Make the area inside the gate an exposed area
As a survivor main, who enjoys playing killer, there are only upsides to this, as the only downside can be countered:
- Bloodwarden recieves an indirect buff, and quite a strong one at that without being game breaking.
- Someone bodyblocking an injured survivor doesnt become a free escape for a survivor who doesnt exactly deserve an escape.
- little to no room for BM as a killer can infact instadown you in the gate.
The only downside?
- if you as a survivor would otherwise have escaped and earned it, or if you have a teammate that has been tunneled, you have less room to tank the hit.
Which is totally fine, considering the speedboost you gain from tanking a hit outside the exitgate area is more than enough to actually escape. So you should start body blocking earlier on, but body block too much while running to the exit and you're in danger of being instadowned.
As a survivor main, I dont see any real issues this could show up by implementing this:
- if im injured and inside without NOED, I would be hit anyway - no difference
- if im healthy and hit outside with NOED, I would very likely have been hit anyway - no difference
- If im healthy and hit outside without NOED, I would escape either way - no difference
- If im healthy and inside without NOED, I would be downed, which would be my fault for being greedy, as I can otherwise gain some distance. - not exactly an issue