Join us on Twitch/YouTube this Thursday at 2pm ET as we uncover the strange things taking place in Hawkins.
Something's strange about the next chapter...

I think I found the DS counter!

UnitUnit Member Posts: 183
Just use unnerving presence

Comments

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 1,429

You really think no one ever thought of that? If people don't use it's because wasting a perk slot to counter a survivor perk is stupid, and survivors can still hit the skillcheck reliably, so it's even more of a waste.

• Grey87Grey87 Member Posts: 346

Enduring is more of a counter than unnerving.
    And it has more use than just countering ds.

• no unnerving presence turn the DS skill check in to a great skill check a good survivor can still hit it

• and also unnerving presence are useless in high rank

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 922

I know the best DS counter of all: My Nurse

• BACKSTABBERBACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    edited September 2018

the best DS counter is locking the DS surv in a dead-end corner after DS (he will land on your left side), and punish him/her bodyblocking him/her for the rest of the match and finally Bubba-chainsaw him/her (if didnt D/C) and hook facecamping 100% (optionally you can leave your PC idle to force his/her to D/C).

If you dont get banned by doing this, this is a proper toxic and satisfying punishment to DS users since it may prevent using DS again.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 2,163

@Unit said:
    Just use unnerving presence

Once you've practiced hitting Unnerving presence, overcharged Doctor skill checks everything else is trivial.

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 3,733

the best DS counter is locking the DS surv in a dead-end corner after DS (he will land on your left side), and punish him/her bodyblocking him/her for the rest of the match and finally Bubba-chainsaw him/her (if didnt D/C) and hook facecamping 100% (optionally you can leave your PC idle to force his/her to D/C).

If you dont get banned by doing this, this is a proper toxic and satisfying punishment to DS users since it may prevent using DS again.

Ummmmm no i like 40-50k per match. Thanks anyway.
  • only1biggsonly1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

Slug, dribble, block them in a corner, let them hit it from a height. Using unnerving presence is just stupid.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 1,484
    Lol no you didn’t. Unnerving skill checks aren’t that hard to hit after a little bit of practice.
  • akbays35akbays35 Member Posts: 851

not sure if they "fixed" it or not, but if you auto attack when they hit the skillcheck it should interrupt it. This works in other ways as well because they programmed attacks to implement before stuns or other effects, so you can actually avoid trap stuns with trapper (did this to block basement), flashlight blinds somewhat, this is also why attacks hit when you get hit with pallets. Essentially killer auto attacks are programmed the same way as dead hard is for survivors.

• iceman2kxiceman2kx Member Posts: 462

If unnerving presence had a BP bonus or something, I'd gladly use it over BBQ.

• GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 770

Use enduring it helps with 75% of the stunning period plus also helps with the stun from pallets. And can be good for the new rancor perk from the spirit.

• BACKSTABBERBACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

blocking them in a corner til they DC is the best punishment for DS users

• BossBoss Member Posts: 5,414

@Grey87 said:

Speaking of Enduring against DS, some Killers feel slower to recover from getting stabbed than others.

• SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,346

Won't work, i ran unnerving and all Rank 1 can still easily hits the skill checks, in like 8/10 of my games

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 2,270
    Boss said:

@Grey87 said:

Speaking of Enduring against DS, some Killers feel slower to recover from getting stabbed than others.

@[email protected]_Queen is there anyway you can confirm if all killers recover differently from the DS stun..... like does Nurse recover slower the leatherface or is it just animation making it seem that way?
  • Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 1,496
    I never use DS anymore, but I remember how easy it still was to hit the skillcheck vs Unnerving Doc. Even on console.

Thank God this perk is going to hell.
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

@not_Queen said:
    DS is getting the planned change in the next Mid-Chapter patch. You can consult the latest Q&A session. We had a short talk about it! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaSgsFdGbwjfdawl3rOXiwQ EDIT: Grammar

Thanks for the update and now everyone knows.