Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Should inner strength stack?

what do you guys think about inner strength? Should it stack if you did more than 1 totem?

Comments

• XzanXzan Member Posts: 268

Maybe a hex totem should give 2 stacks? Otherwise it should stay as it is now.

• McLightningMcLightning Member Posts: 949

I would say "Okay, allow it to stack". But then, make the survivor show up on Nurse's Calling when using it.

• LALYTHIALALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,657

I don't think so. I like this perk. Its a very fast heal. Having to activate it one totem at a time seems fair and incentivizes paced, alternative objectives to gens. If it did stack, it would need a limit of 2, max. Otherwise I could see a wise ass running around at the start of the match knocking out all the totems so they could have an easy, short heal all match while everyone else with the perk is screwed. LOL

• DustinDustin Member Posts: 688
    edited May 5

I use Inner Strength a lot and I'm going to outright say no as it would be too powerful.

Inner Strength already counters Nurse's Calling because when you heal you go in a locker, it counters mangled because it's a fixed time for the heal that cannot be extended from what I know and it helps clear secondary objectives. Not to mention you don't need a teammate to heal so I'd say it's in a great spot right now.

Like listen. The perk is great where it's at now where it's a nice situational perk. It doesn't need to be the ends all of healing perks where it's so strong you don't even consider a medkit, self-care or other healing items.

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 386

Yes.

• Nazeef13Nazeef13 Member Posts: 288
    edited May 5

It would be nice but people, including me, would hog totems.

It would be stronger and more people would use it. Meaning less totems per a survivor, making the perk more useless in the end.

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,750

This. It's already a strong perk, so if you have 2-3 stacks of it then you will always get a full heal in 8 seconds 3 times with nothing the killer can do since you'll probably pair it with DS. Sorry but this idea is stupidly broken and not even close too fair. We don't need another MoM situation.

• TaigaTaiga Member Posts: 217

Yes, sometimes I feel like not cleansing totems at all because I don’t wanna waste them.

• KatzengottKatzengott Member Posts: 155

Inner - Dectives Hunch - Quick & Quit - Iron Will

Run this build now for like a few months solo. Very strong vs. anti-heal builds and one of the best counters vs. Noed.

If Inner would stack, survivos would just horde them tomes. For me that would be to strong so... no.

• DollsDolls Member Posts: 397

Who cares if people hog totems. The totrms are there to be cleansed. If you cleansed it you should get the stack. If someone else brought the perk and never found any..tough luck.

I go around and cleanse all the totems before I work on gens. I dont use inner strength and I don't care if my fellow survivors use it. First come first serve for totems, I say. I don't want to deal with NOED.

I don't see any reason it shouldn't stack.

• AestheticCharmsAestheticCharms Member Posts: 87

how are people gonna say "do bones" then say don't do all the bones? Lmao, obviously they could make it take a little longer to heal if you have more than 1 totem done, it would obviously require other changes, I would prefer to have a random doing totems than self caring against a thana and sloppy forever freddy

• cheetocultleadercheetocultleader Member Posts: 659

No. I love inner strength, see my icon, but that would make it way too easy on me. I already heal up quicker than someone not using the perk, and I def do more bones than a lot of other randoms I've played with. And considering I let people heal me half the time too, I'd basically never stay injured in an average match if it stacked.

• Terra92Terra92 Member Posts: 235

Oh so you're the reason why five minutes in we have two gens done, two on hook, and the third is on death hook if they get caught.

Hey but no noed at the end game amirite?

• LALYTHIALALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,657

I really hope I never have the misfortune of playing with you.

• shwagshwag Member Posts: 417

I would be o-k with a max stack of two one per totem.

• Aztreonam78Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 788

In my personal opinion it should.

Firstly, Inner Strength discourages Survivors from doing more than just 1 totem. Until the perk is used, Survivors again become focused only on Generators, they have no reason to NOT be because of the limitation.

Secondly, this perk anyway would take more time to heal than If you just used med kit. 14 seconds of cleansing, plus 8 seconds in lockers, 3-4 seconds to enter and leave a locker, and time required to find Totems and then lockers. Generally Inner Strength takes more than 30 seconds to get one heal.

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 6,652

It could use a buff, but this type of change would be unhealthy. What if your blood trails vanish for 30 seconds after cleansing a totem? It would make the perk easier to activate without encouraging survivors to hog totems.

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 6,652

Inner Strength is a 22 second heal, better than Self Care but worse than a medkit.

• TraitorousLeopardTraitorousLeopard Member Posts: 129

Only if I can sit in the locker for 40 seconds and accumulate 5 extra health states.

• Rey_512Rey_512 Member Posts: 524

Perk would be OP. 5 free heals on demand with no counterplay? Yeah, no.

I Don't understand these people, they said give survivors other things to do instead of gen rush. This would make people look for totems, and actually get rid of em before noed pops ( if killer has it, which most do lmao) I think it's not bad of an idea but oh well.

Killers tunnel anyways doubt it would actually be able to work all the way.

Dbd community: omg he had noed!? Why does no one do totems

Also dbd community: stop doing all the totems!

• Terra92Terra92 Member Posts: 235

Alternatively, not having Inner Strength encourages people not to break totems at all! Why break a totem when it's not hexed? After all, at least one hex totem discourages you from breaking dull totems until the hex is broken.

I think one is perfectly fine. I almost always break at least one totem, and even if I overlapped, who cares? This isn't a game where you min-max your potentials, it's not a competitive game.

• BigBrainMegMainBigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 2,756

How...if....lockers...are meant....to hide auras.

What?

• Rey_512Rey_512 Member Posts: 524

Independent of what killers do, stacking this perk would be overkill. It already has great reward for no risk.