Home Discussions General Discussions

Examples of Toxic Players *Warning: Offensive Language*

Comments

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 2,006
    edited April 16

Dunno why you're giving these people the time of day. Report and move on without saying anything. By responding you're giving them exactly what they want, how hard is this to understand? A lot of people who play this game feel the need to respond to children like this when you shouldn't be.

Also just as a side note I've never seen anyone call Doctor a braindead killer lmao. A "brain-ache" killer maybe, that music and screaming can give you a migraine.

• luka2211luka2211 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited April 16

I had people say I should die of corona lmfao and similar. Got used to it like it's an everyday thing

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

@OP just report with screenshots, gg ez ban.

• DeshDesh Member Posts: 877

It's not the slurs or the insults that are a problem for me. Everyone who's played an online game has at some point gotten hate mail in their life, especially on COD with Xbox 360. It's the fact that they've been reported before for similar usage of those slurs and nothing seems to have come of it because they're still there doing the same crap. I didn't screenshot the part of that chat log, but one of them (paraphrasing), 'Go ahead and report, nothing will happen'. And though none of you said it but others have so I'll include it, I shouldn't have to mute/hide my endgame chat just because someone else wants to be as toxic as possible. I want to say gg to those who play well and meet new people who I can possibly play with later on whether as opponents or SWF's.

Already done my in-game report, I just simply submitted it through the forums too so they can actually see it.

• SandS_HeroSandS_Hero Member Posts: 26

So glad ps4 doesn't have endgame chat if people what to be toxic to me it requires more effort.

• BigTimeGamerBigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,745

Just report and move on

personally I don’t care to report people, too lazy and I’m used to gamer words from other games but you do you

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,332

I must admit I'm confused as to why I was tagged here, I didn't say or imply anything to do with what you were saying. Someone else provided you with the Support link to submit a ticket, and I was just letting you know that in this case, reporting via ticket isn't necessary as it is with other reportable offences.

• MPUKMPUK Member Posts: 357

This isn't quite the same but I played against a Wraith maybe 6 months ago who was clearly cheating at the game. Every time he came anywhere near, you would freeze and the game would only resume when you were down. It got to post game chat, 4kills of course and we commented on him cheating. He laughed and said "Use the in-game reporting, it doesn't do anything. I have been doing this for months and I have all the skins unlocked(hacked)". We didn't do the in-game reporting, we sent a ticket through the website. Checked his profile a few weeks later and he received a ban. The ticket system seems to work better than in-game reporting. It is just a lot more effort to do.

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 1,150
    edited April 16

why though? The intention of both is the same, they just different means to that end.

Edit: to clarify: i dont think they are on the same level or anything. I just think even "mild" insults should be punished, because the intention still is to insult.

• OicimauOicimau Member Posts: 897
    edited April 16

There is direct offense and harressment. Direct offenses are easy to report, cause they use to have bad words and such. Harressment comes with "gg ez" or other and goes on with deeper implications to your capacity, aiming to make you feel trash. Both are reportable in PS4 as harressment, and the second one requires a little explanation in observation field to explain why is that a bully attempt.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 3,657

I 100% know that you guys were, at one point,fantastic at dealing with stuff like this based on my own previous experiences.

However, after someone said they were going to call my local authorities (name dropping my living area) to falsely tell them that I was going to self-terminate, reported it (I also posted a thread here with the video, was jailed - I knew I would be...still have the video, initially had the report disregarded [got the email on xmas eve - 10/10] despite the video, re-filed/received an e-mail that it was being looked into), and later ran into the same person being just as trashy - I lost all faith in the moderation....or moderation team, I guess.

• Thiccness123Thiccness123 Member Posts: 10

That's part of the problem, be more supportive dude, I have a rule of if I have a bad game I just re q and move on but for some people it has a really negative impact on their day or mental health.

I certainly hope the people in the above screenshot a do have some punishment because it's almost rediculous they can spout words like that without A having some action taken place seriously dude I would open a ticket with support and get these cretins taken off the game and B anyone who can roll words like that off their tongue with no remorse and sleeps at night doesn't deserve a damn thing.

