The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Killers and Escape Hatches

2»

Comments

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@Orion said:

@Master said:
    Killing floor is a perfect example because a team of survivors (with guns) are trying to survive several zombie waves. When all survivors die within one wave, the game is lost.

The killer can only blackpip even with 4 kills, just fyi, that much about the "win" for the killer :wink:

I never understood why the last survivor is entitled an escape if the survivors screwed up, but the killer only is supposed to get a 3k if he did very well

Now you're making me wanna play KF2 to torch some zeds.

At least there the dead zombies wont insult you and threaten your life for doing your objective :lol:

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

@Master said:

@Orion said:

@Master said:
    Killing floor is a perfect example because a team of survivors (with guns) are trying to survive several zombie waves. When all survivors die within one wave, the game is lost.

The killer can only blackpip even with 4 kills, just fyi, that much about the "win" for the killer :wink:

I never understood why the last survivor is entitled an escape if the survivors screwed up, but the killer only is supposed to get a 3k if he did very well

At least there the dead zombies wont insult you and threaten your life for doing your objective :lol:

Even if they did, I find that flamethrowers speak louder than words.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

@RSB said:

@Master said:

@Orion said:

@Master said:

And won't escape through the hatch.

Quite the opposite - they come out of hatches.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@RSB said:

@Master said:

@Orion said:

@Master said:

True, but sometimes they get stuck somewhere which reminds me of the hatch waiting game :lol:

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,259

@Orion said:

@RSB said:

@Master said:

@Orion said:

@Master said:

Quite the opposite - they come out of hatches.

At least they have balls lol

• VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,826
    Master said:

@Vietfox said:
    Master said:

@Vietfox said:

@RSB said:

@ThatOneGuy said:

Sorry but killers should NOT be able to grab someone who has already started to “escape” through the hatch. It is total B.S. and unfair that something like that is even allowed to happen especially when the killer is camping the hatch. It is the last players last resort to escaping and you mean to tell me that the killer can stop them from even doing that! Sorry but that’s just another reason why this game sucks hard core and is in heavier favor of the killer than it is the survivor. Who ever thought that was a good idea can be fired plz and thank you. Don’t care what anyone else has to say I’m venting so leave me alone. 

Want to know what is unfair? When killer fuckin earns his 4k, but the game decided to give a free win to the survivor, who did nothing but hiding all the game, or doing mere 2 gens.

Thats shows how often you play as a survivor. If you played more as a survivor you'll know that there are many cases where the last survivor managed to do well, not hiding all the time or just doing 2 gens.

You want 4K? Slug the 3rd one and go kill the 4th one.

Your complaints are as valid as OP's ones

Usually in teamgames, the whole team loses when it does bad.

Imgine for example in killing floor if the last guy alive could press a nuke button and magically win the game, that would be weird AF, do you agree? :wink:

Never played that game so i can't really tell, but doesnt sound as the same situation because i understand that you meant there are 2 teams and last one from the losing team get to kill the other team by pressing that nuke button.
    In dbd you get 3k even if the last survivor escapes, you don't die and 3K it's still a win for the killer.

By waves you mean survival mode? In those modes you die no matter what you do xD
    Well, i said 3K as in general. A survivor can blackpip as well even if manages to escape. Both need to be really bad or have bad luck.
    You can slug. If the 3rd survivor dcs so the other one can escape, well... [BAD WORD] happens. Same way when i get hard camped for no other reason than secure the kill.
  • ToastfaceKillaToastfaceKilla Member Posts: 319

If the Killer has gotten 3 kills before the gens are done, survivors lost. The hatch is a chance to escape a losing game that the killer has till this point dominated. If you don't like it, find the hatch first, or play better so the gates open.

• BradyBrady Member Posts: 1,183

@Sarief said:
    just do gens

ps: it's totally unfair that survivors have hatch ^_^

In some cases, you're right. It is unfair.

But it's fair if I got the hatch when:
    1. I was never chased.
    2. Did a gen or 2 by myself
    3. Avoided the killer for 10 [BAD WORD] minutes looking for the hatch

edited September 2018

God, love how bunch of survbois from the @Vietfox stable are running around every of my posts on this forum, and spamming "LOL" on them XD Are you really that sad? I've earned ~100 lols in 10 minutes thanks to it XD Viet, please, tell them to boost something more, I don't know, Awesomes or Vote Ups xD

PS. @Orion @Master I think they are trying to kill you with that "LOLs" too xD

• VietfoxVietfox Member Posts: 3,826
    RSB said:

God, love how bunch of survbois from the @Vietfox stable are running around every of my posts on this forum, and spamming "LOL" on them XD Are you really that sad? I've earned ~100 lols in 10 minutes thanks to it XD Viet, please, tell them to boost something more, I don't know, Awesomes or Vote Ups xD

"Vietfox stable" i'm dying xDDD
    Yeah, noticed it too. I swear i had nothing to do with that.
    edited September 2018

@Vietfox said:
    RSB said:

"Vietfox stable" i'm dying xDDD
    Yeah, noticed it too. I swear i had nothing to do with that.

Of course you did not, friend ;> Just give me 330 awesomes, for the achievement on forum, I know your guys can do it in a fast way.

And it stopped. I'm disappointed in you.