Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Why are survivor queues so bad?

2»

Comments

• UseTheValveUseTheValve Member Posts: 112

Probably true there but I also think once the MMR is in and with the future map change that's coming it might help boost killer population. Some of these map are bonkers 😂.

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 6,652

Killers don't have unique matchmaking rules...it'd make sense that matchmaking is the culprit if the victim has the more complex matchmaking mechanics.

Besides, matchmaking isn't the only thing affecting queue times. I also agree that the ranking system and regional disparity can play a huge role. Just not as big a role as matchmaking does.

• SpacingLlamasSpacingLlamas Member Posts: 553

What do you mean killers dont have unique matchmaking rules?

• CosmicParagonCosmicParagon Member Posts: 702

All the good Killers left

2/6 isn't 25%. I like your idea that survivors have shorter matches than killers, which could definitely be a big factor. As usual, I highly doubt there are more than 4x as many survivors queuing up as killers. Being able to play as a horror icon is a major draw for this game.

• RaulilloRaulillo Member Posts: 157

25% increased. If you have 4 players ready and you need another one 1/4= 0.25 That's what I mean. It was bad explanation. It's more visual with 1/5 increased. My bad.

• GrannyonAcidGrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

Think a lot of killers have just moved on. When I play killer and check profiles which I do often, I see survivors that have 3k-5k hours all the time. When I check killer profiles at the end of the game. On average these killers have 400-800 hours played. I can't remember the last time I've faced a killer that had 2k+ hours. Which it used to be pretty darn common. Could be that I just never get matched up with them. But I have a sneaky suspicion that there is a large portion of the killer base that either switched sides or moved on.

• theArashitheArashi Member Posts: 903

Not enough killers on your rank.

I have identical problem in red rank as survivor. I usually have to wait between 10 and 20 minutes for a game.

Killer however is instant for me.

• MPGamer18MPGamer18 Member Posts: 84

It literally depends on platform, region, day and time of day. I played yesterday (solo) on PC was getting into matches within 15 seconds. I was rank 15 and finished at rank 10 without any delay throughout. It was always fast.

I switched over to PS4 later in the afternoon and played with friends in various states at rank 1 and it was taking up to 10 minutes and we played until 11pm PST. I'm in N.A. and console matchmaking has been really bad and has been bad since dedicated servers were implemented even at higher ranks where that was never a problem.

When they temporarily disabled Xbox servers and it was PVP again, it was quick as well. When they went back to dedicated, the wait times returned.

Personally, I think dedicated servers are killing the game on console and I would rather have laggy matches every now and then, versus the 10 minute plus wait times. Since PC is not as bad, I don't see this being too much a problem, but console players will not support or play this game if it continues to take forever to play.

• illusionillusion Member Posts: 533

You should. Everyone should, at least part of the time. The more people that we have that play both side, the more balanced discussions will become.

• 53nation53nation Member Posts: 384

Count me in for making it worse on ps4 tonight! If you're NA green ranks, try nurse tonight. You'll get better. Don't give up.

• AcculllaAccullla Member Posts: 871

If they had 2 bloody pink keys, they most likely weren't queuing up together (i.e. swf). I wouldn't be surprised that most matches where you thought you were going against 3-4 man squads, you were actually playing against randoms who maybe just played better.. and the team that you destroyed was actually in an swf lobby

• SaltedSnowSaltedSnow Member Posts: 185

I checked their steam profiles after the game, full 4man. One key was a free-escape key and one was a 'killer aura xd' key.

Annoying game to say the least.

• AcculllaAccullla Member Posts: 871

I didn't realise you actually checked. I retract my comment.

Feels bad man, that's as sweaty as it gets. I bet no one in that match got over 20k points - in my experience that's what happens when either side sweats too much

• IvaldiIvaldi Member Posts: 439

Survivor queues have been pretty bad on PC the last few days.. Was waiting 15-20 minutes for matches today at Red Ranks. Killer queues were instant though.

• SaltedSnowSaltedSnow Member Posts: 185

That game did suck, but I was playing plague for the purpose of getting BP without actually ranking up so at least I didn't lose out much. I just wish those ez-escape-keys were easier to spot, they take all the fun out of games; I could set up a great 3-gen and play to my strengths but if they have a key I guess I'm just [BAD WORD], yknow? Doesn't matter that they got themselves into a losing situation, they have a get-out-of-jail-free item.

• FeleasFeleas Member Posts: 85

Not enough Killers playing. I had to retire from being a Killer main myself because my heart pressure would rise too much when playing Killer. It's just not fun and I'd rather not suffer a heart attack please and thank you.

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 843

Mainly because playing killer lately is like having your teeth pulled without anesthetic.

• DwightOPDwightOP Member Posts: 2,300

Pip is definetly not the main reason lol, imagine some cares about pips. What is this useless mechanic doing? Exactly, nothing.

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 3,998

On Xbox I waited 15 minutes for a survivor game until I decided to switch to killer, found a game instantly.

Seems normal to me.

• ZFennecFoxZFennecFox Member Posts: 350

I play on Ps4 and I only have a 2 hour window to play survivor before the ques start reaching past the 10 minute mark. Playing Killer is more of a stress builder than anything in this game so much so that I stopped blaming Killers who Tunneled and Camped. Toxic little balls of sunshine and their overlords who nerf everything Killers do.