Home Discussions General Discussions

Fixing maps isn't enough to fix or save this game

VetratheneVetrathene Member Posts: 814

Killers are still underpowered, thier perks are underpowered, especially counting survivor perks, SWF is a problem, and will always be one and is the main reason this game continues to suck. Voice chat ruins this game, and can't be fixed now because the devs caved to a bunch of whiners. I don't care if they are a minority, I don't care if its usually only 2 people playing together. When you get those 4 mans, it just ruins your whole day as killer. And I can't handle it. [BAD WORD] your game.

Comments

• KakateveKakateve Member Posts: 287

There isn’t much 4 man SWF groups. And not all of them are close to being any good regardless of rank. (since matchmaking is [BAD WORD] an ranks mean nothing but playtime). Maybe you lost to 4 good solos playing similar to SWF using only the information available to them, while you stomped actuall 4man SFW twice before that.

This picture perfectly represents survivors crying for NoED nerfs.

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 938

The map changes are a step forward, i do agree swf will always be a problem with the power gap between them and solos unless the devs actually close the gap and balance around it.

They are doing alright with balance one step at a time moris, keys, swf, and more maps need to be looked at but you can't knock them for not trying in that regard. I get the frustration when you do deal with 3 or 4 man swf decent survivors cause they aren't any better than the solid solos but they have information that solos just don't have without perks and that get really annoying to deal with when they all stack the meta perks. Hopefully the devs look at swf at some point where it's not like a different game when you play against them.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 1,205

Base gen speed isnt nerfed, but anything boost the gen are nerfed (toolbox or many Survivors on the same gen)

With smaller map and infinity windows removed

Those are great buff for Killers. Im sure the game is in good spot once its updated.

• ViceusViceus Member Posts: 145

nope it's also buff survivor with smaller maps... survivors also gain for clear-ing hex ruin very easily.... killer already frustrated when ruin reworked and other hex very easy to destroy... now smaller map ? dunno how sad totem killer gamer then...

• xenofon13xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,062
    edited April 24

not only ruin... another hex also easier for sure... devour hope, huntress lullaby....

like I said before up there this update also buff survivor... for clear-ing hex totem ( because smaller ) ....

maybe ruin is small matter to you.. but for some people which have ruin or another hex build maybe it's huge things....

I think this update benefit both....

• IvaldiIvaldi Member Posts: 592

If you have to rely on Hex perks to win as a Killer, then you're doing it wrong. I main Wraith and Myers and have no problem winning; recently I've picked up Freddy and my play has only become even more dominant. 4K'ing with minimal gen pressure; most of the matches only result in 1 gen being completed. I dont use ruin, I dont use Noed, I don't use BBQ and I don't use Mori's.

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

@OP, first I did not read your post nor anything posted so far but I just want to say that maybe you are right, maybe it wont fix everything, but this is where the devs are smart, they dont do everything right away.

If you throw everything out right away you introduce way too many variables, its hard to then check what some changes have done.

This is why im so annoyed by threads that immediatly say "well if you nerf ruin, also nerf X"... like...give it some time? actually try it out? see how it works?

If its not good enough then its not good enough and more changes will come but lets do it step by step.

edited April 24

I don't rely on hex perk. Sometimes I play without it at red rank. But like I state above not all is about killer this update. This update also benefit survivor with smaller maps. Like the example hex is more easier to destroy ( because of smaller maps ) . Didn't this benefit to survivor ??????????

@Ivaldi

Maybe u don't read that thread from start or maybe u Blind ...

• ZaKzanZaKzan Member Posts: 468

considering this game hovers around 30k players on average, you're getting hundreds of thousands of games per week. There is absolutely zero reason to wait so long for changes when large amounts of data can be so easily obtained.

The devs aren't smart in this regard because they leave glaring problems in their game for such a long time that it's doing damage to their game and playerbase.

Also not to mention they almost completely ignore player feedback and there are very serious bugs in this game that have been in this game for years now that they seem to not have any intention of fixing any time soon.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Just do what everyone else does. Dodge 3-4 man swf lobbies and bring Billy/Freddy/Spirit with their best add ons, meta perks, and an ebony and just proxy camp, tunnel and NOED to win.

then enjoy your massive win streak :) killer is so easy its ridiculous

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 1,553

But it is a step into the right direction. You can't be that inpatient. Devs said they focus on things which seem to be more important in their eyes. They can't focus on everything at once.

