Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

Would an M1, 110%, perma-instadown killer be OP, UP, or just right?

2»

Comments

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 1,031

I play almost exclusively killer for over 2 years and I agree with them. Against an experienced swf group that is communicating, using an OoO, and gen rushinh, this killer would be virtually helpless unless the survivors made a huge mistake.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 5,344

well, whatever it'd be i am sure it wouldnt see a lot of play.

the whole concept sounds very boring to play / play against thb.

they would probaply end up slaugthering bad players and get slaugthered by good players. cause 110%s get looped VERY easily without their power.

• NamelessNameless Member Posts: 462

In all honesty... would it be op though? No one cleansed against Plague which means you were insta down and it’s not like you couldn’t stealth either. Personally I don’t recall it being too hard when I faced her and it’s not like people complained a lot about her even though she was 115%.

It’s an incredibly plain power though...

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,173

So your defense is that YouTubers (people who play this game for a living) can pull this off with somewhat consistency thus its powerful? What about the thousands of people who can't or the matches they don't get the 4k? If the argument is "they can do it" then by that logic a killer standing still pretending to go AFK can also get free hits...

This seems like cherry picking.

Nurse moves slower than survivor base speed thus a non-potato survivor can run away from her indefinitely.

At bloodlust 1 she moves the same speed as a survivor meaning you can still get away easily if you don't cut corners at a worst angle than Nurse.

At bloodlust 2 nurse can finally gain distance on you, however the distance will be lost with the use of a single pallet toss. If the Nurse breaks that pallets she loses all bloodlust.

Anyway this thread isn't about Nurse but about the idea OP had regarding a killer with the specified abilities listed. My answer to that is, no they wouldn't be OP but they would be boring as hell and not an improvement to the game on either side.

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,306

115% MS would be pretty balanced imo. Basically infinite Tier 3 Meyers but slightly worse at loops.

• WeenieDogWeenieDog Member Posts: 349

I feel like it would be a nightmare to play and play against.

I'd expect with that power, they'd have some serious limitations. So it's like, your either tortured by your leash as killer or your left depressed with "I guess I'll just die" moments as survivor.

• ShocktoberShocktober Member Posts: 678

And guess what? The overwhelming majority of games are not sweaty object SWFs. They are potato solo Q players, who get 2 tapped by the demogorgon even at purple / red ranks.

It would be OP as hell, especially with the incoming map nerfs.

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member Posts: 1,031

A game should be balanced toward the top level of play without sacrificing the bottom. We already have Plague who is STRONGER than this hypothetical killer would be and she is fine. Even considered a litte underpowered.

Plague needs a few minutes to build up to it, similar to perma tier 3 myers. I think nobody plays plague because her character design is pretty boring, as well as her gameplay. Not because she isn't strong.

I dread seeing a plague at high ranks because it means unless your team are all looping gods it's going to be a really annoying match. Or you get her on like Hawkins or something and now you are a 1 shot all game and every pallet is unsafe. Still better than having to go against Billy, Freddy, or Spirit for the 10th time in a row though.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 2,473

115ms is worth the build up tbh, Legion is in the same boat as survivors generally don't heal against them

So we have 2 killers that are bassicly insta downs with 115ms and they are both conciddert mediocre to bad

The hypothetical 110 ms oneshotter stands no chance against experienced survivors imo

This hypothetical one shotter must not know about using chase perks, mindgames, doesn't know how to run tiles correctly, and just tunnels 1 person for 5 gens through god windows. Anyone who thinks a killer who gets free damage is bad is only comparing him against the best of the best red rank SWFs all running 4x second chance perks. Nobody stops to think how it will play out in your ordinary game, because you don't remember those games. Only the ones where you got stomped on by a SWF.

But honestly this one shotter is already in the game, and his name is Billy. And he comes with insane map pressure and 115 as well.

• ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 268

@BigBrainMegMain

Unless a survivor royally messes up, a killer rarely gets a "free hit". All 110% movement speed killers have something to assist them to down survivors easier and with the majority of them it can be used as a mind game, this is most noticed on Spirit and Deathslinger. The only reason why Deathslinger can get so many M1's is the fear that they'll get speared. I've noticed they're just swerving or randomly turning left or right to try to predict when he's gonna shoot which ultimately makes them lose distance thus lending him a free hit. Would a 110% with insta down be overpowered? No, they would be effective against newer players but very ineffective against experienced. If you're thinking of a 4 man team with actual experience (not somebody with 50 hours and who magically climbed up to rank 1). They would consistently stomp a killer like this. Some loops are almost infinites for 110% and some are actual infinites as they're not fast enough to get bloodlust.

Would it be the weakest? No. Would it be the strongest? No.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 2,473

The OP did ask where the HoS (hypthetical one shotter) would fit in a tierlist so it's only fair to assume opposing survivors have atleast some clue what they are doing

Once again the closest thing that resembles this is Plague and Legion where the survivors stay injured all game

And they are 115ms killers that have stall/ a strong ranged attack for atleast a minute and are ussualy conciddert mediocre for most people. Even with proper mind games chase perks and running tiles correctly.

Note i'm not saying it's impossible to win with the HoS. Just that if you won with him you probably could have done the same if not better with the above mentioned killers. which once again are not concidert the best

• GHOSTfaceP3GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,167

People comparing him with plague forget that you can still use dead hard so i think the killer would be a little stronger

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,823

That would be the lamest killer in history. I would also say it's overpowered.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 2,474

OP vs 90% of the survivor population, UP against the other 10%.

• The_TrapperThe_Trapper Member Posts: 186

110% killers usually don’t chase survivors the same as others. You can loop 4 or 5 more times around certain places because of this speed.

But if you use PWYF and get that extra movement speed your basically have a permanent tier 3 miers whose even more powerful.

• ZaKzanZaKzan Member Posts: 479

Pyramid head, 110%, every 20 seconds he can swing with an insta down or take out a pallet, reduced recovery from hit or no recovery time at all, otherwise no way to hit survivors. With M2 he can completely and instantly remove his terror radius for 5 seconds, 40 second cooldown.

• GrannyonAcidGrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

I hate instant down killers. I think they take away the main element of the game. Not saying that they're broken, because most of them have weaknesses. But DBD is pretty much like a game of tag. And when you take away chases from the game it's just kinda not the same game.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 3,316

It's definitely an interesting thought. But I think it would be likely to be overpowered. If we assume a 24m TR M&A knocks it down to 16. Which is really tiny. Then I'd personally run Brutal, Enduring, Spirit Fury. Depending on the map, you get easy hits because they were out of position. Or you shred through pallets like they're nothing.

As a side question. What the killer addons do? At this point there power is always active. So addons would have no use.

While interesting, I'd say it's probably a really bad idea.

• Stitch7833Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

OP, stick on monitor and you will be hitting so many people with free hits and with those being insta downs then thats huge. stick on thana, people wont wanna heal because of the insta downs which means slower gens too and if they do heal they just wasted time healing and you just instant down them anyway. be a boring killer but would be insanely strong