Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

Spirit rework

2»

Comments

• ElkElk Member Posts: 2,253

Sorry but I'm gonna have to disagree. She is very fun and needs no changes.

• a_good_playera_good_player Member Posts: 186

I knew there was some... Let's say not-so-smart person that would change the topic of the discussion saying "if they nerf [killer thing] then they have to nerf [survivor thing]"

• UseTheValveUseTheValve Member Posts: 225

Well the spirit is now my favorite killer and I'm a survivor main...She does require you to adapt to her playstyle kinda like nurse but her skillgap is nowhere near as hard as The Nurse. But just like Nurse in skilled hand she a force to reckon with.

Plus spooky Japanese school, come on guys, she's [BAD WORD] scary.

• matchmakingworksfinematchmakingworksfine Member Posts: 240

I would say what I truly want to say to you but I dont wanna get another warning from mandy even though he's a pretty cool guy but have you ever heard "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" if you are a person who has an IQ above room temperature(doubt it) You would know that to balance the game. A huge nerf to killer would only warrant a nerf of equal balance to survivor. It's literally how balance works. That's why everyone is always warranting an equal nerf to survivor. The last time they nerfed killers without making an equal one to survivors the ps4 matchmaking times went kerplunk

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 1,480

To you she might be ranked as the most unfun to play against, but i hope for her almost every survivor game.

There IS more than just guessing, sound makes it easier for her but its up to you to not stay at loops when she phases, or up to you to see the cues she is phasing and using your brain figure out if you need to silently vault something, walk away, even run in circles if you have few options, it very well can throw them off and buy you more time.

Its different facing her than most killers and people arent used to it. I guess what helps me against her is i mained the hell outta her when she released and i just usually think "what would i do?" when im against a spirit.

You need to pay attention to when she phases and change gameplan when she does, be an unpredictable as possible.

Again, sounds make it easier and i would say that bringing back the volume of the phase she would hear from her PTB can help reduce easier tracking through sounds.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,028
    edited April 18

Because Iron Will is such a low tier perk that has absolutely no value against any other killer. /s

If you don't camp the pallet then it's not unsafe.

Also for anyone wanting to say the stand still trick isn't intended or some BS, the game LITERALLY tells you to do this...

• Hag.is.DtierHag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,397

The one change that makes her more fun for both side, I presume you got this idea from Otz:

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 5,378

As someone who uses iron will religiously, I'm aware of the value it has. Unfortunately when playing solo you need a lot of your perk slots to have a fun match (not to stand a chance, to have fun). DS to save you from tunneling as there's no team to communicate to, kindred so people can actually coordinate, usually then an exhaustion perk and one other perk of your choice. To counter spirit you'd need to put on iron will and probably spine chill, iron will then being countered by stridor too making the perk a lot more useless than it usually is.

I admit you don't need any perks to escape as survivor, but to have fun is a different story. You shouldn't need to run a perk to counter a style of play. This goes for killers and for survivors, and shows the issues with the game.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,028
    edited April 18

I run Calm Spirit because I hate Doctor. I run Spine Chill to counter stealth killers. I run Iron Will to help in chases and maintain stealth (and it helps a lot against Spirits which is a big plus). I'll run BT if I get a lot of campy killers. I'll run DS if I get a lot of tunneling killers. I'll bring a key or run Plunderer's if I get a lot of mori's. I'll bring a medkit and/or healing perks to counter anti-heal builds.

Likewise I run perks on killers to counter specific survivor tactics. I use Sheep Block on Freddy SPECIFICALLY to counter OOO, because OOO is devastating against Freddy. I run Whispers on Huntress to counter Urban and stealth perks. I run Stridor on Spirit to counter Iron Will (which BTW isn't even a hard counter, it's a soft counter, since the survivor is still quieter than normal, it just makes it so they can't hide right next to you when injured). I run Brutal on Clown (I rarely play him but still) to counter the very common tactic of dropping pallets early. I run Shadowborn on Nurse and Legion to help with fatigue. I run Thana on Plague to counter survivors that don't cleanse. I run Sloppy on Oni to counter survivor heal builds.

I have absolutely no problem with any of this. Running a perk to counter something is 100% fine. Playing to your opponent's weaknesses has always been a thing, in any game ever.

Also perks are not going to help you have a fun match. If a killer tunnels and you have DS, they are still going to tunnel only more now that you used your DS. Whether you have the perk or not won't change that honestly. I've seen plenty of killers just continue right on tunneling through DS. If you don't want to run a perk then don't, but you're fooling yourself if you think using a perk to counter something will result in more fun.

I agree, exposure is a major part of it. I feel like if more PC players would come on over to Xbox they would actually learn how to play against Spirit because she is super common at high ranks. Well, she was, I've seen way less of her over the past months (probably because of the nerf to Prayer Beads and the ongoing audio bugs).

But as a Spirit main on Xbox I swear I encounter a TON of survivors that know how to play against her at high ranks. Majority are still full potatoes, but there is a hefty amount of survivors that know what to do against her. Probably more than PC or PS, and it comes down to exposure. You had to learn how to counter play her if you wanted to escape (though were a lot that just DC when they see Spirit).

• Kumnut768Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

she can hear breathing, moans,grass moving,scratch marks and footsteps that is literally all you need too determine where a survivor is too get a free hit and everyone that says run iron will most spirits use stridor anyway to counter it an iron will dont stop your scratch marks, your actual breathing when in healthy state or footsteps or grass so that just dont work

• Kumnut768Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

you shouldnt have to dedicate perks to counter one specific killer

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,127

I disagree with the post op made but iron will doesn’t actually completely counter her, I’ve actually been able to hit people out of phase still despite them having it. Survivors still move grass and their footsteps still make noise, plus, if you just stop running then I’ll plainly see that your scratch marks are gone and since you’re walking, you won’t be far from where you stopped running so I would usually be able to hit you.

• NursesBootieNursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

You got the time to wait 60 seconds in front of a locker? You must play in yellow ranks!

• GhostwithafaceGhostwithaface Member Posts: 594

Yeah Spine chill [one of the perks you listed], is useful against more than just spirit. Ghostface, Wratih. Myers. Anyone who can be sneaky, it can be a really useful benefit against and stop them from sneaking up on you. Heck it can really be useful against any killer, when in a chase, due to faster vaulting speed. Can give you information, if you should stay on a gen or get out of dodge. A survivor who runs spine chill, will get some benefit out of it. No matter who the killer is. Anyone who says it only useful against spirit, i don't think has run spine chill or understand just how good it can be. The other perks, iron will and dead hard, i think speak for themselves.

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 2,347

Ever since I started running Iron Will, Spirit's have trouble finding me. I like to mindgame my scratchmarks as well, makes it a whole lot easier!

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,127

Most spirits in my experience aren’t very good but trust me, you will find one that can counter iron will, problem is that it is one of the hardest parts of spirit (excluding stridor).

• BigTimeGamerBigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

people don’t wanna admit standing still isn’t a mind game lol

saying take iron will isn’t a counter since YOU CANT SEE WHAT THE KILLER IS

the people on this site give me headaches with what they say