Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Why do i get decisive striked when i dont tunnel?

PipePipe Member Posts: 15

Decisive strike is not anti tunneling, i main billy i can down 3 survivors and hook them, the first one i hooked i will down again and pick them up and BAM! ez ds this is not fair at all i shouldnt get punished for being good at the game and downing players quick.

TL;DR Change Ds

Comments

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 1,952

inb4decisivestrikeisntanantitunnelperk.

• HollowsGriefHollowsGrief Member Posts: 328

Because according to the devs DS isn't an anti tunnel perk. There you go, it's just a free escape tunneled or otherwise. :)

• EleghostEleghost Member Posts: 456

It is a "don't touch me for x amount of time after unhook" perk. Still can be annoying at times.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 1,099

People have already said it, but the Devs have literally stated that it is not an anti tunnel perk...yet what do survivors suffer from if they don't run DS...and what do they use DS for...hmmm

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 1,153

Because DS is a well balanced and interactive Perk. It's your fault if you tunnel 5head.

• RespectfulnancymainRespectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,548

If you can get 3 hooks in 60 seconds i think a ds is fine

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 979

Well all you have to do to avoid DS is not tunnel, although it's not an anti-tunnelling perk, so if you don't tunnel and get DS'd, that's fine. You can avoid DS by slugging, although slugging is unfun for survivors so you shouldn't slug. Maybe you should eat it early although that might involve tunnelling, which is bad. Any more questions?

• DehitayDehitay Member Posts: 1,446

If somebody runs straight at me after being unhooked to abuse DS, that's actually when I start tunneling them. They give me a free down and get their DS out of the way so I'll just straight tunnel them afterwards if they do that crap to me.

Btw, to everybody saying "devs said Decisive Strike isn't an anti-tunnel perk", just because the devs say something doesn't mean it's necessarily true. Let's be honest and look at the facts. It's a perk that fights against a killer who downs a survivor again in a short time after they're unhooked. They could say Borrowed Time isn't an anti-camping perk. They could say Unbreakable isn't an anti-slugging perk. They could say NOED isn't an anti-gen rush perk. They could say Lightborn isn't an anti-flashlight perk. But let's be real here. Decisive Strike is an anti-tunneling perk. Also of fun note, I'm not sure if the dev team themselves take this stance, but Peanits said it as if it was the dev team's stance. They (or at least Peanits speaking on behalf of them) said that the Legion rework wasn't a rework.

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 7,859
    edited May 17

@Aneurysm it’s not always that simple. You can not tunnel all match to then have such a strategy bite you in the butt at endgame with survivors still under an active DS doing saves you as killer can’t do anything about.

i just eat it, get it out of the way and done with now. I like to try and get all DS out of the way as early as possible so it’s not something the survivors can’t use at endgame. There’s nothing worse than watching a downed survivor crawl all the way to safety out of an exit gate because I’m powerless as killer to stop them from doing it.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 979

I know, just making a joke about how a lot of pro-DS arguments contradict each other

• CantDeadHarderCantDeadHarder Member Posts: 101

Just keep better track of who you hooked, and eat DS when you can afford it. Stop letting the perk exist into endgame, and stop respecting it when you can afford it.

• SquirrelKnightSquirrelKnight Member Posts: 599

The best solution is if you suspect a DS just facecamp them first hook, bam no DS 😈😈😈