Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Spirit kills without Mori?

tippy2k2tippy2k2 Member Posts: 2,990

So I just had a weird game and I'm not sure what the heck happened...

Everyone The Spirit hit always went down in one hit (they were AFK for the vast majority of the game so their first hit wasn't until there was just one generator left). The Spirit also killed someone without hooking them (so they got the SKULL as their icon instead of the Escape or Sacrificed icon)

The Spirit did not have NOED and did not have any Mori (in fact, didn't have an offering of any kind).

I'm honestly kind of baffled so I'm wondering if anyone knows what they did. In retrospect, I should have saved their Loadout so that you could see it but I read through every Perk they had and nothing I saw would have given them the ability to one-shot someone or murder them outright. Since I didn't actually see the hits, it's not impossible that The Spirit managed to interrupt the two survivors (thus making it look like one hit on my screen) but I have no idea how she flat out murdered one on the first down.

Anyone know what might have happened here?

Comments

• IvaldiIvaldi Member Posts: 977

Well it sounds like they had Rancor, which allows them to instantly kill the obsession once all gens were complete. As for the 1-hit downs, they must have had either haunted ground or noed.

• DeadByDedicatedDeadByDedicated Member Posts: 134

Rancor allows the killer to mori the obsession without hooking them. It also exposes the obsession at the end. Rancor is one of spirit’s perks.

• KeezoKeezo Member Posts: 449

This ^^^^^^^

• tippy2k2tippy2k2 Member Posts: 2,990

Ooooooooooooooooh

Yup, now that I Google Rancor, I recognize that as one of their perks. I guess I didn't read it close enough (and I don't have Spirit so I've never used it).

Thanks!