Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Falldamage

Demonl3yDemonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

What if the devs add a mechanic where, if the survivor falls from a very high postion (like the one where you jump through the machine in The Game) you get injured. You cannot go down with this and maybe Balanced Landing could negate this.

I dont know i just would find this interesting and this would make the map more interactive.

Comments

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,729
    edited May 2020

It's one of those things that sound very interesting on paper, but in practice, it would just create massive dead spots that you wouldn't realistically ever go to. Going upstairs in the ironworks would be a bad idea 100% of the time, for example. I can't see it really having an effect in a chase outside of new players who don't know any better since everyone else will know to avoid those places at all costs.

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,000

Me, as a killer main, would hate a fall damage system for survivors, just like Peanits above says, no one would go to high places, so ironworks, hawkins, second floor from cornmap (forgot the name), yeah no, sounds great on paper but it would totally destroy most people on practice, I don't feel like it would be fair for survivors to go from healthy to injured for trying to loop high places

• Demonl3yDemonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

Maybe there could be ways to make it more fair for both sides.

Like they could add a pallet which the killer has to break and maybe the Killer is affectet too in any way like a stun of slowdown.

So it wouldnt be completely useless to go there but they could still use it as a last chance or something but still with a risk.

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,737

That would force survivors to actually be mindful of their actions, so they'll never do it.

This game will always be an unbalanced mess. Accept it and move on.

• deadbyhitboxdeadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,113

It would force survivors to never use or go to certain structures on maps. It's the exact same problem killers had with God windows. It isn't okay for either side to have parts of the map they literally just can't go to.

This game isn't unbalanced if you're good at it.