Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Most Boring Killer to Play As?

cipherbay_cipherbay_ Member Posts: 342

What do you guys think?

IMO The Nurse has been pretty boring to play as, not because im terrible but because i feel like i have to sweat to be decent. I just dont have fun whenever i pick her up.

Comments

• CheersTCCheersTC Member Posts: 3,094

To me it has to be Freddy. I just don't find it interesting in the chase at all while using his power, and to me he requires very little effort.

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 4,352

Propably trapper, nurse at least have an unique playstyle. Trapper must go all the way to take a trap and place them in the best spots to prevent a long loops to be abused. And this is honestly boring and time consuming and also can be easily countered by SWF

• RaulilloRaulillo Member Posts: 157

I would say nurse too. The most fun thing about a killer is his power, I love to use the power of killers as much as possible... but nurse is like a cooldown simulator, all the time looking at the ground. When you try to pass through specific structures and you can't because a random reason that is not explained anywhere. It just feels slow besides being a high mobility killer.

I think there is a point in the learning curve when she becomes super fun, but at least when you aren't good enough with her is just meh

• inferjusinferjus Member Posts: 479

For me it is Freddy. His debuff for survivor activates autimatically or with M1 attack (boring!), he places traps that slow down survivor (boring!) and he can teleport straight to the generator (boring!). Clown needs to throw his bottle, Trapper can catch survivors with his traps for the price of spending time on putting them and Nurse can control where she blinks. Freddy is like braindead version of those killers.

• AcculllaAccullla Member Posts: 873

Plague hands down.

• cipherbay_cipherbay_ Member Posts: 342
    edited April 22

Im sure you're smart enough to deduce what i mean by "Boring" seeing as every killer engages chases in their own way. Our definitions also part to different paths since i see boring as "Not Interesting" or "Monotonous".

• SchmierbachSchmierbach Member Posts: 327

Hillbilly, simply because anytime I play him the match ends in 2 minutes because most teams snowball into a 4k.

• NursesBootieNursesBootie Member Posts: 1,262

Freddy imo. I usually 4k with him, but it's so boring for me. I like playing called "concentration window" - killers. That means killers that require you to concentrate alot during a short period of time and that multiple times in a row. Examples are Huntress, Nurse, and Deathslinger.

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Still you describe it yourself as:

"not because im terrible but because i feel like i have to sweat to be decent. I just dont have fun whenever i pick her up."

You have to sweat to be decent, you have to work hard for that, how can you ever describe that as monotonous or not interesting, dont we play games for the challenge? would those words not better be suited to a killer that requires nothing of you?

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 2,491

^ Yep. Instant downs are generally pretty boring. Devour Hope is the exception to me.

Probably Hag too, or at least how too many people play her. Nurse is a point and click adventure.

I think that I'm going to have to go with Bubba though, since being able to sprint around the map with Hillbilly can still be pretty fun, seeing if you can weave in between obstacles and getting the best accidental snipes. Bubba is just find survivor, chainsaw survivor, hook survivor, probably camp.

• RaulilloRaulillo Member Posts: 157

You have to sweat to be decent, you have to work hard for that, how can you ever describe that as monotonous or not interesting, dont we play games for the challenge?

Are you saying that something if it is hard to achieve has to be interesting?

Challenges can be pretty boring depending on who is playing and the type of challenge facing. You can have fun and don't get bored without playing something competitive. There are a lot of people that play meme games because are fun and break the monotone that a long dbd session have.

I think both of you have the same definition of boring, just different opinions in what could be boring for you in particular.

• Hag.is.DtierHag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,392

Freddy, easy and braindead gameplay.

• EmpireWinnerEmpireWinner Member Posts: 617

Freddy

• Iudex_NemesisIudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 69

Hillbilly/Leatherface.

Boring to look at. Boring to play.

I used splinters to play as Leatherface and yeah...saved myself some cash. Got his perks from the shrine and never went back.

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,342

Freddy is very dull, although pallet Freddy has a fun factor in him. But never with a forever build, bleah.

Hag is straight-up horrible.

Campslinger had some appeal for me initially, especially because I come from FPS games. However, once you realize you just need to spam m2 to zone the survivor, make them lose distance and bait them all-around, it becomes too much single-player and boring.

From a former Billy main, I understand what you mean. Infectious Freight and Bamboozle are real powerhouses on him and that's without even taking into account add-ons. However, addonless and using other perks he's very fun, imo.

• arslaNarslaN Member Posts: 1,868

Probably Freddy and Nurse.

Freddy is way too easy to play as, very little skill required.

Nurse is very buggy overall because of dedicated servers and you still get stuck on random things while blinking on some maps.

• inferjusinferjus Member Posts: 479

I just find him boring both to play as and to play against. And do not try to push your 'survivor bad killer good' agenda into me.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 2,120

Legion. Tap M2 and hold W for the hit, occasionally tapping space to vault.

second place would be Hillbilly

Well i dont expect you to run a killer for 5 gens either lol Its not a 1v1 game 😉

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 2,988

Freddy. Minimum skill required with maximum results achieved.

• KonKon Member Posts: 76

shouldve done a poll, my pick is trapper

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 843

Wraith

Thats funny because i find Legion the most fun to play, (next to Ghostface) because i can vault and chain hits.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 1,098

Spirit, hag or Freddy. Honestly I wanna put all three in the number one spot so I'm going to do that. Hag is straight up boring In terms of playstyle and it's just not for me. I'm bad with hag but I can see how one could be good with her, I personally don't like it. She doesn't come close to spirit or Freddy though. Complete one trick ponies, their powers have no interesting tech or mechanics, you play the same way everytime because their powers are so shallow and require no thought to use. They're so simple that they're just not fun, there's nothing exciting or fun about them at all.

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 2,346

Nurse, Nurse, and Nurse.

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 1,147

Clown. I'd probably say Freddy as well but Freddy is strong at least.

Clown isn't rewarding, throwing down pallets early makes it like nothing happened, he still chases you for a long time.

He has no map pressure.

There is nothing satisfying in using his power and he gets destroyed by good Survivors, even Solo's.

I used and tried many different builds and none of them seem to work.

Even Leatherface has some satisfaction going for him when using his power.

• goatslingergoatslinger Member Posts: 222

Probably Freddy. He requires zero skill and is so strong it's not even fun. If I have a couple bad games I just switch to freddy for some easy 4ks to get my groove back.

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 731

Why hasn't anybody mentioned Clown yet?

For me it's Clown,Freddy,Legion,Plague,Pig,Leatherface.So pretty much most killers because there is nothing really fun/interesting and skillfull thing you can do with those killers.

A fun killer needs a power that is satisfying,if used correctly.