The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

DC by exit door

Is it ok to dc at the exit door cause i dont wanna rank up to mutch :/

Comments

• not_Queennot_Queen Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 1,027

@Ryuti said:
    Even if it's at the end of the match, it still counts and if you do it enough you'll get a softban. I'd advise against doing it.

We do ban for Disconnects. If you pass the threshold, you get a ban. As @Ryuti is putting it, we strongly advise against it. Reminder, rank reset is in 3 days!

• redsopine1redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    not_Queen said:

@Ryuti said:
    Even if it's at the end of the match, it still counts and if you do it enough you'll get a softban. I'd advise against doing it.

We do ban for Disconnects. If you pass the threshold, you get a ban. As @Ryuti is putting it, we strongly advise against it. Reminder, rank reset is in 3 days!

Damnit so all my work to rank up with huntress dont matter lol (rank 10 on my way to rank9)
  • @not_Queen said:
    We do ban for Disconnects.

• NickMilianNickMilian Member Posts: 33

I have seen a massive surge recently in "survivor mains" DC'ing as a tactic to down rank or as a way of helping other team members get the hatch / exit gate. I watched one yesterday lure the killer to the basement, then DC so the rest of the team could escape. My question is, do these players need multiple reports in order to receive a ban for DCs?

• UsuiUsui Member Posts: 473

Not gonna name names but I know some streamers who de-rank purposely and have been doing it for along time, not once seen them banned.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@NickMilian said:
    I have seen a massive surge recently in "survivor mains" DC'ing as a tactic to down rank or as a way of helping other team members get the hatch / exit gate. I watched one yesterday lure the killer to the basement, then DC so the rest of the team could escape. My question is, do these players need multiple reports in order to receive a ban for DCs?

Theoretically there is an automatic system checking their DC rate. The problem is that the threshold is so high that it will never trigger (you need to DC above 50% of your games, maybe 70% or sth), its a joke tbh

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@WalterWh1te said:
    not_Queen said:

@Ryuti said:

The irony is your threshold is far beyond good and evil. If certain streamer (lets call him M), a person you are subbed to, a person a DBD Mod is modding for on twitch  can consistantly DC 20-25% of his matches every day just to stay in lower ranks or because he doesn't like certain killers your DC politics are useless and absurd. Constant DC's ruin peoples games even if the number is under your random threshold.

Half of the games DCing to derank such that you hover at a certain rank even if you 2 pip all the time in your "actual" games and you still wont get above the threshold, its a joke tbh

• KilligmaKilligma Member Posts: 342

:thinking:

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

@Killigma said:

Right after the automated DC bans were implemented, the Steam forum was flooded with threads from people complaining they'd been banned (for DC'ing). Make of that what you will.

• CountfunkularCountfunkular Member Posts: 406
    I really want a casual mode. I'm very tired of being at high ranks period being a Rank 4 has become a slow-burning hell
  • Mr_Jay_StarkMr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    I mean you could make the game harder for yourself by only using no mither and object of obsession
  • KilligmaKilligma Member Posts: 342

@Orion said:

@Killigma said:

Right after the automated DC bans were implemented, the Steam forum was flooded with threads from people complaining they'd been banned (for DC'ing). Make of that what you will.

Sounds a lot like the great review bombing of 2018 >.>