Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Too many killers to keep the game healthy.

Aztreonam78Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 788

Each new patch is a wave of bugs striking certain Killers. The 3.7.0 patch have ruined the Hillbilly and Leatherface, spoiled the Wraith, affected the Nurse so she is AGAIN unable to blink properly in some maps, made Huntress Status Effect addons useless.

Maybe it is a sign to stop making DLC's? It seems to be already extremely hard to monitor every Killer before releasing New patches. Also, many of new Killers are not that nicely designed or unique, Deathslinger is terrible, Demogorgon is Meh, Plague is sick..

Comments

• KharKhar Member Posts: 231

How many times do people like you need to be told that DLC and bug fixes are handled by different teams?

• Aztreonam78Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 788

Do you think that team working on DLC's cannot work on the game's health? They are not artists, so I think they can, but they don't want because of the priorities.

• BigBrainMegMainBigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 2,756

Understandable to many of your statements, but it seems like they could pump out DLC once every 6 months, or once every 5 months and focus more on the game's health.

It's not a good sign that for 3 years straight, more bugs come out with every patch, and patches to fix those bugs release more bugs and so on.

I can at least bet we can all agree this game does need some Love.

Especially in their server department.

• SpiritLover1133SpiritLover1133 Member Posts: 170

So what are the team that responsible for bug fixes doing??? Chilling and watching Netflix?? The current bugs are overwhelming

• Aztreonam78Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 788

It doesn't justify the devs. The game is almost 4 years and it is still incredible unstable.

Weird hitboxes, numerous Killer or non specific bugs, lighting, so many issues in sounds being ignored for plenty of months, and so on.

• MomentosisMomentosis Member Posts: 209

They may be different teams but resources will still be allocated to DLC instead of bug fixes as well as DLCs as you can see bring their own wave of bugs as well.

Rainbow 6 Siege had their "Operation Health" where the team had to convince the higher ups to stop making DLC so that they could work on fixing the game in order to save it. It didn't fix everything but there were many fixes that laid the groundwork to the success the game is having today.

Another anecdote is I have a friend who works for a company named... "heavy snowstorm"... and while discussing how [BAD WORD] RockStar was handling RDO and their bugs, he told me how his company handled it by separating things to different priorities.

High Priority - Money related stuff.

-DLC. Gotta make that money. Have everyone working on DLC.

-People figured out a glitch that dupes items/money? Patch that [BAD WORD] out by tomorrow.

-The game can't run at all because of a bug? Fix that thing now.

Low Priority - Non-gamebreaking bugs, [BAD WORD] matchmaking, etc.

The higher ups don't give a [BAD WORD] about the low priority stuff. They pretty much have everyone working on the high priority stuff and people work on the low priority stuff when they can. He tells me this is just how things work and he can't do anything about it. It's really telling how passionate the Siege team were that they were able to convince Ubisoft to stop DLC so they could fuckin fix the game.