Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

When will Hawkin's laboratory get a pallet reduction?

USELESSUSELESS Member Posts: 1,151

This map is already small and have literally no dead zones, also I think it is the map with more pallets in the whole game, it is impossible to certain killers like Billy to even kill someone, and with all the things that survivors have to destroy the killers day, it is the most unbalanced map of this game

Comments

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,262

It's small and the entire upstairs is unsafe, most pallets are unsafe. I think it needs a slight buff if anything lol

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 3,492

You want less pallets on a map where 90% of the pallets are crap?

• USELESSUSELESS Member Posts: 1,151
  • RespectfulnancymainRespectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,792

Please tell me your joking

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,262
  • RespectfulnancymainRespectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,792

I just checked his profile and his comments seem normal but i saw like 3 of his discussions today and none sounded serious

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 3,497
    edited May 3

What? There’s like three or four somewhat safe pallets on the map and the rest are unsafe as hell and can become guaranteed death traps. I love getting it as Killer, especially if I’m Doctor.

• CheersCheers Member Posts: 3,426

Okay, can you explain why you think these pallets that many consider unsafe are actually fine? Questioning is better than arguing.

As I have seen as killer, there are only 4 pallets that aren't safe, also this map have literally almost every area, two pallets side to side, it's is a bullshit

There are 2 or 3 areas that there are 2 pallets next one to another, there are 3 pallets that have a well positioned stair case that you can use to make distance, and all generators are next to pallets( except the top floor one). Also I don't remember any dead zone on this map with exception the top floor

• CheersCheers Member Posts: 3,426

Those 2 pallets that are right beside each other have a gap in between them with stairs and metal things (I'm tired) allowing for a juke.

Those 3 pallets that have staircases are actually very dangerous if the survivor chooses to use the stairs. They are easily mindgameable and can allow for a free hit if the survivor doesn't have Balanced Landing.

Most gens are next to pallets, however thos is due to the map size.

As for deadzones, late game most of the map is a dead zone as there are little to no pallets and very few windows throughout the whole map.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 3,497
    edited May 3

Every pallet on the outside and the entire upstairs is completely unsafe. Most of the inside pallets are somewhat safe but can still be mindgamed. You must not be that good of a Killer if you think Hawkins has a lot of strong pallets.

• DontNerfDontNerf Member Posts: 416

Im a killer main and i think the number of pallets are fine due to its small size it needs them. If you are having a hard time with the pallets on that map then its probably your play stlye thats causing it.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 6,273

If you consider Hawkins-Pallets as safe, you might want to learn how to play Killer. Almost every Pallet on this Map is unsafe, way too unsafe. As Survivor, you need to get the Stun to get Distance (making Spirit Fury/Enduring extremely powerful on this Map), otherwise you are doomed. Those Pallets are unplayable for Survivors, once they are thrown.

IMO they went a little bit too far with Pallets on this Map, even tho I appreciate that they tried this approach.

• FlatskullFlatskull Member Posts: 327
    edited May 3

I main killer.

Hawkins is fine. It's not utterly unfair to survivors. But it is a tricky map and without utilizing a lot of the higher sections, shelves and knowing where the holes are most survivors will struggle on it. I don't think it needs a buff nor a nerf. It's ok to have maps that lean to one side as long as it does in a fair way.

Hawkins dosen't have a lot of loops. It does have a lot ostairs, drops and drop vaults. In theory a balanced landing player could thrive in it .But I rarely see a survivor who can get their head around NOT camping the weak pallets and looping them like usual.

• BigBrainMegMainBigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,556

*laughs in Nurse*

*cries in Nurse because that maps is awful*