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 1,859
    edited April 24

When there's so many moving parts you don't want to change too much at once. Just think of something as simple as increasing gen times for example, that's just changing a number somewhere but it has all sorts of effects. You don't just throw everything out there, you make incremental changes and see how it changes feedback and statistics and then move on from there if needed.

And you're right, you can't "fix voice chat". And no sane developer would try to touch it in particular as it's such an established expected feature of multiplayer games that can only be balanced around and not directly. Only exception I can even think of that's remotely recent is some Call of Duty games that forced in-game voice chat and restricted party chat, and that's an anomaly.

• Revzi100Revzi100 Member Posts: 434

gets to the exit gate looks back and see the killer still crying over survivors, my response is............

• notsonewnotsonew Member Posts: 269

fixing broken loops is a step in the right direction, remove DS and unbreakable and now the game is 100% balanced, killers shouldn't be punished for doing their job

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 863
    edited April 24

Making maps smaller is huge, they even removed some of the harder loops in the game. If you don't see this as a vast improvement then i really don't know what else they can do to appease you.

Thinking about it more, what's even better is the fact they could have added more bushes etc and made all maps as painful as swamp but they didn't. This is a huge step in the right direction. Things may start rough but now we can finally start to see some balance for both sides.

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    edited April 24

I made a 10 game test vs red ranks swf (3+) after reset:

Trapper, No addons, No offerings, BBQ/Nurses/Bamboozle/Sloppy, No tunneling, No camping, No slugging

Results:

8x 4k (2x Thompson, 2x Rotten Fields, 1x Haddonfield, 1x Lerys, 1x Pantry, 1x Temple of Purgation)

1x 3k (hatch escape with a key, on TheGame)

1x 2k (on Lerys)

Yeah I see that the game ist totally survivor sided.

• UseTheValveUseTheValve Member Posts: 225

I mean these perks are only broken on the rare occasions you face a try hard 4 man SWF, even then I see streamers like Tru still 4k them.

I don't understand why you want to remove those perks and I play both side btw I ate many DS because frankly I don't care that much about it but I probably won't ever be a R1 killer, I just like enjoying my games too much.

• deadbyhitboxdeadbyhitbox Member Posts: 975
    edited April 24

Hex or any perks aside, the current problem is the massive maps which make it absurdly hard to pressure the gens and prevent you from being able to snowball because of just the sheer size of the map. Making these maps smaller allows killers to apply pressure when they need to and get to where they need to go in a relatively quick manner. A killer making it across a small map to a gen in 10 seconds is much better than having to run 20 seconds on a large map. It adds up.

Like I said, this is a game changer for killers. This in no way is a buff to survivors. The most broken element of the game is finally being fixed.

• SenzuDuckSenzuDuck Member Posts: 5,068

What do you exactly think killers did 2 years ago when survivors actually did have OP stuff in every match?

They still 4Kd, and the game has only become more balanced since then, I think people need to start accepting that they probably just aren't as good as they'd hoped and regardless of the changes balancing the sides out they'll probably never consistently 2K+

• alaenyiaalaenyia Member Posts: 372

Interestingly enough, the player you are trying to flame here, has championed NoEd to stay the same repeatedly in the forums here.

• FrekiFreki Member Posts: 1,109

I agree with you 4 man swf's might be a very, very strong but not always. and even the very strong swfs have off days, mistakes made and killers like tru and others do get 4k's. the issue with DS and unbreakable is more the end game use of these perks (and borrowed time) where people will hold on to them till the end game and ensure so many get out. there are a great deal of people that use that 60 seconds of immunity esepcially at the end of the game. many killers say remove it, I say it needs to be tweaked to be less powerful but I will admit I can't honestly come up with a good solution myself.

Who says I’m trying to flame anyone? That’s just the first thing ran through my mind because that’s how those players look like. That’s it.

• ChampagneChampagne Member Posts: 110

Actually fixing maps and nerfing gen speeds is enough to fix the game, they did that to give the killer more advantage of map pressure? Maybe just play a little more and practice?

never judge something before it comes out?