't matter as much. You have teammates who'll actually do totems as well as gens, instead of self-caring in a corner. But in Solo, NoED can be absolutely miserable.

I kind of wish that somehow every killer that ran NoED just faced SWF squads. They deserve each other.

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 4,335

This was not the intention of noed. Remember it wasn't a hex perk when designed.

This has become the mantra spewed by those trying to defend this perk. This perk simply rewards a killer for failure to do their objectives.

Not to mention no killer is putting this perk on with the intention of teaching survivors the importance of doing bones. They put it on because they expect that the exit door will be powered, failure. Unlike adrenaline, which you put on because you expect to finish the gennys, completion of objectives.

Play it if you want, no hate from us, we love the killers reaction when they get a hit and doesn't activate.

• ThatbrownmonsterThatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

Noed is fair and balanced

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 4,335

Read her post again. It screams killer failure. "Had bad luck all game and couldn't hook anyone "

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Why do players like you do not understand whats wrong with this crutch?

• SoylentPixieSoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,180

You know. As a survivor main (according to some this automatically makes me inherently evil), I sometimes wish I had a meme handy to state "I'm not with stupid" when reading threads like these.

NOED is fine. Whether you consider it a bad perk or not, whether you are a solo survivor or not, it's counter-able, risky to take into game and even when it procs its even easier to counter because it's lit the heck up.

You don't even have to break 5 totems, which seems to be the hot debate being thrown around. Yes it is hard to break 5 in solo, but it's just as easy to stop rushing the gates when someone gets hit, 99% them and go looking for that totem. 80% of the time killers will now camp the NOED victim, giving you ample time to do a search. Totems can be well hidden, but there is a finite amount of places they can be and you can learn their positions just as well as you memorise loops.

Half the team wipes gained by NOED, has been either risky saves, or people have just stuck to the gates when the first guy goes down and are easily found by the patrolling killer if he doesn't camp.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Perks like NOED are probably why the playerbase is so entitled. They do poorly all game but the handholding perk comes in and gives them a few free kills. Likewise for moris. Suddenly people who aren’t very good at the game are still getting a few kills, so when they get their ass whooped they feel cheated.

If people had to git gud from day 1 the entitlement might disappear

• Rex_HoneycutRex_Honeycut Member Posts: 101

If you're going to judge and trash killers who use NOED all I ask is that you stay consistent and give that same treatment to survivors who use adrenaline. Literally the same perk on the other side except it can't be prevented from being activated like NOED.

• 53nation53nation Member Posts: 679

*loads killer* OK so which 3 perks should i choose to let 5 gens get powered hmm

• Yrakaz4Yrakaz4 Member Posts: 75

The difference is Adrenaline giving you THREE SECONDS vs. Unlimited time if the 5 totems aren't broken and 1 health state that is useless when I get instadowned by NOED no matter what state you're in

• SquirrelKnightSquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    edited April 2020

Pretty much, sadly sURvIvOrS will just scream bad killer.

Also glad to see Im not the ONLY person that thinks that its ok for killers to have perks that make survivors have to try

• anythingwilldoanythingwilldo Member Posts: 2

Maybe not disable, but if you’re skilled enough you could make them somewhat useless/counter them effectively:

Decisive Strike: wait 60 seconds/don’t tunnel. I can’t count the amount of times I low-key wanted to get tunnelled just so I could make use of this perk after my 2nd hook.

BT: either don’t camp/stay more than 32m away from the hook or insidious camp if you’re toxic

No Mither: don’t slug

Unbreakable: don’t slug

Dead Hard: just wait until they lunge and there you go

Spine Chill: moonwalk?

Head on: if you see them enter the locker bait them into coming out

that Yui Perk I’ll never ever use: just break pallets

I can keep going if you want.

• DankyDanky Member Posts: 216

everything killer does is wrong, nothing survivors do is wrong.

• DzeikorDzeikor Member Posts: 704

Say whatever you gonna say. DS,Unbreakable,Dead Hard,Borrowed Time is always an indicator that the survivor bad/low skill cap.

Always was.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Not quite the same. NOED activates even if the killer does trash. Adrenaline at least needs the survivors to be in a position where they get all 5 gens done.

However yeah Adrenaline is another awful perk that needs a nerf. I’d say its the opposite of NOED. Noed lets a losing killer have a few free hooks/kills. Adrenaline just boosts a team thats likely already winning and kicks a killer when he’s down.

