Home Discussions General Discussions

SWF with two Objects

xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 1,601
edited April 24 in General Discussions

Scenario: a SWF with two people running Object of Obsession, so there is always one person with aura reading relaying your actions to the rest of the team, no matter what you do. Typically if there’s one Object you can at least try to incapacitate them, but I’m not sure what the killer is supposed to do against two of them.

Has anyone else had the pleasure of this extremely fun experience lately?

Comments

• ViceusViceus Member Posts: 145

I just remember someone make an old post in december 2018 ... about 4 man OOO....

maybe it's fun for them.... I rarely use OOO. Because I think plunderer instinct + Ace in the hole is more fun than OOO

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

You could slug, you could just give it a go, you could just wait in the basement until they are done and leave, you could leave the match.

Plenty of options.

• PizzamanPizzaman Member Posts: 328

Could you please just walk me through that process of "relaying your actions to the rest of team"?

How exactly does it work?

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 1,601

Object of Obsession gives a survivor the ability to see the killer’s aura when outside of their terror radius. If you’re playing in a Survive with Friends group and run the perk, you can keep an eye on everything the killer does and tell your team. “The killer is kicking a gen near the shack. The killer is going around the outside of the building to cut you off.” And so on.

Not as bad against a killer like, say, Hillbilly, but it’s pretty crippling if you’re playing Trapper, Hag, Deathslinger, etc.

I meant gameplay mechanics to counter their “two man OoO” strategy, not giving up or quitting lol. I don’t think there really is much you can do unless they’re bad or get way too cocky.

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Well there is no blank statement to make as to what to do, you could just try camping for example, I mean even if they know what you are doing there is little they can do about it and if they just do gens and leave well... I mean whatever right? nobody got points, it barely was a match, moving on.

But nobody can tell you how to exactly deal with it, if you are good enough you might just be able ot get them all by just playing, a well co-ordinated SWF team is also not impossible to defeat and you can safetly bet they always know where you are as well

• TheEntity03TheEntity03 Member Posts: 115

You could cry in a corner 😪

I don’t mind survivors knowing where I am and I don’t care about SWF, it’s the fact that they have literal wallhacks for the entire match. I probably wouldn’t even mind OoO if I didn’t play M1 killers and set up killers almost exclusively. I’ll probably just take a break from killer until they rework this perk (if ever), I’m seeing it a lot more lately and it just kills the fun for me. I have some other games I can play for the next few months.

So, how do you know that the Killer is at the Shack if you're at the other side of the map without having visibility to shack?

How do you know that the killer is going around the outside of the building to cut someone off, without having visibility of the main building (you don't see a survivors aura, just the killers aura)? And if you're already watching the main building, you wouldn't need the aura reading perk, you could just use your eyes to see that the killer is going around the building.

Just because you can see the killers aura doesn't mean that you can actually infer meaningful information from it at a great distance. And furthermore, even if you could, it also doesn't mean that you can communicate that information to your team in a fast and meaningful way (you need to describe it, they need to understand it, and it needs to be more than just "at shack" or "at mainbuilding").

I honestly would like to hear how those "SEAL Team SWFs" really use object, as this forum pretends they do.

How would someone relay this movement to their team mates?

Survivor #1: Killer sighted in Quadrant 5, heading North-East.

Survivor #2: What's Quadrant 5?

Survivor #3: Errr, Where's North?

Survivor #4: What about East? Where's East?

Survivor #1: Didn't you read the DBD forum? You're SUPPOSED TO KNOW this stuff. After all we're a SEAL Team SWF with 2 Objects of Obsession, dammit!

Survivor #2: mmmkay. I'm gonna do that gen over there.

Survivor #3: yeah me too.

You don’t need expert level communication to be able to relay useful information that 24/7 aura reading gives you. Most maps are not that huge and have identifiable structures, so unless you’re talking about Shelter Woods it’s usually easy to pass the message along.

An example: the killer is Trapper. They immediately start setting traps near where they spawned. The person using Object sees this, runs towards where they see the killer’s aura, and sees that Trapper is near the coal tower. “He trapped around the coal tower, I’ll find them and disarm.” Is this a feat of coordination only possible from a SEAL team six?

Or if the killer doubles back to someone on the hook, and it’s a Deathslinger with a small terror radius, now everybody knows well in advance of any other in-game clues because the guy who can see both auras can just tell them “he’s going back to the hook”. No need to talk about quadrants, east or west, or longitude and latitude.

Or what about a guy who’s being chased. “I’m being chased,” they somehow find the words to say. The guy with Object looks and oh, what’s that? The killer is walking backwards. “He’s moonwalking.”

I think you’re being disingenuous if you can’t see ANY useful application of full aura reading on the killer at almost all times. Remember how bullshit it was that Freddy got full aura reading on survivors, and how the devs reworked it to remove that element of his kit? Because survivors hated it for good reason. There’s a reason aura reading perks have cool downs, or limited applications. There’s a reason “blindness” exists as a status effect, because seeing auras IS A STRONG EFFECT and not being able to see them weakens you.

• Primalux135Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

This game is Rainbow Six SWF vs killer that need to make an ace

• Primalux135Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

This game is Rainbow Six SWF vs killer that need to make an ace

edited April 24

Announcing that a Killer is moonwalking (which usually happens around tight loops or jungle gyms) ... even when you say it out loud, it usually is already to late for the other person to react in time to what you just said. Aka, not useful information (anymore).

Announcing that a Killer is coming back to the hook, well well. You still have to unhook that team mate, whether he's coming back or not. I'm never staying around the hook (to heal), just in case killer comes back, so again, not useful information.

And regarding Trapper vs. Object: nobody who's using Object knows which killer they are going against. They could also have a Ghostface as killer, what then (if GF knows there's an object user, he can approach the Object user stealthed)?

You say i'm disingenuous if I can't see ANY useful application. I'm not saying there are none, I'm just saying you're overexaggerating.

I'm not using Object, and I wouldn't care if it just get's removed. Still, it's not as big of a thing as you and this forum make other people believe it to be.

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,404

I just chase them as normal. They're realistically not relaying every little thing I do. They can't constantly tell each other every single time I change directions in a chase, and if they're relying on it that heavily, the info is going to reach them way later than if they had just used their eyes. Outside of a chase, they might run a bit sooner when you head their direction, but I never found it to be a deal breaker.

You’ll notice that I didn’t say anything about the perk being a big deal, I didn’t call for nerfs or changes or even actually complain about it, I just said that I find it *unfun* and *frustrating* seeing as I play set-up killers 90% of the time and asked what other people would do against that setup. What other forum users have to say about it is nothing to do with me.

If you think survivors having aura reading of killers for the full match isn’t a big deal then why even reply to this thread? I was looking for discussion of counterplay, your opinion on the strength of the perk is irrelevant to me.

• ThatbrownmonsterThatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,578

2? Imagine 4, today I had a 4 man swf and they gen rushed me non stop

Glad I had noed equiped to down them all

I play Hag and Trapper so I try not to chase too much, at least not without traps. But I can’t set up traps either, it’s a waste of time since they just get disarmed.

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 2,162

You've got to admit, OoO is poorly designed and leads to way too many toxic interactions. I'd like a rework that still gives information, but not constantly and a literal wall hacks on the killer.