Something's strange about the next chapter...

Leaderboards

so when will we get the promised leaderboards? we are waiting already pretty long for it and we are not getting ANY info about it. any ETA on it? just let us at least know if it will happen this year or not. would be cool!

Comments

• Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,484
    Probably decided to quietly drop them after the clown fiesta that was the official tournament.
  • steezo_desteezo_de Member Posts: 343

There is no ETA. I asked about it in their last dev stream and they said it's something they wanted to do but they're just not there yet. Since they have a roadmap for the rest of the year and a leaderboard isn't in it, you can bet it's not going to happen in 2018.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@Kenshin said:
    so when will we get the promised leaderboards? we are waiting already pretty long for it and we are not getting ANY info about it. any ETA on it? just let us at least know if it will happen this year or not. would be cool!

After the game has passes his ranking rework, SWF balance etc.

"soon TM"

• SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,346
    edited September 2018

and Ranking Rewards, promised since 2016

Identity V has this on launch with Dedicated server, now with 2 vs 8...

• Kamikaze_RoseKamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 182
    edited September 2018

I want leaderboards as much as the next player, but I'm not daft enough to think it won't quadruple the try-hardness of survs and killers alike. Expect DCs, farming, camping, and all our other favorite DBD activities to increase tenfold.

• IncarnateIncarnate Member Posts: 630

@Kamikaze_Rose said:
    I want leaderboards as much as the next player, but I'm not daft enough to think it won't quadruple the try-hardness of survs and killers alike. Expect DCs, farming, camping, and all our other favorite DBD activities to increase tenfold.

They shouldn't implement something like this until they actually have a casual mode where ranks are disabled, and no KYF doesn't count, as this is a free mode where everything is unlocked at it's highest tier and it requires friends to play with. I'm talking about a casual mode thats basically like the main mode, but without the ranks. Especially because there are a lot of players who're not interested in ranked play, and implementing leaderboards will just make it much worse for them, exactly as you @Kamikaze are pointing out, and more.

• ceridwen309ceridwen309 Member, Mod Posts: 469

@steezo_de said:
    There is no ETA. I asked about it in their last dev stream and they said it's something they wanted to do but they're just not there yet. Since they have a roadmap for the rest of the year and a leaderboard isn't in it, you can bet it's not going to happen in 2018.

hehe, check the bottom right of their "roadmap". It may not be a leaderboard...but what is a "ladder"?

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453
    Didn't they say that a leaderboard only comes as a personal thing? So you would be able to see your own progress and statistics but that's it.
    At least that's how I understood it.

They said once in a stream that it's not possible to reconnect to a started match, because it's peer2peer.

My guess is, that they can't do a real leaderboard while the game is peer2peer. Dedicated servers might not be possible, because the peer2peer might be hardcoded, or to much work.

So we might never see real leaderboards. 

@ceridwen309 said:

@steezo_de said:

hehe, check the bottom right of their "roadmap". It may not be a leaderboard...but what is a "ladder"?

I think they were talking about Devotion.

@Mycroft said:
    What exactly would a leaderboard do in this game, show how many times someone used a perk?

Leave leaderboards to games where people are actually doing stuff

Leaderboard to show kill/escape ratios or escape/death ratios. A simple one that showed this info and the killer used would be good enough.

@Tsulan said:
    Didn't they say that a leaderboard only comes as a personal thing? So you would be able to see your own progress and statistics but that's it.

They said once in a stream that it's not possible to reconnect to a started match, because it's peer2peer.

My guess is, that they can't do a real leaderboard while the game is peer2peer. Dedicated servers might not be possible, because the peer2peer might be hardcoded, or to much work.

Yeah. They said it would only be for your eyes only but one of the reasons they gave was that some people wouldn't want that info be made public... to that I say just make it an opt-in feature.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453
    steezo_de said:

@Tsulan said:

Yeah. They said it would only be for your eyes only but one of the reasons they gave was that some people wouldn't want that info be made public... to that I say just make it an opt-in feature.

I think that's just an excuse. People used their achievements for ages to proof their point. It wouldn't be any different with leaderboards.