• CasualConsolePlayerCasualConsolePlayer Member Posts: 51

So it's DS and unbreakable. Survs can have 10 second chance perks but killer can't have 1 which can be easily avoided

• PigMainBigBrainPigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,877

I don't run noED on a regular basis but I will say that the times I do run it are when I know survivors are going to be complacent and have tunnel vision on gens. Or if I feel like being an ass and doing a complacency check on survivors to see where they're at.

90% of the time they fail the check. And never do bones. The 10% that do actually pass the check....make me feel all silly. Like I look around, the gens are done, I've killed maybe 2 by this point or 1 considering they aren't playing like complacent idiots if they've managed to do bones by this point. I look up....noED doesn't even trigger. I am then standing there baffled and bewildered as to how I've been outplayed and outdone by such wise methods and altruism. It really is an amazing thing to see.....and everytime I see 3 to 4 survivors leave the match after successfully getting past my jigsaw traps, dying light and thano stacks, and noED.....I take a moment of silence....to commemorate survivors.....

Who actually have a brain....it really is a beautiful sight to behold...truly.

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

If the Killer that uses NoEd is bad for using it, then the Survivors who fall for it, time and time again, must be much worse than the killer.

• Steel_EyedSteel_Eyed Member Posts: 3,681

NOED is fine, but there are better perks that help to win all game long. I prefer Brutal Strength, Sloppy Butcher, or Corrupt Intervention over NOEd for example.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 6,967

*gets 4k with 2 gens left*

"Oh you're bad - you brought NOED"

*asks how NOED helped when 2 gens were left up*

"NOED is for baby killers."

*asks why I won with 3 perks*

"We just played bad."

-DBD Logic 101

• LALYTHIALALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

...I don't particularly disagree with either perspective and don't have an issue with NOED, but as a survivor main, I can tell you that it has a 'type' and that type is usually pretty bad at the game. I can almost always call when a killer has NOED - aside from general perk deduction through experiencing the Killer, their play style and in-game behavior is usually a dead giveaway.

Also, totems are a complicated subject in some matches. A lot of killers are of the "hard face camp" mindset these days. When it's a particularly spicy killer, like an insta-down killer, the only recourse survivors have is to try and use that person's life expectancy to their advantage by focusing on gens - because even with full focus it's unlikely to finish them all before the person dies. That leaves no time to hunt down five randomly placed totems. In a SWF this probably not a huge issue, as someone can run a totem-finding perk and sweep pretty quickly. In random matches it's hard to get teammates to do them even when there's balanced pressure and no camping.

So, again, I have no issue with NOED. I dont mind that its a surprise. I agree that it's counter is not difficult. But getting down totems is not always as easy as it seems.

• sairensairen Member Posts: 7

Theres no need to "git gud" break totems its easy as that but if you forget or your team doesn't help it's a heres atleast 1 free kill for the killer. Its the DS perk for killers except you can play against NOED alot easier than DS.

• LALYTHIALALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

NOED: Find 5 randomly placed totems around the entire map while doing generators/getting chased/off-hooking/healing/etc.

DS: Hit survivor 1 extra time; leave survivor alone for 60 seconds; slug them

I mean... 🤷

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

What do you mean “can’t have”? The perk exists and you’re free to use it, and the devs obviously have no plans to change it. Some people in this game will moan at you for using it, but there are people who will moan about almost every single perk.

• The_Bootie_GorgonThe_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

👉👉👉 per not_Queen

"As it was mentioned in the thread by different people, NOED isn't rewarding poor gameplay from Killers:

Killer has to play the trial with only 3 perks before the doors are activated.

The perk can be fully deactivated by survivors

If the killer has no luck in hooking many survivors before the doors are activated, then the survivors should have been able to cleanse totems without feeling pressure, thus, not giving the NOED edge to the killer. It's on them if it activates.

If survivors allow the killer to get a 4K with NOED in the end game, I would argue that survivors made mistakes during their end game plays or didn't prepare for the potential NOED activation.

Finally, if you don't want to play NOED, it's your prerogative. In my opinion, building a build that is strong in end game isn't rewarding failure, it is using perks for their intended purposes. The purpose of NOED is to give a killer a burst of strength in end game. Since it's effectively strong, survivors have the power to deactivate it, if they focus secondary objectives.

The killer players choosing to play NOED are banking on a burst of strength at the end for the downside of playing with 3 perks the rest of the game and having a chance to have their perk deactivated. It's a high risk, high reward scenario.

Do bones."

• xenofon13xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

"If the killer has no luck in hooking many survivors"

Funny line.

No luck or you're just bad.