Home Discussions General Discussions

Is it normal to slug a lot as Spirit or Oni?

PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

I have found myself slugging an obscene amount when playing Spirit or Kazan, to create pressure. Is that normal or is it a bad habit I need to get out of?

Comments

• ShocktoberShocktober Member Posts: 678

Oni yes, spirit not really. The cookie cutter build for oni is infectious + monitor so you can slug hardcore during your power activation.

Spirit I feel like has enough chase potential and mobility she can just pop goes gens after every hook for her pressure.

• SchmierbachSchmierbach Member Posts: 398

Oni yes very much so. Spirit no.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited April 24

I run Surveillance, STBFL, A Nurses calling and BBQ though for Spirit. Should I switch one for Pop goes the weasel?

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,704

Not as Spirit. Her power is guaranteed to come back regularly. The Oni must work for his and he doesn't have it early game.

• ShocktoberShocktober Member Posts: 678

I don't like nurses on her without monitor or sloppy. It means you see them at 28m but have a 24m terror radius. Without sloppy you are realistically only going to get any use out of it by beelining back to unhooks and hoping they are healing nearby (which they usually are).

STBFL is kinda meh on her imo, and is meh in general, since it is really only good for getting rapid hits in succession which will usually only happen against red rank survivors when you are camping hooks.

BBQ is also meh, mainly good for bloodpoints. But if you are looking to 3-4k, I think thrilling is better for perfect information when combined with pop.

If you are running surveillance you may as well run ruin as well, it's one of the best combo's for a high mobility killer. Spirit has OK mobility basekit but turns high-mobility with add-ons. I usually use it on Freddy or maybe with an indoor map offering on a stealth killer. Ruin + Surveillance + Sloppy is very good for shoving people off gens and playing an attrition game.

I'd recommend finding a place for stridor, many red rank survivors will be running iron will and not being able to quickly nail them with your power if they are walking can be crippling.

• OniWantsUrLocationOniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 290

A good Oni will most likely slug. Most of the time you don't really have to slug with Spirit, but if you want.. just go for it lad. It is a legit strategy. When I play killer I also want the survivors to have fun, but sometimes you have to play "dirty". 

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,306

Imagine calling Oni Kazan but not calling Spirit Rin.

Spirit is focused on mobility and fast chases so yes slugging is often the optimal play. Oni's power is the same, plus you lose it when you pick up a survivor.

• TruthTheDeceiverTruthTheDeceiver Member Posts: 497

I guess slugging runs in the family. :)

I meant to write Oni, but I accidentally wrote Kazan, I just prefer that name to 'The Oni'.

Stridor disorientates me because they seem closer than they are, I'm not new to Spirit either, I listen out for the footsteps or grass if they got iron will. I'm rusty, yes, but walking doesn't really work on me.

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Oni and Myers, both have to work for their power and both have ti only temporary, to get the most out of it you start slugging, its the obvious thing to do.

Though Oni has some freedom to pick people up and then keep part of his charge so he can quickly go into rage mode again.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,025

Oni is a sluggy killer. Spirit is all about chase and map pressure. You shouldn't be slugging that much with her honestly, outside of the standard necessity to do it for any killer (example SLUG IF THEY HAVE DS, not rocket science).

• Hag.is.DtierHag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,397

Spirit is terrible at slugging but Oni..... is the god of slugs.

• GhostwithafaceGhostwithaface Member Posts: 594
    edited April 25

If you are running something like infectious fright, which reveals where others are when you down someone. Yeah Oni is very good at slugging. Combine that with some of his add ons and well, even better at slugging. It not uncommon to have two or possibly more survivors slug on the ground, if things are going well. For Oni has the power to snowball really fast, when the cards are in his favor.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,127

I slug as spirit if I see other survivors, otherwise I just hook them.