Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Light born and camping solutions or ideas, what ever you think

2»

Comments

• TheCursedTitanTheCursedTitan Member Posts: 136

It’s only for as long as the survivor is being unhooked, the second they are unhooked they are no longer immune a leatherface chainsaw would down them

And like I said @Entity_Hugs you do have to work for it

• The_Bootie_GorgonThe_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 1,213

The devs pretty much said they will not punish face camping today on the live stream. They may attempt to make it less appealing. Their stance is that if a killer is camping a survivor, the other 3 survivors should be doing gens.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 2,879
    edited May 15

Sorry that you can't get your sick flashlight saves for those montages. Basically just get good.

• crixus006crixus006 Member Posts: 208

Hahaha really lightborn????????? I believed that it's the first time that I read it in this forum hahah

Friend just came up with a name for the perk I thought up earlier The one I said you need 4 tokens in order to be immune from being grabbed or injured while unhooking a survivor he called it Not Dead Yet

• SaltedSnowSaltedSnow Member Posts: 185

Double blind is actually good lol, they're giving away their position if they're healthy or have IW, and if they're injured then just follow the moans.

• BlindMoleBlindMole Member Posts: 235

Oh my god.... Asking for lightborn nerf.... Holy [BAD WORD], well now I've seen everything

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 15,328

What's altruistic about unhooking in the killer's face?

• Malon_OoTMalon_OoT Member Posts: 29

I think everyone is forgetting that you are in the entities universe, and the entity favours the killer, not the survivors. So its natural the killer is going to have the uphand here. The objective is to survive as survivor however hard it is, those are the trails. And yes this all has to be formed to be balanced for both sides, but its still in the killers favour. Now however the survivors or killers abuse their abilities, if its just the basic knowladge that as killer you can kill therefore you can camp, or as survivor you can drop pallet after pallet then blind after blind, i agree that hast to be balanced. But if you look behind this again my point is stronger, since pallets and flashlights will run out, while your weapon as a killer no. As survivor you just have to learn how to evade the killer, and sometimes yes you have to let your teammates die. But if the killer is camping and it randomly sees that two gens have been completed suddenly, you can apply pressure and maybe it will move out. If not then just abuse that the killer is distracted and just do gens, turn its own weapon against him. And as killer just dont camp, thats all. I mean using crows on the killer could work, since it alerts its position, but its against the fact that the killer is on the entities side. Maybe if the killer is next to some object for to long (gen, hooked person) its position will be revealed to survivors for a while, but that would kinda defeat the purpouse of kindered.

• InaruslynxInaruslynx Member Posts: 14
    edited May 15

All I see on this forum is survivors wishing they could cripple killers more and more. Where-as Killers are asking to not get raped by red tier survivor groups. I personally think, this game needs to be balanced from the top down not from the bottom up. There's no hope for low tier killers when the broken MMS puts them against a red tier SWF. It just turns into a gang-bang and that's wrong on so many levels.

There aren't enough killers because they get their [BAD WORD] pushed in 70% of the time so they quit. Here you guys are asking for the devs to make it so even more killers quit. There are so many core problems that balancing the game almost doesn't even matter.

1) MM sucks and the whole tier system is meaningless

2) SWF (Voice comms) defeats the purpose of many killer perks (that are suppose to deny info to survivors)

3) Major bugs. Some being people getting stuck in the map! Inexcusable.

Survivors control the flow of the game. Killers in the most part just react to the survivors making mistakes. If the survivors are flawless then there is very little the killer can do. The killer might as well not even play. Pretty much you can only play certain killers (ones that counter looping) to even hope to be able to deal with survivors and that's far from a guarantee.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 2,993

When someone says Lightborn is overpowered and expects people to fall for that bait

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 1,153

You complain about a Perk which requires you to sacrifice a Perk slot. A Perk which doesn't even do that much besides countering only 1 Survivor Item group. It's not overpowered or unfair.

• SquirrelKnightSquirrelKnight Member Posts: 599

While i agree that sucks, thats more of bubbas bad design than camping itself. I know there are people who can play bubba normally but i sure as hell cant

• Dead_by_GadflyDead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 2,912
    edited May 15

Thats whst theyre supposed to do. The killer only got one kill and probably depipped, what more punishment do you want?

Get up into red ranks, you rarely see it there

I do feel there should be a perk that does cancel camping, that’s all, deliverance obviously won’t work due to the fact if your the first person hooked there’s no point and you can no longer use it which is also a problem that I hope gets fixed due to the fact it’s not overpowered you unhook yourself and your broken for a minute adrenaline doesn’t work with it so at least either give it a buff so you have it at the start or give a perk that cancels camping, cause even two games I did as killer I didn’t camp, I just left and then when they got unhooked smack them back down because when all 4 of them have a flashlight I tend to resort to every dirty trick besides face camping

Like just face camping, I have no problem with proxy, just face camping by itself is my only problem besides some of freddys insane range which my friend witnessed me get killed by

I’m not saying cancel it completely but give a chance to fight it, I just went up against a billy that loved to face camp, and we got all the gens done and guess what happens uses his chainsaw to face camp but the minute he saw me open the door he came to me and chased me to areas that had no pallets, which is also another problem, some maps are lucky enough to have 10 or more pallets, considering there’s perks that basically nerf pallets all together why nerf maps that used to have pallets and give us absolutely nothing to work with

There should be something to combat camping though like a perk you have to work for so less players do it, I’m in red ranks and I still get lobbies with camping killers due to there being no ranking system anymore, I’m tired of losing pips because of this or trying to actually enjoy the game and encounter players that make The game not so much fun anymore

Like I try and play the game for fun because that’s what they’re about but players like this take that fun away

And campers don’t really get punished at all, no one cares about the crest system at all besides people trying to pip, and it’s only one crest that’s affected by camping, and it’s only due to being close to a hooked survivor, a killer can still get 20,000 and camp all 4 survivor as billy, like I just died to and that’s the sad part is they are still rewarding, I didn’t go near hooked survivors because of it and I did the gens but again face camping and lack of pallets

• LALYTHIALALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,657

Lightborn is fine as-is, considering survivors can blind a killer in a 180 radius of their vision, even if they don't see the survivor in their FOV. Flashlights are also not an integral part of the game. Can they be useful? Yes. Can they be fun? Yes. Does it significantly change the outcome of the match if you can't use one? It shouldn't.

Camping is a BS [BAD WORD] play style that aggravates me daily. I felt at least somewhat enthused by the Dev's comments in the latest Q&A that they are looking into ways to make it less appealing. I welcome those changes.

I’ve played this game for 3 years, and it’s gotten a bit worse than it was 3 years ago, don’t get me wrong I love the killers and I respect the work, but there is an imbalance between killers and survivors it is way easier playing as killer even against a survive with friends because with a SWF you just gotta get rid of them right off the bat