Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Why aren't people using their offerings?

Lx_maliceLx_malice Member Posts: 183

I often come across alot of people who won't throw on any offerings at all. Not even a wreath or a sachet offering which they probably have tons of and there's no downside to using them. I'm not sure about you guys but I always make sure I throw on one of those offerings for extra bloodpoints every match and I'm just wondering why some people don't. It's free real estate.

Comments

• DelsKibaraDelsKibara Member Posts: 2,042

Because sometimes they like to keep them or they forgot.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 15,328

I'm quite forgetful (ADD) and just don't remember to do that. Hell, sometimes I forget which perks and add-ons I equipped literally minutes before.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,283

Unless I forget, the only reason I wouldn't use an offering is if I'm playing Feng. She's my only P350 with all perks, meaning that I'm not actively levelling her anymore. So even though she's my main, her offering pool is fairly limited because I want to spend my bloodpoints on levelling other characters instead, so I only use Feng's offerings on special occasions.

• DelsKibaraDelsKibara Member Posts: 2,042

Still holding onto those Rare Bloodpoint Offerings myself

• csandman1977csandman1977 Member Posts: 1,436

Also, people level up survivors to 40 to unlock perks and never touch them again. So when there initial stockpile is gone, that's it

• will_i_am_14_85will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 470

Just forgetfulness, also a touch of fear, fear that certain offerings are cursed, I can put on an escape cake, or survival BP boost offering, and die quickly and get no real benefit from it.

• Tunnel_Me_PleaseTunnel_Me_Please Member Posts: 353

I would use the blood point offerings... if they actually gave a decent amount of blood points.

It's honestly LAUGHABLE that you could actually LOSE more blood points than you actually earn from the bp offerings.

• bobocaboboca Member Posts: 64

I always use a brown offering/item when I feel like using nothing. My girlfriend uses nothing because she says she is tired of using a full loadout just to be face camped, tunelled out of the hook by small brain killers... She also never get BPS on killers' bloodweb because she hates giving BPs to toxic red ranks swf that she faces as a yellow rank killer...

• bobocaboboca Member Posts: 64

keeping them in your inventory doesn't give you more BPs than what they cost you :)

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,263

I just forget. The time between me realizing at the offering screen, "Oh, I forgot to use an offering." and the next lobby is long enough that my goldfish brain forgets.

• Dead_by_GadflyDead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 2,914

When I play survivor I like the idea I can play for free and pocket the blood points. Helps with the grind. Every add on/offering you use costs bps to get, so you have to earn more than you spent or the match wasnt worth it from a bp perspective. If you use no add ons/offerings its all profit. Literally why i almost never use ultra rare add ons with killer. Those are expensive 😬

• EquusEquus Member Posts: 71

I'm still leveling everyone up to level 40 for the perks which means I have almost no offerings on my main character. And if I can't get a decent build on another character I just hold on to the offerings because I don't want to waste them. I also forget to use them if I play loads of matches.

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 718

Because every time I use an altruism offering I never get chance to save, or if I run a boldness offering I never see the killer, etc. etc. I always seem to jinx myself. And god forbid I run a cake or BPS, then I always seem to die on first hook with 5k bloodpoints.

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 1,153

Since my Main Survivors Meg doesn't have any good Offerings, I stopped using them.

As Killer I usually drop one, BP usually.

• Nazeef13Nazeef13 Member Posts: 288

Brown offerings are so pointless they're not even worth the effort and few seconds they require to out on

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 635

Same here.... also trying to get those archive challenges done

Ever since the tomes were released I think of why do ppl use the offering they do

I bet it's the same for others

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 1,153

When I leveled my Ghostface I had like 60 anniversary cakes, 50 puddings and 40 BPS. I am still at it to get my cakes used. After that I still got all the Puddings and BPS until I can prestige him xD

• HuffHuff Member Posts: 1,214

I feel like it's a waste not to use them, so usually if I don't, it's just because I forgot/had to get up to do something.

I'll say though, I know what you mean. I've had several games where I'm literally the only person to burn an offering, and I'm wondering what all the other players are doing with theirs. xD