We have been made aware of two new exploits that could potentially be abused to ruin the enjoyment of others. While our team investigates and fixes these issues, we will be banning players who abuse the following (in accordance of our game rules, which can be found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/):
- 2+ killers in a match exploit: Abusing bugs to join a public match a second killer
- Legion mend time exploit: Abusing a bug with Filthy Blade and Nasty Blade add-ons to greatly extend mending time

If you witness a player abusing the Legion mend time exploit, please be sure to report them through the in-game report system. There is no need to report the 2+ killers in a match exploit. We have access to data that will allow us to find the players abusing the exploit.

ruin is to op

needreplayneedreplay Member Posts: 10

small game perk designed to "find ruin" but not so good at finding

survivor cant not holding anymore.

killer has no weakpoint now.

Comments

• SoylentPixieSoylentPixie Member Posts: 197
    edited September 2018

Ruin is dependent on either not being found (its pretty lit up like most active totems) or the killer camping it, which doesn't really help a killer that cant move fast enough between it and the gens.

It's annoying as heck sometimes but as the suggestions have told you so far, practice will improve your reaction time, as will finding and cleansing that pesky totem.

Huntresses lullaby with 5 tokens scares me more....

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,259

Why are you making several threads about the same "complaint"?

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 1,291
    You can either hit great slillchecks or cleanse the totem. Its not that hard.

It'll take some practice if you go with the former, but once you master it, you won't even notice Ruin anymore.

Good luck, man.
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@needreplay said:

Learn how to hit skillchecks

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 4,876
    Vietfox said:
    I love it when they pair it with thrill of the hunt, it's like a "summon the killer" button.
    Who dares to touch mah totems?!
    Tried playing all totem build on hag. The stress was killing me.
  • ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,607
    edited September 2018
    Vietfox said:
    I love it when they pair it with thrill of the hunt, it's like a "summon the killer" button.
    Ruin is pointless with ToTH, face survivors who can hit great skillchecks atleast somewhat consistantly and you are already 2 perks down.
  • VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,826
    Vietfox said:
    Ruin is pointless with ToTH, face survivors who can hit great skillchecks atleast somewhat consistantly and you are already 2 perks down.
    Last time i had to face a killer with those perks it was a leatherface and i kept tapping the hex to make him come over while others were doing gens.
    Tap - see LF coming - shack loop - gen done - LF leaves - repeat. Funny as hell.
  • HookedonDemandHookedonDemand Member Posts: 171

@Vietfox said:
    ChesterTheMolester said:

Vietfox said:

Last time i had to face a killer with those perks it was a leatherface and i kept tapping the hex to make him come over while others were doing gens.
    Tap - see LF coming - shack loop - gen done - LF leaves - repeat. Funny as hell.

Poor Leatherface, he just wants you to be his friend ! :(

Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    Why do such a thing to yourself? ;-;
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Vietfox said:

TOTH is pointless since SWF is a thing

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 2,288

IT GOT NERFED ON PTB. Are you happy?

• PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 3,152

@Milo said:

Not really a nerf per say, more of a bug.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 4,876
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    Bloodpoints. Tons of bloodpoints. Those builds give a lot of them. Since you engage in so many chases.
    Milo said:

Please tell me you're joking....

What happened to it?
  • PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 3,607
    Milo said:

What happened to it?
     It didnt get nerfed, it's a bug that doesn't regress the progress when you hit a good skillcheck. At least that's what I remember hearing 
  • CoolAKnCoolAKn Member Posts: 676

@Milo said:

I see no mention of Hex: Ruin in the patch notes for PTB.

Milo said:

What happened to it?
     It didnt get nerfed, it's a bug that doesn't regress the progress when you hit a good skillcheck. At least that's what I remember hearing 
    Thank the almighty Entity it's just a bug.
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    I mean I play freddy at rank 1 all the time. It's pretty relaxing cause you expect to lose 
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    I mean I play freddy at rank 1 all the time. It's pretty relaxing cause you expect to lose 
  • CallMeRusty420CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 553

@needreplay said:

That middle sentence you wrote. Have you ever written a sentence before?

• Confused_SenpaiConfused_Senpai Member Posts: 44

@needreplay said:

You don't really have to worry about Ruin when you Gen Tap which is what most of my friends and I do until we find ruin. Yes it's a little slower but you literally just hold the repair button until you see your character set into the repair animation about 3-4 seconds then let go and do it again, this avoids skill checks altogether and basically makes ruin and lullaby useless for the most part.

• PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 3,152
    edited September 2018

For all of the folks who get (Hex:) Ruined on Coldwind Farm let me share with you the potential totem spawns I know of (These are put in order to the frequency I've seen them)

1.) Inside of a Jungle Gym, specifically the small "nook" area that spawns usually behind a locker.
    2.) Between the haybales in the haybale loops.
    3.) At the base of the dead-cow tree.
    4.) In the corn fields.
    5.) In the nook between the harvester ramp and the harvester platform.
    6.) At the bottom of the killer shack's solid wall.

I'm tired of facing Ruin on every killer I go against at rank 9, let's nuke these totems!

• DepyDepy Member Posts: 23

honestly everytime i use ruin it gets found instantly, but when it doesnt i usually have a good game, its not overpowerd. its a god damn hex perk

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 6,955

@Depy said:
    honestly everytime i use ruin it gets found instantly, but when it doesnt i usually have a good game, its not overpowerd. its a god damn hex perk

I've just powered through it on large maps, especially if I kill 1-3 on my side and don't find it. It's especially amusing when I'm able to solo 3 gens (takes forever) on one side of map. But on the other side the killer is chasing 1 person and they can't find the hex Ruin nor get a single gen done .Then you finally either get all 5 gens done and they kill it but leave the Noed totem up.

• CornChipCornChip Member Posts: 383

I don't think ruin is OP.. just boring to play against as i see it so often.. They more you play as survivor the better you will get at skillchecks and remembering where the totems spawn