Enjoy the game OP remember the avg is 2 kills per game at red ranks and my rule is don't read the chat and re q. Be safe

• OrionbashOrionbash Member Posts: 510

It's true. I had a group of survivors once stall the game for like 25 minutes (Refusing to do gens, in Hawkins of all places) and I reported it with post-game chat where they not only admitted to it, but used homophobic and racial slurs against me. I reported it in-game and did the post game report as well and even though I had picture proof of them admitting to doing it, they still demanded to see a video of me wandering around Hawkins patrolling gens/seeking out survivors for nearly 25 minutes before they would even do anything. It's crazy.

• MechanicalWolfMechanicalWolf Member Posts: 44

I hate it when my fellow survivors just trash talk the killer in the endgame chat. It just makes me feel so bad and I end up defending the killer from toxic comments.

• DeadbylagDeadbylag Member Posts: 23

That's the problem with the game and the comunmity. Two sides differents playing the same game and in a continue battle, been toxic, playing dirty.... Lot of survivors rushing, forget the mates, and tbagging and insulting the killers. Killers camping, tunneling tbagging and saying "no" with the face and don't let them play. If the don't fix the genrush, if they don't fix the camp(No, forget about your mate and repair is no an option cause is a team) Is easy to fix that, but it seems devs don't want hear it. People be rude at the game is like all onlines games for sad. Enjoy the game, I'm thinking in unistall it cause this situation it get it worst day by day.

Xbox player

• GraveHunterGraveHunter Member Posts: 226
    edited April 16

I wish they made filing a report way more easier than all the stuff you need to write down. Especially your cloud ID is trash to type from ingame to the form. You can't copy/paste that. I just give up on reporting people or providing more evidence from screenshots because it takes way too much time to make a report on that site.

You never hear anything from it as well if they took action or not. It would be nice if they at least give you a heads up what they did after being told to die from corona and my whole family too or to kill myself in real life when I killed someone in this game. That stuff is just not okay.

EDIT: Why do we even need to submit a ticket for ingame chat? They can see that from the log, I think?

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,510

Which comes down to a point of stopping undeserved witch hunting on the forums. It's a forums rule to not incite random aggression.

Its not a BHVR imposed gameplay rule. It's a forum rule. If you dont want to follow it on the forums, expect to have trouble for breaking forum rules.

And besides that, who tf NEEDS to see the names other than those looking into the report? Nobody. All it would serve as, is a way for hundreds of people to just message and harass them, solving nothing.

But yeah, let's [BAD WORD] on the devs/forums for a rule that makes sense in almost every situation imaginable.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,510

Which is all fair and true, but people these days DO need thicker skin. Its words on a game from someone you'll never meet. Who [BAD WORD] cares what they say. Ignore it and move on.

Are these people aasholes? Yeah.

Is it reportable/bannable? Absolutely.

Should you let it bother you on a personal level? [BAD WORD] no.

Reading his Discussion/Comment history would probably nuke your soul, haha

• xChrisxxChrisx Member Posts: 917

Hide the chat and ignore these kids

• ChiTenshiChiTenshi Member Posts: 738

It’s good to know the ACM team are looking into cases like these. But wouldn’t it be easier to add a filter/flag system to the chats so that when certain words are said, they are either censored or the player is flagged?

• BlueFirebillyBlueFirebilly Member Posts: 257

Just ignore these people, I hope they get justice because the foul language they used is unacceptable but don’t give these ruthless twats the satisfaction they want

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,851

I know this too well, I meet often survivors that like to insult me about my country (Germany) for some reason xD

• DeshDesh Member Posts: 877

One time I recall after getting a 4k about how pathetic I was. They asked me how I was, being a non-essential person working at home while they were essential. Working in "Cyber Security" they bragged while I'm just a bad, sweaty pos. Also told me that they hoped my family and I catch Corona and die. Some are funny, some are just sad.

• EmpireWinnerEmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

Hide chat.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,851

Yes, I even have a quote on my profile that says: "Stop beeing a idiot that takes everything too serious.". Cuz srsly... many ppl just need to calm down.

The forum seems to be rife with people like that, lately - It's unfortunate.