Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

No "attempt escape" as last Survivor

So, as we all know when you're the last person left and you get hooked you go straight to struggle. All I have to say to this is.. why??????

So, attempting escape is suppose to be a last resort right? Mainly one of those moments where no one is saving you so you gotta see if you can do it yourself... so..... why exactly is this not an option when literally no one can save you?

It seems so stupid to me, it really does. I don't understand the logic. You have no other way of escaping and it's only 4% so why not just give us that chance. Whats even the point in adding this feature in if you can't do it in this very critical situation. Only time people actually use it is for other survivors getting the hatch which i'm pretty sure wasn't intended.

Comments

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 7,257

They really need to fix this. Especially for the survivors running deliverance that saved people during the match and were never hooked.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 5,330
    edited May 2020

Currently, Killer can go around kick some pallets. If self unhook as the last Survivor happens, every Killer will just face camp you.

Killer only get downside for not able to go around kicking pallets anymore. There is no upside for Survivor. Trust me

• APoipleTurtleAPoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,275

They implemented the "auto-sacrifice" on the final survivor so that killers could be guaranteed their final kill once no one was left to save them.

As was mentioned above, killers would just face-camp the last survivor if they could randomly free themselves from the hook. Plus this would create another opportunity for DS to activate and act as a cheap prolonging of the match for the killer.

Survivor would more likely than not still die, killer would be annoyed for having to deal with it, everyone's time is wasted. It would be annoying at best and frustrating at worst, so I'd say it's not something that needs changed.

• alaenyiaalaenyia Member Posts: 550

You are right, how dare we inconvenience a killer. Devs would never hear of such a thing for sure. Survivors will crawl back into the corner now before we get the hose again.

• VIleVIle Member Posts: 167

How dare survivors try to survive! The nerve!

• MiniPisaMiniPisa Member Posts: 633

Sure, the killer could facecamp us if they want.. But at least we'd still have the option to try. I don't really care what the killer does, it just makes no sense that we can't attempt escape at the most logical time.

Besides, i'm sure there's some killers here that respect the 4%.

• PeacePeace Member Posts: 162

Yea, those who respect it are going to facecamp you.

Otherwise it would be pretty annoying, lets say its already EGC, hatch is closed and no key in play.

The surv runs deliverance + DS, unhooks, gets downed, gets grabbed and frees himself or simply slugged for a minute. The only thing i miss about that is the points you get from struggling as surv and for using the killer power (placing traps etc) and breaking palletts as killer, while the surv struggles.

Overall the change wasnt really that necessary when looking at other urgent mechanics that need a change. But, it`s not that worse at all.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

Because you're dead. You have zero chance of escaping. Why waste your time and the killer's?

• elvangulleyelvangulley Member Posts: 569

You lost get over it you aren't entitled to escape.

Dude you really gotta start trying to be more friendly otherwise you're never getting out of that cage lol

If you had taken the time to read anything on here you would know I am not an entitled survivor. It simply annoys me that the "take a chance to escape" option isn't there when you would need it most. As people have mentioned, not only is it unlikely you would escape but the killer could watch you do it.

• LitanyLitany Member Posts: 13

Isn't it true that if I have Deliverance and Decisive Strike I could conceivably escape in these circumstances?

If this is how it now works, this is how it now works. I can see the forced ending when on struggle. But when on first hook, it seems like there's still a chance. Hell, someone could get off the hook and possibly escape even a face-camping killer....

Yeah it just feels bad being on your first hook and going straight to struggle. I get why they did this, but it makes no sense.

edited May 2020

If you're last hooked and someone else is still struggling on a hook you have a chance to unhook yourself. It can happen while being facecamped and you can escape - I've done it. It's wicked rare but it can happen. All you need is the killer to hang you close to an open Exit because they think you have 0 chance of escaping and when you unhook yourself the killer wastes hit on unhooking animation. If you face killer in very next round they probably will make sure to down/hook you first and facecamp to make sure it doesn't happen again.

The option should be there because even though nothing could happen or the killer could just down the survivor right away there is a chance they could escape because it happens now when there's already someone on a hook when the last survivor is being hooked - its why killers slug until the already hooked survivor dies, so they can get rid of that slim chance of escape.

• elvangulleyelvangulley Member Posts: 569

No! no more second, third, fourth, fifth chances for survivors. You already get a ton of second chance perks. Then you get hatch when killer has stomped your team. You also can hide for 30 minutes and hold the game hostage. You have to many chances as is at what point has thw killer earned thier win.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited May 2020

You know if this was implemented the killer would just basically camp the last person on hook right.

Unless you had decisive strike and achy with the knowledge of where the Hatch was you were still not going to escape.

1) you will be slugged for 60 seconds then hooked

2) if they have a Cypress they'll just use that

I'm aware. I'm not fussed about this, I just want the option

• DrDeepwoundDrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited May 2020

How dare survivors die on the hook after a killer put them on the hook.

Last survivors are already slugged until all survivors are dead/out to ensure they can't attempt escape. I've escaped when the killer doesn't do that slug, it is possible you get the 4% and escape without using DS and the killer is facecamping. Odds aren't high by any means but it's possible.

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,372
    edited May 2020

That's why I run unbreakable

If you run sprint burst or dead hard (basically everyone) you can chain the unbreakable into one of those to escape.

The simple fact of the matter is that if we shouldn't limit the game's edge cases because super cool rare things happen that change up the match sometimes and that's emergent gameplay.

You can't boil the game down to "oh this will just happen" or "X will just do Y" because if you do that enough there isn't a game anymore.

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Due to the ongoing Decisive Crutch meta, you will just end being slugged for another minute. Why waste everyone's time that way?

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

if the survivor could do that the killer would just facecamp them and not give them a single chance (unless they had ds). not to mention that 4% is the closest thing to never. in conclusion it would just unnecessarily stall the game

• superangryowensuperangryowen Member Posts: 1

that would be nice but then most killers would just leave you downed