Why can they hit me when they don’t actually hit me?

It happens a lot to me and it always causes me to be captured which sucks I mean getting killed because you have no skill that’s one thing but being caught jus cause the game bugs that really pisses me off 😂 when the killer tries to hit I wont even be in hitting range of them yet I still get hit it sucks when I’m in a chase I’ll try to be toxic to get away but it doesn’t work like I’ll make it look like I’m turning right but I’ll ill try to zoom right behind them and they slice and get me like I’ll be literally behind them they don’t even slice in my direction but since I’m close to them I get hit like how the hell is someone gonna get sliced from not getting sliced uhm...

Answers

• GoobzV2GoobzV2 Member Posts: 20

It's called the killers net.

• thekatedensonthekatedenson Member Posts: 30

Thanks Goobz that helps me so much

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 2,018

@thekatedenson said:
    It happens a lot to me and it always causes me to be captured which sucks I mean getting killed because you have no skill that’s one thing but being caught jus cause the game bugs that really pisses me off 😂 when the killer tries to hit I wont even be in hitting range of them yet I still get hit it sucks when I’m in a chase I’ll try to be toxic to get away but it doesn’t work like I’ll make it look like I’m turning right but I’ll ill try to zoom right behind them and they slice and get me like I’ll be literally behind them they don’t even slice in my direction but since I’m close to them I get hit like how the hell is someone gonna get sliced from not getting sliced uhm...

The killer is the player who is hosting the match. This means all the survivors are connected to the killers internet connection. Because of this latency plays a huge part in what you see happening on your screen vs what the killer sees on theirs. It looks to you like the killer missed because the latency lag between your connection to the host (killer) yet on the killers screen it would appear as a proper hit.