Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What happened to the unused killer, the teacher, their perks, power, and the unused item?

According to the wiki, there was an unused killer known as "The Teacher". Their power, perk, and item icons where added into the game before the nurse was released.

The power was called detention, and the icon was a ruler with a blade attached to the tip. The Perk was called Underperformer, and the survivor item was the "trapple". I don't know if anybody has asked this before, but I simply want to know what the power, perk and item did, and why were they removed?

Comments

• RattmanRattman Member Posts: 1,194
    edited May 2020

Not so long ago BHVR showed their work from home. Like, here:

https://padlet.com/DeadbyDaylight/WFH

If you check desk setups, you can see this:

The picture is named "srobinson_wfh1_Sarah_Robinson_LI.jpg". I googled a bit and found that Sarah Robinson is a writer of series "Kavanagh Legends". I don't really familiar with the book series, but, I guess, someone among devs is. Because Harvey Kavanagh is a guy, who was killed by Nurse. Nurse is closest killer to teacher, since teacher files appeared back in 2016. Does it all mean something? I dunno.

Well, I'm kinda 5 month late for this, but, anyway, today I randomly found out that Sarah Robinson is the lead UI desighner in Bhvr. She is also the voice of Claudette Morel. Seems obvious that she knows something about those icons, since she probably created them in the first place.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,594
    edited October 2020

Man I am posting on an old post for this

BUT that perk never had a rarity before, looks like its a rare perk. Strange how they gave a scrapped perk a rarity now

EDIT: Whoops, I put very rare and not rare

• XyvieliaXyvielia Member Posts: 1,814

The mini sculpture resembling Doc’s Beaked Mask in that glass door bookcase

• TheRockstarKnightTheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,103

IIRC they were put into the files by Sarah just to mess with dataminers and people who looked around the game's files. I believe she even had a 4th year anniversary quote saying as much.

I could be totally wrong though.

Yeah, she got the quote. Too bad devs don't talk about those icons for some reason. Like, what exactly perk and killer looked like and why they were scrapped.