Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Answer Honestly

How do you feel about Huntress’s insta down hatchets. Personally, I feel they should work like deathslinger where they have to be thrown a certain distance

Comments

• emptyCupsemptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

I think they are fine.

• Horror_GamingHorror_Gaming Member Posts: 242
    edited May 2020

This was an add on that was made while insta heals were in the game. I believe this addon has power creeked and should be tuned with how the game is now.

• JoeyBobJoeyBob Member Posts: 477

They're fine. Having a key balances such a game if survivors are decent with chases.

• Dead_by_GadflyDead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,774

I agree something needs to change with them, but i see them so rarely i doubt its a problem, on console anyway

• LALYTHIALALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

They are pretty cheap at pt blank range, combined with a belt.

Huntress is my favorite killer, and I just don't use them. It doesn't feel like a win.

• OniWantsUrLocationOniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 362

The addon must be changed if you ask me.

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Should be tied to distance like Deathslinger's Iri add-on. I think at this point they're afraid of how many Iri Hatchet games there'll be in the weeks the PTB is active.

• illusionillusion Member Posts: 869

Don't care for them, myself. Feels kind of cheap, imo.

• Demogordon_RamsayDemogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

Remember how it took the devs three years to nerf Decisive Strike down from the free second chance Perk it was, and even then it just became a free second chance Perk with a timer?

Iri hatchets are the Decisive of Killers. It's only been given minor, insignificant nerfs in the three years it's been around, and even though it probably wouldn't be hard at all to nerf it, BHVR have done nothing about how ridiculous it is.

I just hope that when they do nerf it, it doesn't mimic DS again in that the nerfs are arguably buffs.

• ElkElk Member Posts: 2,267
    edited May 2020

I see them but not very often. If it gets changed then fine. If not, fine. If a Huntress uses them in a match i got to be more cautious in my gameplay. I also get to see if people DC because of the add-on. I'm fine with them but if it gets changed that's fine too.

• ggezbabyggezbaby Member Posts: 398

I’d like iri heads to count as a instadown with an accurate headshot.

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

One of the cheapest add-ons in the game. Thankfully, devs are looking at it.

• XzanXzan Member Posts: 908

It's the combination with ebony mori that makes Iri hatchets really powerful. Otherwise I think it should stay as it is. But I wouldn't mind some tweaks.

• MerokoMeroko Member Posts: 104

It needs to be reworked, no good huntress uses them because they know how strong they are and she doesn't need them.

Making it work only on long range shots (15 meters like Deathslinger) is the way to go. It makes using the addon feel rewarding because shots that far aren't guaranteed to hit, so landing them already makes you feel accomplished. Adding an insta down on top of shots like that is a great feeling, the survivor would feel less cheated as well as they'd actually have a chance to avoid it.

Insta hatchets in melee range of the huntress are downright impossible to dodge (unless you have a baby huntress who can't aim)

I hope the change the devs make is something along the line of this

• TheOhioHutcHTheOhioHutcH Member Posts: 178

Yeah i feel they are fine I don't use them and I've never had a game where they've been used against me playing Survivor

The only time I used them was when I was going for my adapt Huntress achievement other then that i just played as her normal (also not a fan of Huntress to play as)

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 5,460

I'm pretty indifferent. I've never used them, and the number of times I've been up against a Huntress using them could be counted on one hand. Hard to say how powerful they really are when everyone DC's or suicides on the first hook.

I guess if anything I think Huntress's iri heads should work like Deathslinger's add-on, and Deathslinger's add-on should actually work like current iri heads because his weapon does not have infinite range and it's much more of a pain to use. That's just my opinion, though.

• zireael_zireael_ Member Posts: 25

Definitely not... If the huntress is halfway decent at her, they can end matches with top tier survivors at 4-5 gens every time . I don't like the feeling of being downed at 50+ meters. Also, keys should be out of the game too. :)

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,966

They're fine, as they are. However, they shouldn't pair with extra hatchet addons.

It's an insta down, sure, but she's limited to one shot. She'll then have to break chase to reload. Every shot she misses is more time wasted reloading, so it has pros and cons.

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,906

The only issues with the instant down hatches is the ability to bypass the downside with the extra hatchet add-ons.

Without the extra hatchets its a fair and high skill add-on that rewards a huntress who have good aim.

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 5,584
    edited May 2020

Get rid of them. They are ridiculous. Hatchets should never insta down a healthy survivor.

Some of the best Huntress players I've seen wouldn't be caught dead using them.

• MdawguMdawgu Member Posts: 393

I kind of agree with this? But theres a lot of other killers who can do similar stuff. Clown's pinky finger, Myers/Oni power. I dont think instant down hatchets are really a huge problem.

• ich_häng_mal_rumich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 326

Normally I would say instahatches are okay, but you shouldn’t combine it with the beltaddon. That’s to much!

the biggest problem if I face a instdown huntress is the whole setting:

iri + belt addon

noed, bbq, nurses, whisperer

ebony mori

thats the real tryharder that makes no fun to go against...

• Lx_maliceLx_malice Member Posts: 1,337

If it couldn't be combined with infantry belt or leather loop I think it'd be fine.

• kazoie1kazoie1 Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2020

To be honest im all for nerfing them, but COMPETENTLY against making them like gunslingers add-on because i feel his addon is almost useless. maybe like @Lx_malice 1 hatchet period or one i thought of is that instead of reloading you get one hatchet per hook so if you down someone you can get it back but if there good at juking you have to wait until you can out play them to get it back

• cheetocultleadercheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,084

Don't like them. In my experience so far, it makes for rather short games.

• emptyCupsemptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

No...

You can't just name other things in the game or blame old broken survivor changes. Instaheals were removed because its bullshit.

Irr Ax is...

A rare resource-must be grind for

Has deep drawbacks limiting to 1 ax

Difficult to land easy to counter

Is still less powerful then most easily recharged more available killer attacks like the 6 who all have 1hk on basekit

Its good but its not that good and most people don't play killer because its not fun and they always loose so let's stop nerfing the few tools they have left

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,266

I don't mind them. If they got changed or stay as they are it wouldn't bother me.

They do change up the game versus a huntress which makes me play a lot more careful, I kinda like that at times. It does feel rewarding to dodge three hatchets knowing each one could have downed me.

If hatchets weren't how they are right now in terms of how many feel like they shouldn't have hit. Would this change anyone's perspective on them?

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,236

insta hatchets themselves are fine - actually they are pretty bad when you look at them alone.

however when combined with other add ons, such as the infantry belt they become way too powerfull.

also imo adding a distance to them would make them utterly useless - the iridescent coin is already extremely weak, we dont need a V2 of that - the iri coin rather needs a buff to it, honestly.

• ich_häng_mal_rumich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 326

@emptyCups

why we can‘t compare instahatches with old instaheals?

a instaheal was ultrarare and you had to grind for too.

the instaheal you could use only onetime, while the instahatches give you onehits the whole match and this by this hitboxes... it’s a free win for huntress.