Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Turn off the lights

emptyCupsemptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

put the volume up

Get into the right mindset and really embrace the atmosphere

This game can be scary if you let go of your senses and just have fun for alittle bit

I highly suggest you read more lore

Comments

• OhMyWordsOhMyWords Member Posts: 230

I totally agree. Try what he said i try it before and it changed my perspective on playing solo survivor.

• KycerKycer Member Posts: 337

Lore is for weebs. I ain’t reading that #########.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 9,665

problem is, if you play in the most optimal way (looping, wasting as much time of the killer, repair gens until the killer is right next to you etc) you pretty much automatically ignore the atmosphere of the game and it is not scary at all.

playing immersed and more in the atmosphere (more carful, hiding, healing somewhere safe, trying to end a chase not prolong it) is mostly frowned upon by both killer and survivor-teammates and you will get called names and probably get „penalized“ by the emblem-system also.

Not even the spirit's lore is for weebs. Why would you think it's for weebs? This game's lore is good, but the theme is what really matters. You don't even have to read the lore to do what he said. Just exclude the lore part or replace it with the theme "noed"

This is very true. The good thing is you will get penalized by the emblem system. So you don't rank up and can get immersed with other newbies. The other good thing is you can mute the end lobby chat forever and spam next game. As long as you have fun, you got the value of your money.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Well, I play stealth and use the almighty power of high volume with a quality headset, and I've missed pips by ONE EMBLEM because stealth isn't rewarded highly enough.

It's a 50/50 split between singles and doubles before you ask. Depends on how much generator time/healing and saves I get.

I think deranking is the best thing about ranked in this game. Anyways, you will be forced to get to green ranks as long as you do a generator and throw pallets around and perform heal/save and get lucky. I agree with stealth not getting enough rewards. I hate getting very little bp out of a game if i can just play legion and never depip while accumulating 40k bp with no downs.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Omfg, you have no idea how true that is about Legion.

He's 3rd on my list of most played killers, and I'm currently running all the BP gain. I have BBq, Hex Thrill, Monitor and Ruin. So much BP. Don't even have to kill.

And I'm actually in red, or still at rank 5 since I've hardly been on my xbox at all lately. Somehow I kept on ranking up.